All The Ways To Train On A Gripper

DannyGrip

One thing i've been wondering about overcrushes is if it matters how hard the gripper is. I've been doing all my overcrushes on my #1 since it's filed and i prefer not to file down another gripper. So would it make any difference overcrushing an #2 compared to #1? The way i do it is just squeezing it all i got for 8-10 seconds and then release so should it really matter how hard the gripper is when im always giving it my max?

As long as you're giving it your MAX then it should be fine. But can you overcrush your #2? I think that would be better for the 8-10 seconds. Have you tried Negatives w/ a gripper you can't close? They are great and will also tax your gripping muscles.

I can at least hold my #2 shut for 12+ seconds. So an overcrush should be doable.

Negatives i do every workout, usually with #3.

Well then, you're right on the money! Start off w/ Negatives on your #3, then do Overcrushes w/ your #2, then maybe at the end you might want to do a few full-range reps w/ something lower to cool down.

I been doing only Negatives & Overcrushes and finally able to close my #2.5.

Can't wait until the #3 is shut as well! :rock