Durniat Strength Grip Challenge

BGgrip

Correct the new address for the comp is 3065 east lincoln way wooster, oh 44691

not the way I drive.

This address is actually 15 minutes closer for you Brent... :D

I'll be there. Hopefully I can talk a friend into competing. What is the weight going to be for the frame hold?

Looking at light -400, middle - 500, heavy - 600. Women - 200~250#. 18" pick height (measured from the bottom of the handles) for all.

Andrew, the frame currently weighs 350 empty. Adding handles and loading pins tomorrow. Final base weight should be between 360 and 380. Just FYI.

• 3 weeks later...

is there an athlete roster yet?

Paid:

Brent Barbe

Greg Gorecki

Jeff Staudt

Brandon Gerber

Malcolm Majesky

Joe Costa

Mary Ann McKeague

Lots of other local guys training for it;

Matt Massaro

Lane Drake

Cole Drake

Tim Ratzel

Gary Bess

I won't be competing but I will be there to help out loading - scoring or whatever. I might want to try at least try lifting the frame for future reference.

I'm sending the money out tomorrow. Sorry about being so last minute.

sure you got my $ as well. I got a E-mail from Greg.

I was going off memory. Greg has the official list

Here is the current roster for the Durniat Grip Challenge. This list excludes our local participants. Closer to the time of the comp. I will post an offical roster of everyone who is participating.

Competitors

Brent Barbe

Joe Costa

Mary-Ann McKeague

Nick Rosendaul

Jeffery Staudt

Andrew Pantke*

Brent Barbe's friend*

*these individuals notified the check is in the mail and they are attending.

Also it is not too late to sign up for the Grip Challenge I know the flyer gave a deadline date of January 28th, but just send me an email g.gorecki83@gmail.com and we will be more than happy to accomodate you.

I am new to grip and hand work. I am seriously thinking of attending to hopefully learn some things. I don't want to step on any toes but I was wondering if it would also be possible for guys to bring used equipment for sale or swap. It may increase attendance and also make the whole event worth the while for attendees. As I said, I don't want to step on toes but I bet there are some pretty experienced/strong guys who've grown out of some of their stuff yet it might be perfect and challenging for me. For instance, I have a brand new, unopened GHP 6 I am not ready for. It seems to be between a CoC 2 and 2.5. I would be willing to trade it or sell it for a good price and no shipping needed.

I am new to grip and hand work. I am seriously thinking of attending to hopefully learn some things. I don't want to step on any toes but I was wondering if it would also be possible for guys to bring used equipment for sale or swap. It may increase attendance and also make the whole event worth the while for attendees. As I said, I don't want to step on toes but I bet there are some pretty experienced/strong guys who've grown out of some of their stuff yet it might be perfect and challenging for me. For instance, I have a brand new, unopened GHP 6 I am not ready for. It seems to be between a CoC 2 and 2.5. I would be willing to trade it or sell it for a good price and no shipping needed.

Always welcomed to buy/sell/swap gear at my comps.

is the weight limit still 220 or are we going with the new 105Kg class?

I'm not up to speed on the new weight classes but yes we will be using the new weight classes (whatever they are?) for this comp.

I'm not up to speed on the new weight classes but yes we will be using the new weight classes (whatever they are?) for this comp.

Andrew, I believe as promoter you can pick whatever weight cutoffs you want for the purpose of contest placings and awards.

For records tracking, no matter how you place in the contest, lifts can count toward the following weight classes:

Men 59k, 66k, 74k, 83k, 93k, 105k, 120k, 120k+

But it's not like you have to represent all those classes in your contest.

Andrew, I believe as promoter you can pick whatever weight cutoffs you want for the purpose of contest placings and awards.

For records tracking, no matter how you place in the contest, lifts can count toward the following weight classes:

Men 59k, 66k, 74k, 83k, 93k, 105k, 120k, 120k+

But it's not like you have to represent all those classes in your contest.

if there is a weight class from 71-73 kg i might have a chance of winning that. even as narrow as that is i am probably still a long shot.