700 Pound Raw Squat

The Natural

Congrats Rex. Any plans to do a powerlifting meet in the future?

Thanks Kevin! Yes, 8 days from now.

You're in striking distance of Tom Platz on the rep work, which is just sick! Best of luck in the upcoming meet. By the way, having Randy Macho Man Savage rooting you on in the background is an unfair advantage.

Edited by Tim Struse

You're in striking distance of Tom Platz on the rep work, which is just sick! Best of luck in the upcoming meet. By the way, having Randy Macho Man Savage rooting you on in the background is an unfair advantage.

That famous video I hear is actually 220kg, not 500. So if Rex managed 505x20, he'd at the very least be the first one to video it.

Congrats Rex. Any plans to do a powerlifting meet in the future?

Thanks Kevin! Yes, 8 days from now.

What meet are you doing Rex? Let us know how you do.

Awesome squat, Rex! You are the man! Keep up the hard work!

Add in some lunges and leg extensions and you'll be up over 800 in no time. Great squatting Rex, deep and full.

Brent.

laugh.gifbowdown.gif Wow. That's just really nice work, Rex.

Hardcore stuff Rex :bow you made your promise when you mentioned " Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:37 AM

Thanks guys. I plan to squat 717 in April. I've got some things I'm going to change about my training that should improve my squat dramatically. "

What have you changed about your training, if not a secret :D?Cause if you progressed so well at advanced stage of squatting we can all learn from you.One more time Congratulations and make another prediction :D:rock

Hardcore stuff Rex :bow you made your promise when you mentioned " Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:37 AM

Thanks guys. I plan to squat 717 in April. I've got some things I'm going to change about my training that should improve my squat dramatically. "

What have you changed about your training, if not a secret :D?Cause if you progressed so well at advanced stage of squatting we can all learn from you.One more time Congratulations and make another prediction :D:rock

Thank you all.

I decided to try a Bulgarian squat routine, which involves squatting nine times per week. It was tough but it paid off. About the only practical thing I can say for others wanting to improve the squat is that you can squat far more than you think you can, if you build in appropriate deloads and push yourself. Your legs will adapt. It's adapting your mind that is the challenge. As a personal challenge, work up to 60 percent of your best max every morning, for a single, and then after a month work up to 70 percent of it. Then after a month of that, work up to a triple with 70 percent every morning. Your weekly tonnage of squatting will go way up but you won't even feel sore or run down. It makes your heavier squat sessions in the afternoon go much better and it will help your grip too.

My next prediction: 750.