Deadlift Race 650

tselegala

I'm gonna go nuts here and try to hit 650 this year. I did 550 a few months ago and wondered if anybody felt racing me to it. Increasing 100lbs on my deadlift in a year may be excessive but maybe not, i increased my deadlift by 50 lbs recently in only a few weeks...so i need to try! The race to 550 helped me alot because of the competition. As for the rules...well that depends on the general concensus...i think a belt should be allowed but no suits. Straps? i dont know or care really, were not grip training here but i dont know...

Any takers? :whistel

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tselegala

• The Hack

• The Natural

• bcpower66

Good luck!

For what it is worth, it took me much longer to get to 600 then it did for me to get to 700.

Keep it raw like the last race

Rico

Ok good to know Rick, but the race to 550 is too close to 600. It would have limited the number of competitors too much if I had made a race to 600. This way, competitors that have reached 600 may participate as well. But then again, maybe there is no one out there aiming for 650 or 600, but I had to try. These race threads are a very useful tool for motivation.

Rico, i dont really mind if it's raw. I find it harder with the straps anyway, they dig in and hurt the wrists and that breaks my focus ;) . I like the belt though...but again that depends on what the other participant want as well...if there are any.

Holy crap that is technically perfect. Damn good thoracic flexibility...

To give you all some inspiration, here's a friend of mine at 170 pounds bodyweight pulling 600 for a double, conventional style.

http://www.ironscene.com/videos/3678

I weigh 100 lbs more!! Now i feel a sudden sense of urgency. Almost ashamed...This is good, very good. Monday i start dead lifting again. Hell i feel like dead lifting now. :yikes

To give you all some inspiration, here's a friend of mine at 170 pounds bodyweight pulling 600 for a double, conventional style.

I just realized that this guy is lifting 3 and half times his bodyweight TWICE! serious strength right there!

I just realized that this guy is lifting 3 and half times his bodyweight TWICE! serious strength right there!

As impressive as he is, being one of the top lightweights in the country, he can only squat 465 raw for a triple, and so pales in comparison to Joe Kinney, a man who weighs about the same and can do 440 for 10, six times in a day.

Edited by The Natural

As impressive as he is, being one of the top lightweights in the country, he can only squat 465 raw for a triple, and so pales in comparison to Joe Kinney, a man who weighs about the same and can do 440 for 10, six times in a day.

........on an empty stomach.

Rex,

Your just jealous because you can't squat 440x60. :rolleyes Start squating in denim overalls and put a rack on the way to your bathroom! You'll get there. :yikes

Guys...please keep this in the Joe Kinney claims thread. That topic is like a virus, like the gorilla with a hand gripper thread.

I am in,

personal best 573

excellent! so what do you think, what equipment should be used , i think belt only. A video would be a good thing if the race is won.

Ok then, with time more people will jump in. I think Adam T.Glass is going for 650, so if he want race it will be great.

To me it is not important if someone is using equipment, i will go beltless.

Edited by The Hack

Well my dead max has not decreased despite the lay off...i tried it yesterday and 550 felt the same..i even tried a double but didn't make it. Next week, it goes up.

think i need to put my hat in this..i pulled 655 a few weeks back but since then got hurt..so hoping for 625 tomorrow and see if i can still handle the goods!

Welcome! You have a huge head start but that doesn't matter to me. There are no medals to be won we are here to motivate each other right? At that level you must have you're technique down pretty well. Could you give me hand with mine? This is a link to a recent lift..

http://www.youtube.com/user/goodtimes616#p/a/u/0/EmZP6JONl10

thanks

Well my dead max has not decreased despite the lay off...i tried it yesterday and 550 felt the same..i even tried a double but didn't make it. Next week, it goes up.

It's a good boost for starting new cycle when you know that you didn't lose any strength.

Usually i don't look so much in dl form (while i am opsessed with olympic squat form and bringing it in perfection), your is not one of nicest i saw,and it is more strongman deadlift then pl, but when you lift stones back arche in similar way.

It's a good boost for starting new cycle when you know that you didn't lose any strength.

Usually i don't look so much in dl form (while i am opsessed with olympic squat form and bringing it in perfection), your is not one of nicest i saw,and it is more strongman deadlift then pl, but when you lift stones back arche in similar way.

So the back arches too much...yeah i thought so too. This means i should maybe go for a wider stance, otherwise i may have lean over too much to grab the bar.

I am not a big fan of extremely wide sumo stance but something normal sumo,maybe.But that was not what i wanted to say, i wanted to encourage you to keep on that way.Oldtimestrongmans were lifting with arched backs because they believed and found that rocks and other similar objects are lifted in that manner(back arched) and for them it was unnatural to lift with straight back,even barbells...

So the back arches too much...yeah i thought so too. This means i should maybe go for a wider stance, otherwise i may have lean over too much to grab the bar.

I can't access the vid at the moment, but lot's of guys lift with an arched back in the middle-upper back area. I don't have that flexibility, but I think it's an advantage. If you can build that kind of strength and flexibility, go for it. If the lower back is rounding too much, that is never good.

Brent C.

I can't access the vid at the moment, but lot's of guys lift with an arched back in the middle-upper back area. I don't have that flexibility, but I think it's an advantage. If you can build that kind of strength and flexibility, go for it. If the lower back is rounding too much, that is never good.

Brent C.

Yeah, it's the upper back...Ok then all is cool...

After squat and press, worked in deadlift until 420+180lb of chains, at top was 600.

Due to oly squats and my constitution,I am much stronger in first part so i believe that chains will soon bring new pb.

I can't fix chains the way they should be,because standard bar is shorter, and at least half of their weight were from begining on bar, nevertheless speed was very good.. i also pulled while warming up,PB in double overhand of 420.