Failed Progression With Pullups

Egolego

I love weighted chinups. These are easier for most people to do and after not doing pullups for a few months the strength gained fromt he weighted chins transfered well to my pullups and I was able to set a pr. Chins seem to be easier for those of us with beat up shoulders as well. Good luck.

I got to 20 BW pull-ups using Pavel's Ladders. Now I am doing GTG, that has been working well also.

Are we talking PULL-UPs or CHIN-Ups which way is your grip?

I have done all pull-up routines and have found they all work sooner or later. At work for months we would do a max set every hour, 12 hours later you just did well over a 100 pullups. Wieghted is all i do now, and working on my one-handed pull-up. There are many routines but if only do less than 5 i would find a basic program or use a machine. The wider you go the less distance is there too. I have a long reach and go way out on the bar, works on the V too!

I would perfect the dead hang one or two than you can do.

Learn how to kip, to get forced reps.

Find a bar where you can do jumping pullups to get yoru momentum in it.

If yo uhave a gym, use an assistance macine and dont focus on how much weight but how many reps. When I do ull-downs i do no less than 15 reps.

PM me if you need any help or susgestions. Pull-ups and deadlift are the only to things I have mastered.