• Rick Walker

• gazza

• Gripper42004

• David Horne

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE! Come take my $$$!!

Heath?

Rick Walker :rock

I'll see what I can do, I would love to come up. We will have a break from school around that time I think. Football maybe in the way, season will be under way. But I will certainly see if I can make it!

Rick,

I'd love to be there as well, seeing how you need some competition for last place! I haven't heard from Kevin Fulton yet about SuperGrip 2003. I still plan on attending there, but at least PA is within a day's drive from Massachusetts. I'll have to fly to Nebraska.

Count me in! Alan

The first person to close my #4, under Ironmind rules, will get the gripper and $100.

Any one who closes my Beef Builder Super Elite-will take home $25.

So lets recap:

Blob=$50

Inch DB replica clean and press=$150

My #4=take my gripper and $100

BBSE=$25

Plus-some great prizes that I am currently working on.

I am limiting the group size to 12 people in order to make it run smoothly and not have us there all night!

Some of you could pay for the trip!

Whos up for it!

All interested parties should let me know ASAP if you are coming for sure!

Date is 99% going to be September 6th-which is a Saturday.

I am limiting it to 12 people max (including me!) and I have a feeling that I will reach that quota.

Don't be afriad to compete! If anything you will leave with new friends, great stories, a t-shirt, and a belly full of good food and drink!

With some of the maybes-there could be some history made!

Entry fee is going to be $30-just to cover som expenses.

I have reserved a space for Terminator-We will not know if he can make it until later on in the year.

Again-PLEASE PM me ASAP with your mailing addy so I can send out the Forms. AGAIN-ONLY 12 PEOPLE TOPS!

LETS SEE WHO CAN TAKE HOME THE HONORS OF GRIP CHAMPION!

Sounds great Rick! Though I'm not sure I CAN compete with you guys! Are there going to be any non-certified competitors? My best grip feats are: pinching 2x 25lb plates (20 sec), 265lb overhand SLDL on a 2" bar (6 reps), and I'm still 1mm away from closing the #3. These feats are cake compared to what you guys are doing! Though I'm right here in Baltimore, and would love the chance to meet you guys! How long of a drive is that anyway?

Dan-

As I have said-anyone can come! I cant hang with 90% of the guys either!

It is for fun-and to meet great grip friends and watch mind boggling grip feats!!!

Come on up!

ATTENTION!!!

BIG DAVE-you know-they guy 2-pennies from mashing the #4 :D has commited to the contest.

WHO CAN BEAT HIM?

And-will he take home the #4 and the cash?

BRING IT!

I truly hope so!

Rick,

I'm gonna pass on entering for now. I have a herniated disk in my lower back L4-L5, and lifting 600 lbs is out of the question. Also, the best I've ever done is 190 lbs one handed. I've simply never lifted weights.

I'd rather see the spot used by someone who is capable of completing all the events.

I'll still come and enjoy the day. I'll bring plenty of film, or maybe a good digital camera if I have one by then.

Alan

Please dont let any of the vents scare anyone off!!!

COME-HAVE FUN-EAT-DRINK-TALK-MEET COOL PEOPLE-LET YOUR CHILDREN SWIM (If it is still warm!)-LET THE WIVES CONVERSE.

LETS HAVE AN OUTSTANDING DAY!

If you cant do one particular event-the dont do it. But-PLEASE STILL COMPETE.

This contest isnt meant for the ELITE at all-it is FOR EVERYONE!

Gripper32001 I will be paying your entry fee with mine. You will be there if I have to the carry you all the way from Front Royal Va. in one hand and a blob in the other. Sorry rule #5. It would make a cool pic. :yikes

That would be a cool $175 in your pocket.

My #4 is TOUGH though. The deepest sitting spring I have EVER seen on Any gripper.

It is close to my World Class :yikes

BRING IT!

We will have to have a coin toss to see who gets the first chance at the #4-like I said-the first man to close it gets $100 and the gripper.

Guest mallory

Rick, I don't know if this is the direction you want your competition to go in, but you might think about getting in touch with Ironmind, and see if they will help sponsor the meet. They could donate some prizes, perhaps help you with expenses. Would be good publicity for them. They may not know it -- you may not either -- but their sales have gone up because of you. A bunch of guys from Doc's forum read your posts there about gripping, got turned on to it, and bought the COC's. (I'm one.) You can also probably get some good local p.r. for the event: newspaper, TV and radio. They could show some of you guys crushing beer cans, and warn their audience, "be careful when you shake hands with these guys." You might even get some spectators, who would be interested in buying some grippers, and you might get some clients for your own personal training services. Could grow considerably. Well, however you decide to run your competition, best of luck.

I am in the process of speaking to a number of smaller companies.

Strossen has never shown interest in this board-so I am only speculating that he would have no interest in my competition.

As far as spectators go-I want to keep it low key. #1-I dont want a bunch of people off the street showing up to my house for free food and drink.

#2-its about grip friends getting together to push one another to new heights

#3-I am not trying to sell anything. I am giving the chance to smaller companies to donate or sponsor.

I want to make this thing as comfortable as possible for all competitors-regardless of level or strength and I want to make it an annual thing where grip freaks like myself can get together-brak PRs-talk training-and just have a good time!

Thanks for your input-

Rick

Add 3 RbGrippers to your list of prizes.,courtesy of Robert Baraban.

Thesee will be .

1xAluminium handles with a black or silver chromium spring.

1xAluminium handles steel spring,gripper is fully chronium platet

black or silver.

1xSteel handled steel spring then completely chromium plated

silver or black.

The above with 1st,2nd or 3rd or date what ever you want on your handles. :D

WOW! That is AWESOME to say the least.

1xAluminium handles with a black or silver chromium spring.
Lets go silver spring
1xAluminium handles steel spring,gripper is fully chronium platet

black or silver.

AWESOME! Lets go silver all over.

1xSteel handled steel spring then completely chromium plated

silver or black.

Lets go all Black.

Do you know the IPs he agreed to?

And-Can we get SEPT 6. on one handle and BFGS in the other?

(I am calling it the Battle for Grip Supremacy-hence BFGS.)

Again-a huge thank you to Robert and you , GAZZA.

THis is just great!

Rick

All black it is then :D

No probs on the lettering also :D

Wish i was coming myself to see the fireworks :rock

You,ll have to get it all on video :D

Rick

just re-read your post.

The strengths anything inbetween 160IP and 300IP.

The grippers whatever colour either silver or black.

The engraving to your spec.

Lets go 240, 260, and 300.

The 240 can be the Aluminium handles with the silver spring

The 260 can be the Aluminium handles steel spring,gripper in full silver

And make the 300 the Steel handled steel spring then completely chromium plated black

Great.

Engrave as mentioned before.

Also-Please tell me what info to put on the back of the event shirt for Robert's donation.

Rick

I would love to come up. Count me in! If the list of more realistic challangers gets bigger, I will bow out of the competition (because I won't be any) but would love to come up from Houston anyway to meet all of you guy's:laugh