100x100kg (100x220 Pounds) In The Squat

burkhardmacht

anyone wanna race to 225 x 50?

You're on.

You're on.

Just curious, are either of you guys somewhat close to this? I've found that these races people do online tend to fizzle out if the goal is not obtainable within a couple of months.

-Rex

I can't count the "tough guys" over the years who have laughed at my little 100# squat routine - right up to where they actually tried it :) This is one that can be done without much training (assuming you train squats at all) - all it takes is making up your mind and then not changing it.

I tried 100x100 last saturday, I was super sore 4 days straight. It was definitely one of the hardest things Iv'e done strength training wise. It really is a great mental excercise, I went pretty much non-stop for the first 50 then I just had to grind them out :blink I can't wait to try them a again, and I've already convinced one of my friends to do it. :rock

You're on.

Just curious, are either of you guys somewhat close to this? I've found that these races people do online tend to fizzle out if the goal is not obtainable within a couple of months.

-Rex

i think i can get about 30 right now, I think if i can adjust my technique a little i can do it in a month, as far as equip go, can we say belt only?

Edited by TKtheGreek

I'm sure I could get 30 right now as well, if not more. I know my body is strong enough to complete 50 reps, as is Teddy's. Its just a matter of who pulls it together mentally first.

How about just starting with 100 x empty bar, then adding 5lbs every workout?

Seems like it would be attainable in a few months, with steady progression in weight. Your legs would get used to doing high reps and the weight increase is nice and easy. It should be attainable after a few months and is a simple program to follow.

It seems like starting at 100lbs or whatever would be asking for sore legs and you'd likely stall out quicker. Starting at a low weight would get yourself acclimated to the reps and you should be able to blast through 100, 135, etc without too much soreness. That's what I'd do, at least. I would just be careful about getting impatient and starting out with a weight that is too close to maxing myself out and causing a stall, or excessive soreness and hurting recovery. Best to just build up slowly and get the body used to it.

How about just starting with 100 x empty bar, then adding 5lbs every workout?

Seems like it would be attainable in a few months, with steady progression in weight. Your legs would get used to doing high reps and the weight increase is nice and easy. It should be attainable after a few months and is a simple program to follow.

It seems like starting at 100lbs or whatever would be asking for sore legs and you'd likely stall out quicker. Starting at a low weight would get yourself acclimated to the reps and you should be able to blast through 100, 135, etc without too much soreness. That's what I'd do, at least. I would just be careful about getting impatient and starting out with a weight that is too close to maxing myself out and causing a stall, or excessive soreness and hurting recovery. Best to just build up slowly and get the body used to it.

I thought about this at first and set about preparing my body by doing 100 BW squats everyday. Then I started doing them every other day, then it became 2-3x's a week, then I stopped. I got up to 100 reps holding a 50lb blob, but my knees took a beating. It turns out, several hundred weighted reps a week didn't do so hot. So I decided to try and do 100 reps per workout once a week and decrease the # of sets every week as posted near the top of this thread. I wasn't gaining any strength and it got soul-crushingly dull thinking of the distance from 45lbs to 185(now 195lbs). I still think it would work to do 1 100 rep set per workout once or twice a week while slowly increasing the weight, but I have too short of an attention span for that.

I view this as a test more so than a "workout". A constant diet of 100 rep squats I think would burn you up and spit you out the other end injured in a hurry. In my mind at least - you prepare in such a way that you "know" you can do it as far as being prepared physically. Then some day when the stars are aligned just right - you make up your mind that today is simply the day - and you go for it. Build a very broad base of physical training with some Prowler pushes or something similar for endurance before you think about starting the test. there is no doubt a million ways to train for it but only one way to actually do it. Big base - even bigger base - some hard interval workouts for breathing maybe. Then wait for one of those days - you know the one - the one when you just know it's the one - and don't even think about it until that day comes along.

At 6'5" 315lbs, body weight is nothing to scoff at. That's a lot of mass to be moving for 100 reps. Not much less than me holding 90lbs. That brings up something I have always wondered about. Does anybody know what percentage of your body weight you squat when you do a body weight squat? I figure it's your whole upper body and some percentage of the legs. Does 75% sound about right? It's been way too long since Physics class for me to figure this one out. lol

lol yeah, i knew it was going to be hard but man, squat has never been my strong point and it really kicked my butt, i was walking funny for 3 days lol

At 6'5" 315lbs, body weight is nothing to scoff at. That's a lot of mass to be moving for 100 reps. Not much less than me holding 90lbs. That brings up something I have always wondered about. Does anybody know what percentage of your body weight you squat when you do a body weight squat? I figure it's your whole upper body and some percentage of the legs. Does 75% sound about right? It's been way too long since Physics class for me to figure this one out. lol

No idea about your question, but I'm just glad to see another big guy here too. I'm 6' 6" and 292lbs. (Was 335lbs at one time and 355lbs before that last time!).

Ohh, I figure it'd be a little more than 75%. Only thing you aren't "really" squatting is below the knees. Everything else is going up/down.

Michael

yeah my weight has fluctuated a lot, when i was in high school for football i was about 360lbs, then i made a huge drop down to 280lbs trying to get to 265lb so i could be able to fight in the HW division for some amateur comps, felt totally crap at that weight and lost tons of muscle mass cuz i don't know how to cut weight properly lol. then i went back to 315lb ...and since getting the grip bug when after i found this place and read about total body strength being a good thing for grip i started back full body training and gained 15lbs of pretty good weight some muscle and of course some fat.

so now i float around at 328-330ish i must say this place turned me onto pull ups and that's mainly how i gained the 15lbs, all in my upper back and shoulders.

I'm sure I could get 30 right now as well, if not more. I know my body is strong enough to complete 50 reps, as is Teddy's. Its just a matter of who pulls it together mentally first.

right on Zach, good luck man

Guest Bullitt

I tried 100x100 last saturday, I was super sore 4 days straight. It was definitely one of the hardest things Iv'e done strength training wise. It really is a great mental excercise, I went pretty much non-stop for the first 50 then I just had to grind them out :blink I can't wait to try them a again, and I've already convinced one of my friends to do it. :rock

I did the 100 X 90lbs last Wednesday and my legs felt fairly normal for the first time yesterday. lol Sick workout. Goal is 135 X 100.

Edited by Bullitt

• 2 weeks later...