Kc Qualifer Ii

jad

What: KC Qualifier II: the purpose of this contest will be to provide the Midwest gripsters a chance to qualify for the National Grip Championships in July. Nationals has moved to OH this year which means it's a very makeable trip for anybody in the Midwest. This is your chance to qualify, so you're ready for Nats come July!

When: 5-14-11

Where: Scott Harris's home

6724 N. Park Ave.

Gladstone, MO 64118

Events:

MMS Grippers: 4 attempts

2HP: 4 attemts,

Axle: 4 attempts

2" Vbar: 4 attempts

Pot Luck Medley: 1 attempt/run

Homemade Wrist Developer: 4 attempts

Thickbar, 2 hand hang for time

Rules:

NAGS rules for grippers, 2HP, 2" vbar, and axle

5 min on the medley to load as much as you can

WD: toughest setting closed wins

Thickbar hang: thumbless or standard is allowed

Grippers, WD, and obviously thickbar and Medley will NOT be rising bar

2HP, 2" Vbar, and Axle may or may not depending on how many show up

Entry fee: $15.00: food will be provided AFTER the contest

Please post questions in the thread

Thanks!

Josh, Ben, and Scott

Edited by jad

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• jad

• Marc M

• IROC-Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great! :cool You guys know I'm in for this one. Better find a way to get my grippers to go NORTH again instead of SOUTH. Whose 2" vbar are we using? John Sandy has one still and I think you do Josh. We'll have to get together some calibrated grippers. I have a few that will fill the easy to hard #3 range. Will have to send a few new ones out to get them calibrated. I've got a few first-run grippers on the way to my house from overseas. So I'll get those calibrated too and they should fit in the #3 and beyond range.

Cool,

My son(17) and I will try to make this. We have mainly been training grippers and are just getting into pinch. Don't have an axle or Euro yet. Have been training on our own just by reading the boards. We train grip as part of our overall strength training.

Marc

I live in Lawrence (an hour away from the contest site) so if anyone is driving long distance and needs a resting or refueling (food) point let me know in advance and I can help out with that.

Cool,

My son(17) and I will try to make this. We have mainly been training grippers and are just getting into pinch. Don't have an axle or Euro yet. Have been training on our own just by reading the boards. We train grip as part of our overall strength training.

Marc

Marc, sounds good man! This will be a great contest to get under your belt as your first grip contest. Where do you live? See my post about being a refueling point.

Cool,

Marc

Marc, sounds good man! This will be a great contest to get under your belt as your first grip contest. Where do you live? See my post about being a refueling point.

Ben, We'll be coming from Northwest Arkansas. About 50 miles south of Joplin. Probably a little over 3 hours via Highway 71.

Looks great! :cool You guys know I'm in for this one. Better find a way to get my grippers to go NORTH again instead of SOUTH. Whose 2" vbar are we using? John Sandy has one still and I think you do Josh. We'll have to get together some calibrated grippers. I have a few that will fill the easy to hard #3 range. Will have to send a few new ones out to get them calibrated. I've got a few first-run grippers on the way to my house from overseas. So I'll get those calibrated too and they should fit in the #3 and beyond range.

Ben, I've got a 162ish #3. a 172ish #3, a 184ish 3.5 that I "calibrated" using an rgc made by Climber511. Weights are nominal as I did not have a scale at the time. I can bring these if need be. Marc

Ben, I've got a 162ish #3. a 172ish #3, a 184ish 3.5 that I "calibrated" using an rgc made by Climber511. Weights are nominal as I did not have a scale at the time. I can bring these if need be. Marc

Right on man. Can't have too many calibrated grippers! Chris made my RGC too.

really cool to see this happening. I know that zach did something like this a couple of years ago and it was fun and helped get a couple of guys qualified.

Sounds like a great contest guys! Count me in for this one. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Great to see some new faces coming to this one. All of my grippers are now calibrated thanks to Climber so we should be able to cover about all the gaps. I have a 2" vbar, an official 2HP, and an axle too.

Sounds like a great contest guys! Count me in for this one. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Excellent news Todd! Look forward to meeting you man. And I can give you back your hard #3.5 that you have been so generous to loan me for over a year now.:blush

Great to see some new faces coming to this one. All of my grippers are now calibrated thanks to Climber so we should be able to cover about all the gaps. I have a 2" vbar, an official 2HP, and an axle too.

If you have the time to list out the poundages of all the calibrated grippers you have I can see if any of mine will fill the gaps. I have a Trainer, #1, #2, Atomgripz Triple Band, 146lb #3, 154lb #3, 160lb #3, 169lb Super Elite, and a 170s T7, along with a non-calibrated but nasty hard RB300.

really cool to see this happening. I know that zach did something like this a couple of years ago and it was fun and helped get a couple of guys qualified.

We also did this a few years ago.

My Claibrated grippers are as follows:

81 - #1

109 - #2

124 - PDA

129 - RB210

132 - BBSM

146 - #3

151 - HG350

153 - BBGM

155 - #3

157 - #3

172 - RB300

179 - BBE

183 - #3.5

183 - Heavy Elite(OLD SCHOOL)

135# HG300

146.99# #3

165.6# custom FBBC with one handle at 5/8"

168.54#: chromed handled Phantom 4 dud

170# RB 300

173.8# Eaton Elite

173.54# GE narrow

177.34 RB330

182.5# 3.5

184.4 SE:

195# #4

197.59 Elite+ spring is below flush and actually grinds

202.59 Pro Narrow

212.34 GE: Chad's record gripper

227.59 RB365

I've also got maybe 3 more that aren't on this list: #3, FBBC P1, and a 200ish #4. They're calibrated but I'm too lazy to go down stairs and copy the numbers down.

Excellent selection of grippers guys! Thanks for posting those so quickly. I've got only one or two grippers that fill even little holes. Mostly the easy #3 to hard Elite range is quite well represented.

Well, I hope I can dial-in my gripper strength for the contest because today was a very solid gripper day and I almost closed Todd Coenen's hard #3.5! Missed it by a sliver.

almost closed the hard #3.5!

axfcc6.jpg

May finally close a gripper in the 180s in a contest.

Dangit! My wife just reminded me that we already have plans to be out of town with some friends the weekend of May 14. Looks like I won't be able to attend this contest after all. Sorry guys. I'm pretty bummed. :(

Ben - Congrats on almost closing that nasty #3.5. You're welcome to keep that thing for as long as you'd like. I've got a 0% chance of ever closing that beast. You should take it to the contest and let Josh have a go at it. :rock

Great attempt Ben!

That thing is toast soon. :flame

This looks great, I'm in. Will there be NAGS divisions like novice, open A, open B? And thanks for putting on this contest, now I won't have to drive 12hrs to Minnesota.

Austin

We will have divisions if we have enough participants. Without checking the rules, I thought you had to have a min of 7 for it to count. I'm unsure if that means 7 per division or 7 per contest.

edit: ok, so I just re-read the rules and it's per division, so unless we get 7 per division, there is no point in having divisions because it doesn't give you another chance to qualify. To clarify; if you finish in the top 3 in a division of 5, that doesn't count as a top 3 finish for the purpose of qualifying for Nats, which is what this contest is all about.

Edited by jad

What: KC Qualifier II: the purpose of this contest will be to provide the Midwest gripsters a chance to qualify for the National Grip Championships in July. Nationals has moved to OH this year which means it's a very makeable trip for anybody in the Midwest. This is your chance to qualify, so you're ready for Nats come July!

When: 5-14-11

Where: Scott Harris's home

6724 N. Park Ave.

Gladstone, MO 64118

Events:

MMS Grippers: 4 attempts

2HP: 4 attemts,

Axle: 4 attempts

2" Vbar: 4 attempts

Pot Luck Medley: 1 attempt/run

Homemade Wrist Developer: 4 attempts

Thickbar, 2 hand hang for time

Rules:

NAGS rules for grippers, 2HP, 2" vbar, and axle

5 min on the medley to load as much as you can

WD: toughest setting closed wins

Thickbar hang: thumbless or standard is allowed

Grippers, WD, and obviously thickbar and Medley will NOT be rising bar

2HP, 2" Vbar, and Axle may or may not depending on how many show up

Entry fee: $15.00: food will be provided AFTER the contest

Please post questions in the thread

Thanks!

Josh, Ben, and Scott

If the purpose is to allow qualifying for Nationals - have every one of the qualifying event lifts either as an event or as an item in the Medley with that weight - that would give the greatest possible chances for people.

That's a good idea. We could use that as a base and then add anything anybody brings. Train for it folks! You never know! :whistel

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Todd Coenen has just donated a brand new Elite and brand new #3 to the prize pool :mosher

Thank you for supporting our contest even though you can't make it! :bow