Paul Knight

MMM4

January 28th @ 10am

Events

#1. 2 Hands Pinch on the "Euro"

#2. Rated grippers

#3. Double Overhand Axle Deadlift

#4. Monster Medley

We will use the rounds system on loading events and will draw numbers for non-loading events

Scoring will be calculated based on the North American Gripsport Organization

http://www.gripsport.org/

More information to come ...

Count me in!

I'm looking for these numbers- 250, 195, 425

• 3 weeks later...

Rounds? Is that ok for the world lists? I think it really speed things up.

What is the world lists exactly? I hope so because the rounds system worked really well at the Ronnie Coleman Grip Challenge and IMO should be the standard, not rising bar .... rising bar sux - why would you not allow someone to go down in weight? I thought the whole idea is to see who can lift the biggest weight not who can strategize the best ... know what I mean?

I meant the top 50 records, etc.

Hey, you are preaching to the choir- I agree. I think rising bar is what makes the pinch a 3-4 hour event at most comps. Anyways, I thought it was part of the rules for the event. I would check with David Horne. If the rounds system isn't a problem it makes me happy.

Oh, also in a typical rounds system you aren't allowed to take a lower weight if you fail as well, if that is what you meant.

Paul

I'll bring down my euro, its pretty cheap to just throw it in a suit case. All I will need is the loading bar, mine is too heavy to fly with. Having three pinches running will make this one a cinch to get through all the people in a reasonable time period.

Edited by SSGGLASS

I meant the top 50 records, etc.

Hey, you are preaching to the choir- I agree. I think rising bar is what makes the pinch a 3-4 hour event at most comps. Anyways, I thought it was part of the rules for the event. I would check with David Horne. If the rounds system isn't a problem it makes me happy.

sounds good brutha, I'll check w/David. Thanks for bringing that to my attention because I wouldn't want to rob anyone from placing on the list because of a technicality.

Rounds system is allowed as long as you don't go down in weight if you fail a lift. This is for WR's in the Europinch and LGC vbar. The same most likely applies to DH's Griptopz events.

All wsh events are rising bar only, I am almost positive. The rounds system will save a ton of time in the pinch if you have a couple of loaders.

Thanks for the info also. I will be less hesitant to have pinch events in the future.

Ahh, I thought you guys were talking about grip competitions in general because the rounds system was approved when the original rules were hammered out in 2004. For the WSH series DH can of course use whatever system he wants. In other competitions the rounds system can be used though as described above. We used it in the 2006 Oz grip championship when I broke the LGC 1'' vbar total WR for example, just remember that a competitor cannot go down in weight if he fails an attempt.

All wsh events are rising bar only, I am almost positive. The rounds system will save a ton of time in the pinch if you have a couple of loaders.

Thanks for the info also. I will be less hesitant to have pinch events in the future.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Thanks Mikael.

What would some of you guys like to see in the medley .... I'm open for suggestions on that, but the other events are solid.

do you think an easy horse shoe would eat up too much time? I don't think I've seen a horse shoe in a medley yet ... probably becasue they are so damn expensive when you have to buy 20 or 30

Thanks Mikael.

What would some of you guys like to see in the medley .... I'm open for suggestions on that, but the other events are solid.

do you think an easy horse shoe would eat up too much time? I don't think I've seen a horse shoe in a medley yet ... probably becasue they are so damn expensive when you have to buy 20 or 30

The medley last year was really great

A few I would def like to see again

- Double Inch

- The Hubs

- V bars

- Various RT's & Crushers

- How about Grippers from a block or with a choker thrown on?

- Some hammers

Problem with shoes- can take a lot of time screwing around with wrapping, plus we will have a number of people who have never even seen a shoe bent. IMO best to stick with things which do not require a ton of technical skill to complete in the medley. I certainly wouldn't mind some bending, but those points would stop me from including it in a medley.

A few ones I have thrown in which people liked at my medleys

- Fat gripz DB curl 50-75 lbs bell

- Bottoms up kettlebell press 24kg or 28kg bell

- one hand thick bar DL to the knees

- Dinnie stone trainers

- finger lift with IM eagle loops

I think whatever you come up with will be cool, the more stuff you can use from the MF the better, saves you and Eric from having to haul equipment from the garage

-

• 2 months later...

Are you taking entry fees yet?

Yes he is. The fee is $40, payable at: gripcerts@gmail.com

Here's a few more details for the contest:

The date is January 28th.

There will be two weight classes contested: the 82.5 kilo and the Unlimited class. The 82.5 class will automatically be entered in the heavier division, as well. No other divisions or classes will apply.

The events are grippers with a 20 mm block, Euro pinch, Iron Mind axle, and the medley.

Medals will be awarded to the top three in both divisions.

As always, it will be at the Metroflex Gym in Ft. Worth, Texas, ya'll.

Yes he is. The fee is $40, payable at: gripcerts@gmail.com

Here's a few more details for the contest:

The date is January 28th.

There will be two weight classes contested: the 82.5 kilo and the Unlimited class. The 82.5 class will automatically be entered in the heavier division, as well. No other divisions or classes will apply.

The events are grippers with a 20 mm block, Euro pinch, Iron Mind axle, and the medley.

Medals will be awarded to the top three in both divisions.

As always, it will be at the Metroflex Gym in Ft. Worth, Texas, ya'll.

Correct - we will try weight divisions this year, but the events are the same ... only difference in the events are that we will be using the 20mm block to prove the set ... and the medley may have a few different items, but generally the same.

Competitors list so far:

#1. Me

#2. Eric Milfeld

#3. Casey Emery

#4. Kevin Emery

#5. Aaron Jacobs

#6. Zach Jacobs

I could name a dozen other probables ... post here if you will be coming and I'll add you to the list. I know Adam was gonna come but he's struggling w/an injury, so not sure. Chris Dezendorf is probably coming (btw Chris, I have a funny picture for you), but not entirly sure. Ross Love said he may come ... you get the idea ... it will be good as usual.

• 4 weeks later...

Count me in!

I'm looking for these numbers- 250, 195, 425

those numbers would beat me .... you getting anywhere close now Adam?

Adding:

#7. Greg Griffin

#8. Ryan Johnson

Okay! we are adding a 100kg weight class ... I think this will be the first official contest with the new weight class as Mikael has agreed to begin a records list for the 100kg class if I'm not mistaken. I will be shooting for this class. I've got quite a bit of fat on me these days and I'm about 6lbs heavy this morning so it should be fairly easy for me to make weight come contest time.

I'm excited about the new class and think it is good for grip. Andrew and Adam will be a force in this class ... am I forgetting anyone? they are the first that came to mind.

Registration is due by Fri. Jan 6th, entry fees after that date will be $50 instead of $40.

You can paypal your entry fee (as a gift) to gripcerts@gmail.com or mail a check or money order to:

Paul Knight

5725 Searcy Dr.

Fort Worth, TX 76131

Adding to the competitors list:

#9. Seth Johnson

I am solid right now at 217, up and down 2 lbs day to day. I have another 3% body fat I am going to cut this spring, so I do not predict I will be be over 100kg any time in 2012 or 2013.

I am solid right now at 217, up and down 2 lbs day to day. I have another 3% body fat I am going to cut this spring, so I do not predict I will be be over 100kg any time in 2012 or 2013.

Jeez ... it's amazing you are so strong at that weight. I expect to lose some strength dropping to 100kg, but that is okay ... can't win them all. It will be fun.

Adding to the competitors list:

#10. Mark Desouza

#11. Adam Glass

if we don't grip save once a year can we enter novice? HAHA i'm so in..

did some gripping today after being reminded that it's grip contest time...

hit a 12kg kettle bell with 2 chains and then 3 chains on the right hand

easy two hand plates with 35lbs left and right

wide grip pinched 3 45's for a couple reps and left it at that...

Getting excited for this good time!