Training For The Coc#3

MrAmerica

that´s right, in my bodybuilding routine I be geared to Mike Mentzers Heavy Duty training (ok I do more then one set but no more then 2 hard ones) but when I see a gripper - I had the wish or the drive to close it ;) - you know

but I should wait longer between the gripper trainings, I know - rest > to much training

greets

mrA

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrAmerica

• Joefrey

• Forever

• Malice

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it. After two years of constantly fiddling with grippers almost every day I came to the conclusion that

rest does a lot of good....And yes, I also hate it when a gripper just hangs over there on a wall and smiles at me and saying

funny things about me.... :angry: I then feel the need to mash it. :flame Over and over again. And again. And then again :tongue

I had the same when training for more pullups. I made myself a beautiful injury because of my enthusiasm. :help .....

Tell me about it.

the best is you buy the books from him, I have all three "Heavy Duty" "Heavy Duty Journal" and "High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way"

short: he train each muscle one time a week or sometimes with much longer rest, he makes one hard set and almost one exercice for each muscle and he get the hell out of his muscles with this "short" but very hard / heavy training

Arnold said, that he saw many people at training but the way mentzer do was nearly self distruciton (I say this with my own words because I don´t know the real words in english sry)

I hope this helps - but you find a lot of infos about him in the internet :)

my next gripper training is on monday ;)

greets

mrA

:blush Oh, I'm sorry! With 'tell me about it' I meant 'I know what you mean' when you just want to pick up a gripper when you walk by, haha!' But thank you for the reply! I'm familiar with MM's HIT training etc. I saw HIT training on youtube with Mike Mentzer and read about his trainingregimen.

yesterday:

warmup, until night work without eating much ...

CoC#3 ccs 1st try failed

CoC#3 2nd try short after ccs try failed

CoC#3 3rd try closed and very very long hold - the longest ever until now

CoC#3 4th try failed

CoC#2,5 ccs overcrush 1st try closed

CoC#2,5 ccs overcrush 2nd try closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush 1st try closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush 2nd try closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush 3rd try closed

CoC#2 overcrush many overcrush closes - very long hold

CoC#1 many reps and long hold after last rep

cooldown

until 12 hours during Bodybuilding routine

CoC#3 closed (put not long hold - it was very hard)

CoC#3 failed

CoC#3 failed

next trainings:

now rest until saturday - then CoC training - then rest about 10 days - then very hard CoC training - then 2 weeks no training (no bodybuilding no grippers only reg and rest)

greets mrA

Good work brother! I like to see that when you close it you hold it as long as you can. That makes a big difference in my experience. Keep up the hard work :rock

Good work brother! I like to see that when you close it you hold it as long as you can. That makes a big difference in my experience. Keep up the hard work :rock

thx you, nice to hear so I go on like this, keep up brother, stay hardcore !

yesterday:

warmup, until night work without eating much ...

CoC#3 ccs 1st try failed

CoC#3 2nd try short after ccs try failed

CoC#3 3rd try closed and very very long hold - the longest ever until now

CoC#3 4th try failed

CoC#2,5 ccs overcrush 1st try closed

CoC#2,5 ccs overcrush 2nd try closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush 1st try closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush 2nd try closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush 3rd try closed

CoC#2 overcrush many overcrush closes - very long hold

CoC#1 many reps and long hold after last rep

cooldown

until 12 hours during Bodybuilding routine

CoC#3 closed (put not long hold - it was very hard)

CoC#3 failed

CoC#3 failed

next trainings:

now rest until saturday - then CoC training - then rest about 10 days - then very hard CoC training - then 2 weeks no training (no bodybuilding no grippers only reg and rest)

greets mrA

Glad to see you held that #3 and keep going after that CCS with it ;)

Yes the only "problem" maybe is that if I hold the CoC#3 very long all try´s after this failed because my power is gone then, but I think this is the price for the long hold :D .

greets from austria mrA

Edited by MrAmerica

Today:

warmup

CoC#3 1st try closed very long hold (even longer then the last hold training)

CoC#3 2nd try ccs failed

CoC#3 my old heavy one because little rusty :D failed

CoC#3 4th try failed

fazit: the long hold in the first rep costs a lot of power so I can´t do more reps ... but I´m happy because @Malice told me that the long holds give him a good experiance so I do that now every training!

CoC#2,5 overcrush closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush closed

CoC#2,5 overcrush closed

CoC#2 overcrush closed

CoC#2 overcrush closed

CoC#1 many reps + cooldown

NEXT GOAL:

the next training in one and a half week - goal close my old rusty gripper ! and then "normal" gripper training!

after this I take 2 weeks break without gripper training and 1 week bodybuilding training break!

greets mrA

• 2 weeks later...

NEXT GOAL:

the next training in one and a half week - goal close my old rusty gripper ! and then "normal" gripper training!

after this I take 2 weeks break without gripper training and 1 week bodybuilding training break!

greets mrA

GOAL REACHED !!!!! today I close the rusty gripper CoC#3 - this one I never crushed before - because this one is much heavier then my new CoC#3 (the new one are in my living room so they don´t get rusty :D ) the old one is in my gym !!! I´m happy about it. After this I do some try´s on the CoC#3 but nothing more today!!!!

I make the other gripper training in 2 or three days - after this 2 weeks break for rest!

greets mrA

NEXT GOAL:

greets mrA

GOAL REACHED !!!!! today I close the rusty gripper CoC#3 - this one I never crushed before - because this one is much heavier then my new CoC#3 (the new one are in my living room so they don´t get rusty :D ) the old one is in my gym !!! I´m happy about it. After this I do some try´s on the CoC#3 but nothing more today!!!!

I make the other gripper training in 2 or three days - after this 2 weeks break for rest!

greets mrA

Good job on the PR!

NEXT GOAL:

greets mrA

greets mrA

Nice to hear you closed your hard #3 :rock keep going

@Malice @Big T

thx you, it´s amazing how everybody motivate everybody else :) this community is very good and I fell appendant to the other gripper and strongsport athletes!!!!

greets mrA

Very good! And now? CCS or MM progress?

I want to make CCS training and do the cert... but I think it´s a long way ... it´s one thing to close the coc#3 and a other to do this with ccs :yikes ... but I have time and so I go on and on and never give up !!!!

MM = Mash Monster? I don´t know this kind of grippers? and never try such one but it make me curious ^^ ... I want to crush everithing near me ;)

Update:

Today I do CoC#3 during bodybuilding routine, but 2 day´s after my PR it´s to much... so I do some try´s ... then some try´s with the 3.5 CoC to shock my forearm and some overcrushes and crushes with 2.5, 2, and 1 then little bit woody gripper and cooldown. Now rest for 2 weeks - no gripper training - only this week bodybuilding routine - next week nothing no gripper no bodybuilding training ... and then with full power ccs training.

greets mrA

Edited by MrAmerica

MM=Mash Monster but it's relating to the set in your hand not the gripper itself. Mash Monster Set (MMS) is basically parallel set. I've found that closing a bigger gripper with a MMS translates well to closing a lower gripper with a credit card set.

@Malice thx you

which mash monster gripper is matchable with the coc 3?

None, they're all stronger than an average #3.

@Malice thx you

which mash monster gripper is matchable with the coc 3?

None, they're all stronger than an average #3.

ok, all MM (from 1 to 7) are stronger then the #3 , so like 3,5 maybe the easierst one of them?

the hardest of them is the 1 or the 7? thx you

Edited by MrAmerica

They range from MM1-MM7 with MM1 being the easiest. I haven't squeezed the actual MM1 yet but it's probably between 3 and 3.5.

They range from MM1-MM7 with MM1 being the easiest. I haven't squeezed the actual MM1 yet but it's probably between 3 and 3.5.

thx this themes to be very heavy I mean if MM1 is like between 3 and 3,5 and then comes 2 to 7 :online omg !!!

greets

thx this themes to be very heavy I mean if MM1 is like between 3 and 3,5 and then comes 2 to 7 :online omg !!!

greets

You'll be near that MM1 in no time

You'll be near that MM1 in no time

I don´t can understand this? Do you mean I´m near the MM1 in short time when I can close the CoC#3 or far away? Sorry my english is ok but this I don´t understand.

thx

mrA