Juha "gripmonster" Harju´s Training Log

Juha Harju

Nice find Juha! Looks like most of them look better for grip training than the plates you've been using.

Yes, very good plates.

• Like 2

Today one species was Double OverHand Thumbless Deadlift. All 1RM lifts went good and seems that at next training all 1RM lifts will be new PR lifts, not bad at all. My PR is now 240kg but not long anymore. :)

• Like 1

Yesterday:

SSB Squat

6x2 106kg

DO thumbless deadlift

1x5 105kg

1x5 145kg

1x2 185kg

2x1 205kg

1x1 225kg

1x1 235kg

1x3 200kg

1x3 180kg

CCW 3" Russian Handle

1x1 60kg

1x1 65kg

1x1 70kg

1x1 72.5kg

1x1 73kg

2x- 75kg both was almost ready

+ other lower body & abs training

Today

Bench Press

2x20 20kg

2x10 60kg

2x5 100kg

2x3 140kg

1x3 160kg

1x3 170kg

1x3 150kg

1x5 140kg narrow grip

1x15 100kg narrow grip

2x20 60kg narrow grip

Grippers:

2x2 #2.5 MM-Set

2x1 #3 MM-Set

1x1 #3.5 MM-Set

3x1 Unopened COC#3.5 MM-Set

3x3 #3 MM-Set

SW

5x1 + holds

Chin Ups

4x6

Rotator cuff etc pikku homostelua lopuksi.....

• Like 3

Strong workouts

• Like 1

As usual, you4 normal training is pushing the bar higher!

• Like 1

Awesome work Juha! How has the list (in quote below) changed now that you've knocked of so many more feats?:

Juha, you really are a grip monster. That close is just ridiculous!

Thanks.

This #4 close includes in "TOP5 feats" in my life.

1. First time 200kg at raw bench

2. 300kg raw deadlift with 50mm axle

3. #4 close

4. Mash Monster certs 1-6 level

5. 4x10kg pinch lift

Still waiting 2x25kg pinch lift (it would be 1st place) :grin:

Thanks Bader and Bob. 2/8 feats done and still great feelings to continue this program. Yesterday we moved my heavy grip stuff from Epana to Gym Voimapuoti. It´s better way for my training now.

Many of my friends are pro powerlifters and they respect more mine 200kg raw bench and especially 300kg axle deadlift than plate liftings. Lot of dudes pull easily 200kg at raw bench but 300kg axle dl is too heavy. Anyone of them can´t lift 2x25kg or 4x10kg.

I need to to two lists now because now I understand better how hard or easy those lifts are.

Original, old list:

1 .2x25kg Pinch lift (very long road to reach but now easy) 1st man in the world makes it bigger than other feats.

2. 300kg raw deadlift with 50mm axle (nothing special, can do more if need. Still respect stuff.)

3. First time 200kg at raw bench ( big mark for everyone who has done it)
4. COC#4 close (very long road to reach and still needs hard training if you wanna do it again.)

5. 4x10kg Pinch Lift (very long road to reach but now easy)

Pressure list: (done or close)

1.??? :whistel :whistel

2. INCH Clean (very very hard but I´ll do it soon)

3. Double 2x25kg Pinch Lift (easy with right hand, left is halfway up now, coming soon)

4. MM7 & MM8 (in future, after plate and blob & inch feats)

5. Wade´s +80lb blob lift (about 5-6lbs missing now but I´ll do it)

6. Double 3x15kg Pinch (done and not hard)

7. Double 4x10kg Pinch (too easy, not challenge)

• Like 4

Ive been watching your vids, your really inspiring man. You just get to shit and get it done. Beast mode.

• Like 1

Ive been watching your vids, your really inspiring man. You just get to shit and get it done. Beast mode.

Thanks Kurt. I really appreciate your words! :rock

I stopped competing at all kind of national etc contests now. I competed almost nine years all the time. That stuff took too much my time and energy. Now it´s over and finally I have time to do some big grip feats.

I have been training like mad dog now. I have set for myself very high level goals now. I hope I stay healthy I and will reach all those sick feats. :)

-Juha

• Like 1

Great pinch lifting as always Juha. I have not tried 4x10 with my non-dominant hand but I am pretty sure I am not even close at this stage. I know what it takes on the Euro 1HP for me to pull off a 4x10 right hand but I have only been at that level with my left once (a very humid evening). I am typically, and sadly, well below what it takes with my left hand. Its a long term project though.

• Like 1

Great pinch lifting as always Juha. I have not tried 4x10 with my non-dominant hand but I am pretty sure I am not even close at this stage. I know what it takes on the Euro 1HP for me to pull off a 4x10 right hand but I have only been at that level with my left once (a very humid evening). I am typically, and sadly, well below what it takes with my left hand. Its a long term project though.

Cheers Mikael.

Your pinch is very strong. It´s hard to get both hands as strong. My left is much stronger with wide pinch (+60mm) than right hand.

• Like 1

Doing DAMAGE BROTHERRRRRRR!!!! :yikes

• Like 1

I did before today´s grip heavy good morning with camber bar and I got lower back injury.

Time to rest and see what will happen. :shutup:

Heal up buddy!

• Like 1

Thanks for supporting my friends. My lower bach is better now. I hope that nothing serious.

• Like 4

Thanks for supporting my friends. My lower bach is better now. I hope that nothing serious.

Good to see You are better now! Back pain is just not what You want when being interested in lifting heavy!

But if You are not careful enough You have to expect to get some major hammering head ache!! :yikes At least You do Your fate an offer.... :mosher :mosher :mosher

• Like 1

Glad your back is feeling better my friend. When I heard you hurt it on the good morning exercise, I was concerned because I know of a couple people w/ bad back injuries from that...guess it has a high potential reward strength-wise though.

My back has been messed up lately too; at Gripmas I had to stop on the DO Axle w/ a weight I've lifted 1-handed-because I needed to drive 400 miles right after the contest, and I could feel that it was about to "go out" if I pushed it on any two-handed lifts.

• Like 1