Pressing The Inch

CoC#3

Nice work Sam :rock I may have to give that a try :)

Thanks John - go for it i'm sure you'll get it overhead!! :rock

great lift sam that things a monster

This is an inch replica made by the Holle Brothers.

That looked easy for ya mate! Awesome stuff! :rock

Cheers Mike!

great lift sam that things a monster

Cheers big fella, haven't heard much from you in a while! Are you and your son still training hard? Any progress on the inch?

Great lift, Sam! That's an awesome feat of strength right there, bro! :rock

Now that looked easy!

Well done Sam. :rock

Guest Bullitt
Is Sam the youngest to do this?

Great question Twig! Anybody know? I've not heard of anyone younger, unless Eaton did it back in grade school. :D

Thanks all :rock

Twig, i know of another 20 year old from Scotland who has performed this feat. I came very close to getting the inch overhead aged 18 - but could never quite lock it out.

Chris, of course - i'm a long way off from strict pressing 78kg like how Glenn Ross did it at the arnolds 2005!!

Awesome display of strength! Congrats! :rock

Thank you ! With your RT ability i'm willing to bet you would be able to deadlift my inch replica easily.

Thank you ! With your RT ability i'm willing to bet you would be able to deadlift my inch replica easily.

That's a lot of push! Whatever happened to the Holle bros?

Nice lift and great power, sam

Rico

I've never tried an Inch. I'm really hoping to get the opportunity in the very near future! :D

BTW - How long did it take you to get a full dl with it, and how would you say it compares to the RT?

Oldguy, Last i heard Nathan Holle is still training with grippers, and that's he's closing a certain big gripper for reps. If i go into any more detail there is a chance this thread might get locked ha ha ;) Not sure about his brothers. They made some good inch replicas a while ago and as far as i know they will still make you any dumbell to the specs, weight etc.. that you want.

Rico, thanks mate.

IROC, i can't deadlift the inch without using a silly amount of tilt. Tilting makes it easier because you can brace the back bell against the lower part of the forearm/wrist, reducing the rotation slightly. For reference my best ever RT is 225lbs on a used handle. The RT is a good tool for training on but it's rotation is nothing compared to the spin of the inch when it tries to rotate out of your hand.

Thanks mate.

My best overhead presses on a 2'' axle (i rarely press with an oly bar) are 110kg with no leg drive (strict) and 135kg with a push press.

With the standard here in the UK at the moment it's unlikely. I'm no where near strong enough! Strongman has really come a long way in the last 5 years. A few years ago on farmers walks for example they were using 275/hand for speed in the british finals now i have seen novice comps with the same weight!