Pinch Grip

simonevincenzi

IMHO, a 45lb. plate curl and pinching two 45's is a greater feat of strength than closing a #3. Why? Because no where near a hundred people can perform a 45lb. plate curl or pinch two 45's. You could probably count the number on two hands, if that. Pinching two 35's probably ranks closer to closing a #3.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roark

• bseedot

• The Mac

• simonevincenzi

Top Posters In This Topic

I think pinching 45's more impressive, but close to a good #3. Plate curling a 45, close, maybe more impressive than a #4.

I think pinching 45's more impressive, but close to a good #3. Plate curling a 45, close, maybe more impressive than a #4.

I agree with Heath.

To get a feel for a 45 lb plate curl, try it with both hands

touching each other, right in front of you.

I can, without danger of having this thread locked, mention that I can plate curl a 25, but cannot even hint

at plate wrist curling it. So, has anyone plate wrist curled

a 45?

When you say plate curl you intend a curl with a plate instead of a dumbell and when you say plate wrist curl you intend when you put your wrist on a knee and you move the hand up an down with your palm facing up. Is it right?

I don't understand when the the thread has to be locked (I'm a new member). :blink

Thanks

Simone

Yes, your definitions are correct, though the plate wrist curl could be over a bench.

And the plate curl, the hardest way, would be palm up as well (not hammer style).

See Rules of the Grip Board at top of main page, rule #5, for locking causes, but in a nutshell it is making world class claims without photo/video.

Thaks Roark

I can plate wrist curl a 25 for some reps (I avoid a complete movement because it is dangerous for tendons and ligaments), but plate wrist curling a 45 puts too much stress on your finger and on your wrist, so I think this could be one of the most impressive feats of grip (wrist, finger) strength.

Simone

Chris,

I cannot speak from experience on plate curling a 45 in

hammer style- wish I could.

But using a 25 is easier for me hammer than in palms up-

but I am probably misleading here because when I use

hammer style I pinch the rim rather than use straight

fingers, so is that what you mean- using straight fingers

as in palm up? Never tried it that way- which is probably

the proper way :(

Yes, I did mean that - this would make it much more of a strange-angle pinch as well as a wrist strength feat.

Edited by The Mac

Roark - Nick MacKindless posted some time ago that a proper plate WRIST curl with a 45 has NOT yet been done. It may have been achieved since his post, but if it has it would have been done by someone you could name in less than three guesses.

Mike M.

Edited by supersqueeze