700 Pound Raw Squat

The Natural

Did this today in training, followed by some heavy singles. It felt good. I'll get the video link posted once it's up on Iron Scene.

Did this today in training, followed by some heavy singles. It felt good. I'll get the video link posted once it's up on Iron Scene.

Excellent work Rex! You are a monster man. I will go on record as saying that your depth sucked though, just to keep you on your toes. Were you wearing Vibrams? You ought to because I heard from some gripdudes that they werk real good like.

:mosher

Excellent work Rex! You are a monster man. I will go on record as saying that your depth sucked though, just to keep you on your toes. Were you wearing Vibrams? You ought to because I heard from some gripdudes that they werk real good like.

Vibrams are awesome. :mosher

Also Rex, 700 raw...wimp! :yikes:mosher:mosher

well first of all, Rex that is just awesome...especially when i too PR'd on a squat and i'm not going to mention how much because it's not good at all compared to 700 :blush.

As for the vibrams...i just got my KSOs saturday and i squatted with them for the fist time today...let me just say that it has so much grip that you feel like you can climb walls with them. The stability is incredible too.

Ben is ribbing on me because elsewhere I've made fun of Vibrams. A friend agreed with me and said something like "Yeah, Vibrams are so gay that in comparison Clint Eastwood would be wearing crocks." Ben and I have been getting a good laugh out of that. For what it's worth, I sometimes wear shoes that are probably equally gay, and what is perhaps the gayest of all, I own over 20 pairs of shoes.

[Wow, Rex. I think you beat me on shoe count. lol] Amazing raw squat! Waiting on the vid... ;)

Ben is ribbing on me because elsewhere I've made fun of Vibrams. A friend agreed with me and said something like "Yeah, Vibrams are so gay that in comparison Clint Eastwood would be wearing crocks." Ben and I have been getting a good laugh out of that. For what it's worth, I sometimes wear shoes that are probably equally gay, and what is perhaps the gayest of all, I own over 20 pairs of shoes.

Ahhh sh#$%... :blush

Nice squatting Rex - I set a PR squat today as well but it's not worth mentioning after that :blink

The hard part is keeping up your training once your married with kids. You know Rex twins are common among gripsters.

Rico

Here's a no-no-no squat I did this past Friday. Vid is mis-labeled. It's 635.

http://www.ironscene.com/videos/4077

Nice and deep - I like the fact that even as the weight goes up - you don't cut them short!

Nice squating there Rex, freakin heavy !

That was enormous! Huge congrats, Rex! smile.gif

That was almost ATG! The scary part is that it looked easy for you!!!!!!!!! :whacked

Congratulations, Rex. Very nice accomplishment.