Metroplex Mayhem At Metroflex (4)

Paul Knight

Well Paul just called to fire me up! lol I havent trained anything strength/grip related since April 2011.... super lame, but my goals have changed quite a bit.

I doubt very seriously if I will train at all for this but I do plan to make it up there for the day to see everyone.. have fun and get my butt handed to me :)

Ive dropped about 40lbs just since September... I wanna get down to 240lbs by April 1st. I signed up for 1/2 Ironman Race lol. Hows that for weight loss motivation.

See you guys at the end of January.

Yes I will keep track of records in the Euro pinch and possibly other events as long as they are standardised.

I would think David Horne and Nick McKinless would be formidable opponents as well.

Okay! we are adding a 100kg weight class ... I think this will be the first official contest with the new weight class as Mikael has agreed to begin a records list for the 100kg class if I'm not mistaken. I will be shooting for this class. I've got quite a bit of fat on me these days and I'm about 6lbs heavy this morning so it should be fairly easy for me to make weight come contest time.

I'm excited about the new class and think it is good for grip. Andrew and Adam will be a force in this class ... am I forgetting anyone? they are the first that came to mind.

Yes I will keep track of records in the Euro pinch and possibly other events as long as they are standardised.

I would think David Horne and Nick McKinless would be formidable opponents as well.

Okay! we are adding a 100kg weight class ... I think this will be the first official contest with the new weight class as Mikael has agreed to begin a records list for the 100kg class if I'm not mistaken. I will be shooting for this class. I've got quite a bit of fat on me these days and I'm about 6lbs heavy this morning so it should be fairly easy for me to make weight come contest time.

I'm excited about the new class and think it is good for grip. Andrew and Adam will be a force in this class ... am I forgetting anyone? they are the first that came to mind.

Ah yes, of course, Nick McKinless ... but I was thinking for some reason that David was heavier than 100kg ... is he not?

Adding to competitors list:

#12. Ross Love

No David usually weighs around 100k or somewhat above I believe. He would be able to cut down to 100k very easily.

can we have novice arm wrestling after this?! HAHA

Yes we can!! you feeling froggy? who else may be interested in a little AW so I can make sure the table is there.

Adding to Competitors list:

#13. Tommy Jennings

The Euro we will be using at the contest ... Should save a lot of time.

• Like 1

Your Euro is Awesome Paul. :rock The fiberglass rod is a cool touch. Kills my aluminum rod.

haha. Paul you're hilarious. Great video.

Your Euro is Awesome Paul. :rock The fiberglass rod is a cool touch. Kills my aluminum rod.

Thanks man. Yes I like the fiberglass because I used to have a wooden dowel rod as the bar ... and every once and awhile myself or someone would lift the Euro past the bar with out hitting it because they didn't have it close enough to begin with, but on the way down the bar would get hit and break, so when I found the fiberglass I was happy because now when it happens, it just bends a doesn't break.

Paul, what do you do when someone wants to use a different width? All that work of getting it down to 38.000k for nothing. It is a nice set up no doubt. Mine is an odd 26.20k (@64mm) which does bug me a bit.

Paul, what do you do when someone wants to use a different width? All that work of getting it down to 38.000k for nothing. It is a nice set up no doubt. Mine is an odd 26.20k (@64mm) which does bug me a bit.

We have plates that happen to weigh the same as the rubber disc we will remove. 38 kilos is the weight of the widest setting anyone has ever requested.

I am posting this video on my site. It is awesome.

Paul's rap would have been better with a fat lip of Cope or Skoagee.

Why does Eric and his pointed goatee not appear in this classic?

Jedd

That is one "pimped out" ride! :) Sweet.

:bow:laugh :laugh :laugh

I am posting this video on my site. It is awesome.

Paul's rap would have been better with a fat lip of Cope or Skoagee.

Why does Eric and his pointed goatee not appear in this classic?

Jedd

I was too busy actually training. :laugh

Paid list:

#1. Paul Knight

#2. Eric Milfeld

#3. Greg Griffin

Early registration date ends Fri Jan 6th

Paul,

You can add Cody Musselwhite and Brandon Caldwell to the competitors list.

I'll let you know about my other son Shane within a week. Trying to talk my wife into

competing against Sherry. BTW, where's Sherry at? Has she mentioned competing?

I'm not competing but will be taking photographs and trying out my NEW "Bad Boy"

camcorder (Canon HFM40 Vixia) I got for Christmas. This puppy records broadcast quality

videos. Can't wait!

I will have my NEW TNS/NS Gripper (Uncloseable) made by PythonGrip on hand for anyone wanting to give it a "No-Set" squeeze ONLY.When and if someone closes it I'll reveal the RGC calibration #.

post-14752-0-99264900-1325899411_thumb.jpost-14752-0-45470200-1325899456_thumb.jpost-14752-0-96447000-1325899496_thumb.j

Paul,

You can add Cody Musselwhite and Brandon Caldwell to the competitors list.

I'll let you know about my other son Shane within a week. Trying to talk my wife into

competing against Sherry. BTW, where's Sherry at? Has she mentioned competing?

I'm not competing but will be taking photographs and trying out my NEW "Bad Boy"

camcorder (Canon HFM40 Vixia) I got for Christmas. This puppy records broadcast quality

videos. Can't wait!

I will have my NEW TNS/NS Gripper (Uncloseable) made by PythonGrip on hand for anyone wanting to give it a "No-Set" squeeze ONLY.When and if someone closes it I'll reveal the RGC calibration #.

post-14752-0-99264900-1325899411_thumb.jpost-14752-0-45470200-1325899456_thumb.jpost-14752-0-96447000-1325899496_thumb.j

very cool ... you got the video camera I wanted to get!

Sherrie will be judging this comp, so she wont be competing.

Adding to the competitors list:

#14. Cody Musselwhite

#15. Brandon Caldwell

That gripper certainly looks uncloseable! The spring looks like brains.

Thanks Matt!

I believe it's closeable but I also believe it's at the limits of human potential for a TNS/NS

close. The spring diameter is the same as a #4 (.312"), the mounting depth is deep (.125" below flush),

combined with a narrow spread (2.400") makes this the Ultimate TNS Gripper! My opinion of course. LOL!

I actually predicted within 4 lbs. to what it would calibrate based on these specs. I was looking for a certain RGC #

and I was within 4 lbs. I don't believe it's the RGC# alone that makes this gripper "uncloseable". I believe it's the spread

combined with the RGC#. Notice I had the spread made slightly wider than credit card. Also, let's not forget that below

flush mounting makes for a sure fire way to up the RGC#'s with the same size spring diameter.

If it's ever closed I'll retire the gripper to a special place on my "Wall of Grip" along with the name and picture of the individual

who closed it. Reason? Because the gripper would not be considered "uncloseable" any longer. Best of all it would allow me

to have another gripper made for the same purposes. LOL!!!

Paid list:

#1. Paul Knight

#2. Eric Milfeld

#3. Greg Griffin

#4. Casey Emery

#5. Kevin Emery

#6. Tommy Jennings

#7. Aaron Jacobs

Eric and I changed the start time by an hour.

If you need to weigh in, you can be there as early as 9:00am

10:00am will be warmups

and the first lift will be 11:00am sharp.

That 2 hours before start time is obviously not manditory, but if you worked really hard to make weight, you will have a little bit of time to grab a bite after weigh in. The 10am warmup time is not manditory either if you don't need to warmup much, but you must notify the score keeper (Mike Brown) of your opening weight BEFORE 11:00 when we start ... If you are late, it may scratch your attempts unless your opening weight hasn't been lifted yet. We will not drop weight back down as we are trying to speed up the contest, so I recommend being there by at least 10:45am. Thanks

Adding to the competitors list:

#16. Chris Castanon

#17. Chris Dezendorf

I would like to come on as a sponsor with a bounty.

Anyone who beats Paul Knight in this comp (finishing ahead of him in the final standings) will be allowed to pick out one free DVD from my catalog and they will get it at no charge!