Metroplex Mayhem At Metroflex (4)

Paul Knight

I would like to come on as a sponsor with a bounty.

Anyone who beats Paul Knight in this comp (finishing ahead of him in the final standings) will be allowed to pick out one free DVD from my catalog and they will get it at no charge!

That's very generous! Thank you, Jedd!

Can anyone provide me with a hyperlink to the results of MMM1 and MMM2? I would like to analyze the progression of some of the competitors over the past ~3 years. I found MMM3 results, but no luck for the first two. Thanks much.

Can anyone provide me with a hyperlink to the results of MMM1 and MMM2? I would like to analyze the progression of some of the competitors over the past ~3 years. I found MMM3 results, but no luck for the first two. Thanks much.

here is MMM2

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=34197

I'll try to find MMM1

Only a couple weeks away!

Thanks Jedd, very nice of you sir .... it's gonna be tough for me to win this one though w/AG coming. My axle is waaaay down. Everything else seems to be pretty close even though I've dropped down to 220 except for the damn axle. Guess we'll see what happens. Either way, I think we'll see some WR's in this one given the weight classes. It should be interesting.

I can't wait for this contest I'm fully trained at a 100% just waiting to explode into last place again! So look out because I'm going after all Russian competitors first and then here comes the terror dome biznotches. If your name is Paul "queen bee" knight, Eric "sweet swan" Milfeld, or any crazy dead rabbits from H.K.C I'm gunning for those guys first and then the rest. Everyone bring your A game because I'm bringing my C. Don't cry when I maybe beat you in this contest because there is a 50/50 chance I will. Good luck to all because you may or may not need it.

I can't wait for this contest I'm fully trained at a 100% just waiting to explode into last place again! So look out because I'm going after all Russian competitors first and then here comes the terror dome biznotches. If your name is Paul "queen bee" knight, Eric "sweet swan" Milfeld, or any crazy dead rabbits from H.K.C I'm gunning for those guys first and then the rest. Everyone bring your A game because I'm bringing my C. Don't cry when I maybe beat you in this contest because there is a 50/50 chance I will. Good luck to all because you may or may not need it.

Word.

Nice Mark ... nothing is ever boring when you are around brutha. I hope you can make the after party too. Is Matheus competing?

Only about a week and a half before the comp! Having my last workout Sat. I had a pretty good gripper workout on some GHP's today considering my weight loss (I'll post a vid here later). I weighed 219.5 on my scale this morn which I think may be weighing me a couple pounds light, so I still will need to loss another pound and a half or so. I don't think that will be a problem if I keep doing what I'm doing.

Everyone else look like they are going to make weight? Casey? Kevin?

Eric and I were already planning on having a 200lb RT lift as one of the medley items and also having an IM hub lift w/a 45lb plate on it (new handle and hub) .... Well, after getting off the phone with Adam about 30min ago, he suggested throwing in a #2 CCS into the medley so that a person could certify on Ironmind new cert trio (forgot what it's called) pretty good idea I thought, so the MMM4 will also offer now a potential certification mixed in with the contest. I'll check into the logistics of it to make sure it's allowed in a medley and let you all know for sure. Does anyone already know if Ironmind requires notification first much like their gripper and bending certs? or does there need to be an appointed IM judge? Thanks in advance

Maybe Randy can chime in if he reads this post.

SPONSORS:

Diesel Crew

Chris Rice (Climber511)

P.S. I told myself that I wasn't going to ask for sponsorship this year from anyone as it can be a lot of work and the economy isn't the greatest at the moment, but Jedd and Chris stepped up without me asking! Thanks fellas! much appreciated!

Edited by Paul Knight

From what I read on the IM forum you can just tell Randy what you're up to and it'll be legit. It's the Crushed to Dust Challenge. I believe Bob will be doing the challenge at his event as well.

From what I read on the IM forum you can just tell Randy what you're up to and it'll be legit. It's the Crushed to Dust Challenge. I believe Bob will be doing the challenge at his event as well.

Thanks Daniel

New Sponsor:

The Gripper Super Store

Will anyone want to use a different width than 54mm on the 2hp event?

I was wondering why Paul didn't ask about sponsors this year as I've sponsored his contest

the last few years.

If it's okay with you Paul I can offer a high res image (sent by e-mail) to each participant regardless

of their placement in the contest if each participant can PM me their e-mail address they want their image sent to

and let me know specifically what event they would like the picture taken.

I must know in advance so I

can construct a list that I can carry with me to the contest.

I'm experimenting with a new video camera also. I can't really promise anything here but if I get a video

of one of your events I can e-mail it also.

I will do my BEST on the pics for sure! I will be using professional camera equipment for the pics.

I hope this can be considered a contribution as a sponsor.

Paul?

I was wondering why Paul didn't ask about sponsors this year as I've sponsored his contest

the last few years.

If it's okay with you Paul I can offer a high res image (sent by e-mail) to each participant regardless

of their placement in the contestif each participant can PM me their e-mail address they want their image sent to

I'm experimenting with a new video camera also. I can't really promise anything here but if I get a video

I will do my BEST on the pics for sure! I will be using professional camera equipment for the pics.

Paul?

Joe, I would consider this a most generous contribution, especially in light of the fact it will require a great deal of much appreciated work on your part. Thank you!

I would love a pic of my heaviest pinch of the day. And I understand your new camera has a lot of special features, so perhaps a pic of my Inch clean (verb, not adjective).

the last few years.

of their placement in the contestif each participant can PM me their e-mail address they want their image sent to

Paul?

Absolutely Joe ... That is a great sponsorship gift as everyone can walk away with a prize. Thank you. However, quite a few of the competitors don't frequent the Gripboard, so we may need to mention it to everyone Sat. morning so they can get you their email. Pictures and video are always super cool.

New sponsor:

Joe Musselwhite

the last few years.

Paul?

Joe, I would consider this a most generous contribution, especially in light of the fact it will require a great deal of much appreciated work on your part. Thank you!

I would love a pic of my heaviest pinch of the day. And I understand your new camera has a lot of special features, so perhaps a pic of my Inch clean (verb, not adjective).

Consider it DONE Eric!

I already created a list and your name and event is now on that list.

the last few years.

Paul?

Absolutely Joe ... That is a great sponsorship gift as everyone can walk away with a prize. Thank you. However, quite a few of the competitors don't frequent the Gripboard, so we may need to mention it to everyone Sat. morning so they can get you their email. Pictures and video are always super cool.

New sponsor:

Joe Musselwhite

Wonderful!

I didn't think about those competing that don't frequent the board so yes, announcing this before the contest

is fine as I've already created a list for this purpose. I will just add their name and event they would like and that's it.

It will be interesting taking a picture of Eric cleaning the Inch. I can't say I've ever taken a pic of someone

cleaning an Inch before attempting the lift. I wonder what type of cleaner he uses? Ajax and and a Brillo pad maybe?

I guess we'll see!

LOL!!!

okay, I emailed Randall a couple days ago inquiring about the CTD Challenge. Everything is a "go" and he is also sponsoring now too.

New sponsor:

Ironmind

The three items - 200lb Rolling Thunder, Ironmind Hub w/45lbs, and the #2 will be part of the medley, but will be off to the side. You can lift 1 or 2 of the items and get credit for the medley, but if you plan on certing on the CTD Challenge, you will need to complete the three items back to back.

Any questions? the rules for the RT and gripper are of course the same as usual:

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Main/captainsofcrush5.html

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Main/rollingthunder.html

and as far as the hub goes, I imagine you would need to lift it "claw" style, not v-bar style and of course to full lockout. Both RT & Hub require a down signal.

<snip>....I'll let you know about my other son Shane within a week. Trying to talk my wife into

competing against Sherry. BTW, where's Sherry at? Has she mentioned competing?

I'm not competing but will be taking photographs and trying out my NEW "Bad Boy"

camcorder (Canon HFM40 Vixia) I got for Christmas. This puppy records broadcast quality

videos. Can't wait!...<snip>

Hi, Joe! I've been MIA on the board for a while but still get on here when I can. I'm definitely looking forward to the comp Saturday. We'll have to get together and decide on a comp for your wife and I to go heads up in... :)

Very nice - can't wait to see what you do with that new camera.

Good luck to all the competitors!

216lbs on my scale this morning ... I'm feeling a little weak, but if I loose another pound or so by fri. I could eat normal all day long, maybe even a little more and still make weight for Sat. I hate cutting weight, but at least I made it.

For clarification, since it's a bit late to go and change things, the 82.5 class and the 100 class, as well as the Superheavy, class will still be contested at the contest. For records purposes, however, the newly adopted weight classes will be recognized. But with that being said, I, personally, will not claim a pinch world record unless I weigh no more than 82.5k. I don't wish to have that one half kilo body weight advantage over the lifter who currently holds the world record in the 82.5 class.

For clarification, since it's a bit late to go and change things, the 82.5 class and the 100 class, as well as the Superheavy, class will still be contested at the contest. For records purposes, however, the newly adopted weight classes will be recognized. But with that being said, I, personally, will not claim a pinch world record unless I weigh no more than 82.5k. I don't wish to have that one half kilo body weight advantage over the lifter who currently holds the world record in the 82.5 class.

Mikael has made a similar decision for his contest as he chases the One Hand Pinch record - I respect both for looking at it this way. It's a shame with the timing is all - I think in the furure we can correct these kinds of things with more lead time before upcoming meets.

Mikael has made a similar decision for his contest as he chases the One Hand Pinch record - I respect both for looking at it this way. It's a shame with the timing is all - I think in the furure we can correct these kinds of things with more lead time before upcoming meets.

Thanks, Chris. I'm just very pleased with the progress being made in our sport, is all.