National Championship Results

Jedd Johnson

Mike, great writeup and congrats on all the big contest PRs man! Sounds like you did a wonderful job. Beating the Bastard afterwards is just icing on the grip cake.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• bencrush

• Hubgeezer

• Magnus

Congratulations to Andrew on the win, Jedd for the US 2HP record and for Mike C winning the Diesel award-I was impressed by his effort.

The cool head and overall performance of Frank belied his age. I would have expected him to overreach and bomb at least one event, but it appeared that he planned well.

Jedd, the live stream was a great idea, I really enjoyed it, thanks. :rock I had to go to work and missed some of the medley and feats.

outstanding performance for a toddler.

LOL :laugh

he's the shape of one though - wider than he is tall ! :rock

Yea look who's talking, ironmind described you as "stout" ;)

Rico

haha yeah rico i am 5'8'' though! Best build to have - just move 3'' or so and it's a full squat ! :laugh

Just tell me you've a flat head to rest me pint on! :D;)

Athlete.................Points............Placing

Andrew Durniat.....47.9867935.....1

Jedd Johnson........47.2273675.....2

Dave Thorton.......45.11916427....3

John Eaton ...........41.1196403.....4

Brent Barbe.........39.81692088....5

Frank Snyder.......38.15500701....6

Chris Rice............38.06605857....7

Mike Rinderler......36.91161971....8

Mike Corlett.........31.2729864......9

Zach Coulter........29.33211704....10

Robert Alva..........25.93161859....11

Andrew took the title. GGC was very close this year between each position.

Mike Corlett took the Diesel Award.

I got a new US record in the Two Hands Pinch with 249.044 lbs. I tried 255.219 lbs for a new world record, but missed by a few inches.

Right now we are relaxing, eating, drinking some beers, and planning some feats of strength.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in to the live stream.

Thanks,

-Jedd-

So who brought the Kool-Aid for Frank to drink? :laugh

Awesome stuff Jedd, congrats on the record, congrats to Andrew for the title and congrats to all the other competitors as well, especially Zach with his recovering knee. Sounds like it was an awesome time.

Edited by SND85

Right now we are relaxing, eating, drinking some beers, and planning some feats of strength.
So who brought the Kool-Aid for Frank to drink? :laugh
He's 18! That's legal, isn't it? :dry

Thanks for the props, guys :rock :rock :rock Had an awesome time yesterday. I didn't realize that many people were watching live :laugh

Grippers - If I didn't do anything else, I at least wanted to place top 3 in grippers, so I was pretty stoked to tie for 1st :D Killed the 174lb Elite that stopped me last time, and then for my last attempt nailed the 182lb #3.5, which felt really good.

2hp - This event was awesome. Jedd barely missed breaking the WR. Dang close. It will easily go down before next year. I was able to add 19lb to my 2hp since the qualifier on the 29th, and wound up with a best of 203lb. Mike improved his 2hp by 21lb!

Axle - Another good one for me. I ended up tying Dave for 2nd with my 384 pull. Almost got 404, but it popped out of my right hand just after I got it past my knees (I think). Andy pulled something stupid-high. Don't remember exactly what it was. Around 460-something.

Weaver Stick - This was my Achilles heal. Not much to say here except I'm downright weak at it. Rinderle really surprised me with this one. I bombed out at like 7lb and some odd ounces. He got over 11.

Medley - This one was fun. I believe I got 16 items. Watching Andy and Jedd go threw there was like the clash of the titans. I don't remember who won - Jedd got the stretchy pinch thing and Andy got something else - think it was the pronation lever

Highlights for me were:

*Tying Andrew for 1st in grippers*

2hp PR (203)

Axle PR (384, almost 404)

Hubbing the Sloped York 45s

Best attempt yet on the Inch

A lot of airtime on the blob.

Sound like a great national championships! Congrats to all!

Is there a list of all the Euro Pinch lifts performed?

Congratulations to Andrew on his win and to Jedd for the 2HP record! Tight scores, especially between Andrew/Jedd and Frank/Chris - speaks to an exciting competition. Btw, what is the Diesel Award? (Congrats, Mike!) I can't open the website to check there....

Frank! :rock

Can't wait to see some video... :)

Congrats, guys! Very impressive lifting :bow

Is there a list of all the Euro Pinch lifts performed?

I will get it up. Thanks for keeping that list Eric.

Congrats to all, wish I could have been there to get stomped!

Congrats to everyone, sounds like it was a great time. I really need to get up there one day !!!