Juha "gripmonster" Harju´s Training Log

Juha Harju

Thanks. I'm luckily because my injury was not bad. I did some squats today and without pain.

• Like 2

Yesterday was full recovery day and I ate lot of calories and prepared for today´s grip. As many my grip friends knows I have done one hand bottom up clean lift (left and right) with 20kg monster kettlebell (diameter 146.65mm) but NEVER double clean with those. My hands are only 20.5cm. Today was THE DAY and BOOOOMMMM!!! I nailed those bastards at my FIRST ATTEMPT! Very cool!

• Like 2

Cheers. It's 1000 times harder than double blob50 clean. Sometimes I really think this is too difficult for my size hands. Now I pulled those very carefully, not too fast and explosive starting position. It works!

• Like 1

Strong Juha!! Are You able to face lift a Blob50? Just wondering because of Your handsize!

Edited by Burkhard Macht
  • Like 1

Strong Juha!! Are You able to face lift a Blob50? Just wondering because of Your handsize!

Thanks bro.

Sorry to say but my hand is too little. I has tried hundred times but my fingers are too short.

• Like 1

Thanks bro.

Sorry to say but my hand is too little. I has tried hundred times but my fingers are too short.

Haha, I feel with You - no way I'll ever able to lift it this way either! I'm even unable to lift the 45# Blob and the 40# is the absolute limit!

Edited by Burkhard Macht
  • Like 1

Juha, you must have a limited hand span (distance from thumb tip to little finger tip) in comparison to the normal hand measurement we use here, or your thumb is not flexible.I trained towards the 50 lb. Blob lift by the face for a while, but it is really tough to get my hand in a position where it seem remotely possible-have to use just the tip of my thumb (which is very flexible, fortunately) in order to get part of my fingertips touching, but have to rotate my hand at an uncomfortable angle to get even that much purchase/grip on it. Worked up to lifting the 47.5# blob w/ a 1.25 platemate attached and dropped it at the top w/ 2.5# in platemates. It's on my youtube channel if you want to see it. Will probably mess around with it again once some other goals are taken care of. You are so strong, I'd think you could lift the 50 by the face if you can even get two fingertips and your thumbtip to reach.

• Like 1

What do you mean when you say your hand is only 20.5 cm? That's over 8 inches which i would consider pretty big. Do you mean span or length?

Wrist to top of middlefinger.

What do you mean when you say your hand is only 20.5 cm? That's over 8 inches which i would consider pretty big. Do you mean span or length?

1462622_162665277425875_5666177800513265

1801248_162664934092576_7216164656112097

10580770_162667000759036_398814743958706

• Like 2

1 RM lifts are cool and all people likes to do those. But how you can get more and more power for bigger lifts? One way is to do more reps and sets with "right zone"

• Like 4

:rock damn man!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What did your maxes end up being on 2hp, half penny, and thick bar?

3x1 108.5kg at 2hp

2x1 111.5 at 2hp

143,3kg 148,3kg 153,3kg and 156.4kg at thick bar. Stub lifts was only for fun.

• Like 1

Not too many full heads of hair in Finland these days, eh Big Guy?

• Like 3