• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jad

• lifesnotfair

• DanCottle

• blueviper42

Not really extreme. I'm no pullup guru but I can do those and I never practice pullups. I thank rock climbing. So anybody climbing V6+ and 12a+ can probably do the same. I believe the true one arm pullup is harder or one or two finger pullups on 1/2" or less grips. Makes you put all upward energy on one arm or just the very tips of a couple fingers. Or even pulls on a flat 45 degree sloped surface. Most can't get off the ground with any of these.

That dude doing one arm weighted pullups is wicked strong.

Yeah that dude is crazy strong. I can do a single one arm pull up with each arm and have tried doing weighted negatives and my elbow joints just are not strong enough to progress

I like how he does several of them with a reverse curl grip! 99% of the OAP I've seen are done with a neutral grip/much easier

Judging by the video, that guy appears to be around 5'6", and probably around 140 lbs. So he's got a size advantage going for him.

Yep. Arsen's one-armers where he was at least 209# and probably heavier, considering it was the day after the competition, are more impressive IMO.

That's by no means the most impressive ever, not even close.

Zef (zakaveli in youtube) is way more impressive, for example:

That was sic! I think my favorite vid for that genre though is stil "Hannibal is King". That guy does look like he weighs for than Hannibal though.

zef was was pretty cool. Strong front levers. Big dude above ehh thats decent I guess. I can do 4-5 reps pullups with 100 pounds on a belt which brings my weight to above his and I dont consider that super impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG7RphbQpJE

^this guy does double bodyweight but not super good ROM at the top there

zef was was pretty cool. Strong front levers. Big dude above ehh thats decent I guess. I can do 4-5 reps pullups with 100 pounds on a belt which brings my weight to above his and I dont consider that super impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG7RphbQpJE

^this guy does double bodyweight but not super good ROM at the top there

Now that's serious pull up power

That last guy is ExtremistPullup on youtube, I've been following his videos for a couple of years now. He gets his chin to the bar but he does kick his legs a bit to get that last bit of ROM. But he starts from a true deadhang with shoulders protracted... that's insane to do with 202# of added weight.

Nice pull-ups by Rex, ROM could be better but just seeing a 290# guy doing pull-ups is cool enough!

Konstantinov has a youtube video of him doing 55 kipping pull-ups. Sure they are kipped, but the dude is like 300# and 55 is a high number even for a 200# crosfitter. It's also a good feat of grip strength at that weight IMO, as kipping PU's tax the grip more than regular ones and the duration of those 55 reps was long enough for such a heavy dude! Of course, nobody talks about this video because his DL videos are so out-of-this-world. :mosher

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks.

But i do not agree.

Not a valid comparison. Khalaji swinging straight arms. Rex pull-ups on direct hands 10 times?

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks.

But i do not agree.

Not a valid comparison. Khalaji swinging straight arms. Rex pull-ups on direct hands 10 times?

Well if you see like that, Khalaji uses momentum, and Rex does not plus he is heavier.

Well the guy I mentioned earlier, Zef, posted another couple of videos. This one is impressive, a 1 minute and 38 second set. I lost track how many muscle-ups, dips, and strict pull-ups he's doing without letting go of the bar. Notice there is virtually no kipping with the legs (very small if you wanna get picky). Crazy strength AND endurance.

And he posted another one. You can appreciate a one arm pull-up with each arm followed by a 1+ minute set. He does the strictest and smoothest "Type-writters" pull-ups I've ever seen. He keeps his head WAY above the bar while going from side to side. In this video though, the angle sucked for these, as they are better appreciated from the front. But you can still see he does two slow and controlled ones, first behind the bar and then in front of it!