John Eaton ...........41.1196403.....4

Brent Barbe.........39.81692088....5

Frank Snyder.......38.15500701....6

Chris Rice............38.06605857....7

Mike Rinderler......36.91161971....8

Mike Corlett.........31.2729864......9

Zach Coulter........29.33211704....10

Robert Alva..........25.93161859....11

Andrew took the title. GGC was very close this year between each position.

Mike Corlett took the Diesel Award.

I got a new US record in the Two Hands Pinch with 249.044 lbs. I tried 255.219 lbs for a new world record, but missed by a few inches.

Right now we are relaxing, eating, drinking some beers, and planning some feats of strength.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in to the live stream.

Thanks,

-Jedd-

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• bencrush

• Hubgeezer

• Magnus

He did not come to the National comp this year.

Congrats guys! Way to go John! It will be interesting to see the individual event results to see just how close some of the placings were.

Great to hear the comp was a grand success. Super job on setting a new U.S. record and knocking on the door of the world record 2 hand pinch. :rock

I just got home from the contest. What an incredible time! Thanks to Jedd, his family, and everyone who made it possible.

What a strong field! I set a contest PR in every event and still got 8th place.

I'm sure there will be a great write up by everyone tomorrow, but this is what my exhausted brain remembers...

Grippers:

Andrew and Frank tied for first in this event with a close of around 182. Jedd, Dave and Eaton were the next three (don't remember what order. I improved upon my showing of 3 weeks ago by quite a bit. Closed the 166#BBE on my final attempt.

2HP:

This was all Jedd. Crazy! Increased his US record and came within an inch or so of setting a new world record at 255 and change. Dave Eaton and Chris were all strong here. I improved on my performance of 3 weeks ago by 20lbs. Got 193# on my final lift.

Axle DL:

If the 2HP belonged to Jedd, this one was all Andrews. He hit 455 very easy and went for a new record of 475, but lost it just passed his knees.

Frank did really well here. Just missing on his final attempt of 405 or so. Eaton, Dave, Jedd, Chris and Brent were strong here as well. I was pathetic with my gimpy back and bad form, but I was able to pull 313, which was a new PR for me. Note to self... work thickbar.

Weaver Stick.

Very close. I believe Andrew won this with a lift of 13.5# plus the loading pin. Eaton and Jedd got 13 I think and Dave and Chris got 12.5 I think. I was pumped as heck to get 11 plus the pin. Very humbling lift.

Medley. Lots of stuff picked up, loaded, torn, bent. Andrew and Jedd tied I think on this one. If not they were within 1 or 2 things of each other. I think they both had 27 or 28 items. Everyone did really well here. I got 13 items. Should have had 14 items, but I was so astonished I lifted one of the thick handled dumbells I struggled with last time that I forgot to load it on table. :blush I pulled it about a foot higher than the platform, then just set it down. Then I couldn't get it again. All in all though, I was pretty dang happy with 13.

There were feats going on afterwards, like Andrew juggling a 95# kettlebell like it was a 20 pounder, but the highlight for me was right after the contest Brent Barbe and I both certed on an FBBC bastard. Brent killed his easy. I struggled for a minute or more. Got some coaching from Jedd, Zach, and Dave and then killed it to 1 1/2" pretty quickly after that. Before this I had only been able to wobble one. What a rush. Anyway, that's about all I can remember at this point. I am sure there will be more details and better write ups to follow. What a great time and a great group of guys! :rock

What a blast, great job everyone!

Rico

Looks like it was a great time. I was actually rooting for, who seems to be my long lost brother, Robert Alva :D . Congrats Robert and Congrats every one!!!!! :)

and Congrats on your US Two Hands Pinch Record Jedd :rock:rock

Great job, welldone to all - congrats Andrew for the win, and Jedd for a new US record! Great stuff :rock

Mike (Bullitt) just read through your writeup massive improvements over last time keep at it big guy. Once you get the back sorted the axle won't be a problem!!

Mike (hubgeezer) great stuff as always!

WOW, Andrew keeps getting better and better! Someone to finally challenge The Chad? I don't think anybody saw him winning the Weaver stick.

Congrats to Andrew for the win and to Jedd for an impressive new pinch record. :rock

I had some fun watching Eaton on the cam! :D

The comments I heard the most yesterday were all along this line:

What got into Frank?

Jesus, I didn't think I'd have to worry about Frank.

Man, I guess we didn't see the real Frank 3 weeks ago.

Up until the weaver stick, Frank was in the running for a top 3 finish. He really brought his A-game. Tied for first in grippers, did well in pinch and got 2nd on the axle. The weaver stick killed him. Once Frank brings up his wrist strength to match his grip strength, look out. The guy is only 18 and could be winning these contests for a long, long time!

The most heard comment from the crowd was, why does that guy (Zach) not wear any shoes? :D Zach did a great job just competing yesterday. He is still recovering from knee surgery. Pretty amazing that he did half the stuff he did.

It was really great meeting everybody that I only knew from the board. Hub, Chris, Robert, Dave, Andrew, and Zach. I can't wait for Gripmas!

Great work everyone! :rock

Congrats Andrew on the win! ... Congrats Jedd on the new 2HP record .... the WR will be your any day now! :rock

Damn Frank ... you tied Andrew on grippers?!?! :blink

Congrats to all ..