Xengym's Training Log

Sher

I'm really behind on posting workouts now - two weeks' worth I think... I'll get it updated but it was a week of deload and a week of knee rehab/work around - in there, though, I did have a bench retest for 1 rep max.

Saturday, 8/22:

Grip Work:

Lots of inspiration at the garage as always. :rock I repped the CoC Sport and Trainer both hands for warmup, attempted my RB130 (better but still pretty far from closing it), then did holds with both lighter grippers.

Got a PR on a rack pull with 425# for a 4 sec hold (was very happy with that!). That was up from 400# for 7-8 secs about a month ago.

Looking forward to starting a modified lifting program next week!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sher

• Joefrey

• Bigdeze

• thewicked

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work on the rack holds!

-Rex

Thanks - a little nudge from a couple of guys to try something new and now I want to keep at it... :D;)

• 4 weeks later...

outstanding bench session and the last before the meet in a couple weeks!!!

bench

65x5x1

95x5x1

115x1x2

135x1x2 efforless singles! best to date!

150x1xmissed...flattened out

150x1x2 BEST BENCHING TO DATE!!!! TWO ROCK SOLID SINGLES!!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Way to bring it together with a HUGE confidence builder going into the meet! IT'S TIME TO PUT ON A SHOW!!!

and 30 minutes of cardio... or else.. :dry

That. Felt. Great. :D:D 150# has NEVER gone up like that. Can't wait to go to the meet!!! Thanks Ryan - it was a huge confidence boost!

:rolleyes Cardio's scheduled to begin in two minutes. :bow

outstanding bench session and the last before the meet in a couple weeks!!!

bench

65x5x1

95x5x1

115x1x2

135x1x2 efforless singles! best to date!

150x1xmissed...flattened out

150x1x2 BEST BENCHING TO DATE!!!! TWO ROCK SOLID SINGLES!!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Way to bring it together with a HUGE confidence builder going into the meet! IT'S TIME TO PUT ON A SHOW!!!

and 30 minutes of cardio... or else.. :dry

Strong stuff Sherrie! :rock

Awesome job Sherrie!!! :rock I know that you are going to do GREAT in your meet!!!
Strong stuff Sherrie! :rock

Thanks guys! Even did that last rep by the TV monitor light after a storm knocked out power. lol

(Did I mention I'm stoked?? :D )

• 2 weeks later...

I've been neglecting my log but it's been getting ready for the meet/deload stuff. Last shots at bench and DL went really well (esp. bench!) so I'm feeling pretty good going into the meet. Will be driving out pretty soon to get to the hotel before dark. No nerves, just excited to go to my first PL comp!

I went into the comp on Saturday with a pretty solid bench but not sure how the deadlift would go. Ended up that the deadlift went better than the bench! It was a small meet but that was quite fine by me: I got my first PL meet under my belt, and got a feel for the judging and the mental aspect. Came away with a couple of NASA state records which gives me something to try to knock down next year! :inno

Bench: 137.5# (62.5 kg) (wrist wraps/chalk)

Deadlift: 253# (115 kg) (nothing but chalk)

Even think I left a few pounds on the DL platform! That's okay - I did everything on DL that I went there to do. I surpassed my gym PR (250#)with an easy lift.

It was a great experience - a big (huge!) thanks to Ryan Johnson for all he has done - never would have gotten there without you, coach! :D

Awesome job Sherrie!!! :rock :rock :rock

Work has been crazy so I haven't been on much. But, I have been checking your log everyday since Saturday to see how you did! Great job!!!

Thanks guys! The main thing is I set a bar for myself for next time. My first PL experience and it was great! :happy

This is a new cycle, so I'm back to entering my workouts regularly. Since I didn't BP at my max in the meet, I should be able to make a decent jump in weight by the time I go to the next one. I pretty much met my gym deadlift 1RM so I'll be looking for an increase there but not sure by how much. Knees have been doing well since the last program adjustment so I'll be adding squats, which I'm really looking forward to! That will let me sign up for a full meet if I can get some decent numbers.

Deload (and re-group) week -

Monday, 10/5:

Bench

working on technique

65 x 3

95 x 3

115 x 3 x 4

Cut short but added 30min cardio on Tuesday

Thurday, 10/8:

Deadlift - reset between each rep

135 x 8

155 x 8

170 x 8

185 x 8

Circuit training

2-20lb KB swings x 20 x 3

seated rows

40x30

50 x 25

60 x 20

squats with bar

I SEE SQUATTING IN THAT LOG!!! HAHAHA!!!

AWESOME!!

...and you set 3 state records...

unequipped bench, ue deadlift..and push pull total!!!

I SEE SQUATTING IN THAT LOG!!! HAHAHA!!!

AWESOME!!

...and you set 3 state records...

unequipped bench, ue deadlift..and push pull total!!!

Yes you do, such that it was. :happy I can't even remember the last time I did squats! :laugh

Unequipped DL was a record too? Huh...gotta check that out! [Cool!]

You may be thinking powerlifting - there's not a separate DL record.

It was rather interesting checking out the american records and raw nationals while I was in the site... :D

Edited by xengym

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, 10/10/09:

Cardio Day -

partial box squats

chest pass/twist

clean/press with 20# kb

walking chops

front %^*&%s (can't read it and it was a week ago!)

Was sick over the weekend so delayed bench day...

Wednesday, 10/14/09:

BENCH DAY

65x5

95x5

115x5

135x6 (+1)

Not an easy day but a right shoulder issue comes into play occasionally on heavy sets and that made the 135's a bit harder than usual. Still, I did get the 5 reps (plus) I was aiming for.

Accessory Work

3 circuits of 25/20/15 reps with 40/50/70 lbs for

Seated Rows, cable high pulls, pressdowns

Saturday, 10/17/09:

DEADLIFT DAY (6 reps at each weight)

135x6

160x6

185x6

210x10 25lbs over last 10rep PR

(love it when I get an oh, sh[errie]!! from RJ! heh heh)

Circuit (x3):

KB swings - single 20# x 40

bosu ball balance (knee rehab)

squats with bar - working on getting depth and just getting a feel for it.

I really feel great after this morning's workout. Had a good, high-energy day for deadlifting!

I'll be doing some grip work tonight. I'm still working with that 30# hex of Paul's - the width is the trouble rather than the weight.

And, Chris? That #1 hasn't moved much closer together but I'm working on it. If/when I close it, you'll definitely hear about it! :laugh

Wow, two outstanding workout days - deadlifting last Saturday and benching tonight went really well:

Monday, 10/19:

Bench

65 x 3

95 x 3

115 x 3

135 x 3

145 x 3 x 2 (second set all singles)

Yeah, baby. :) [Hmm, note to self: shoulder pain doesn't even come up if I just bench right!! Argh.]

Accessory Work

3 circuits of 25/25/15 reps with 60/70/80 lbs for

seated rows, cable high pulls, pressdowns

Congratulations on that big deadlift PR, Sherrie!

Nice job on the deadlifts. Feel secure in the knowledge that you can pull more than most juiced up frat boys.

-Rex

Thanks a lot, guys. :D I like benching too but that deadlifting sure is fun when it comes together! Got three reps DO before I had to regrip on the fly too. [i can't wait til I can get 210lbs just once on the axle!]

Haha, 'juiced up frat boys'. I like that. :mosher:laugh

And, Chris? That #1 hasn't moved much closer together but I'm working on it. WHEN I close it, you'll definitely hear about it! :laugh

Fixed that for you! Sherrie, with all the progress you have made everywhere else, I KNOW you will get it. :rock

And, Chris? That #1 hasn't moved much closer together but I'm working on it. WHEN I close it, you'll definitely hear about it! :laugh

Fixed that for you! Sherrie, with all the progress you have made everywhere else, I KNOW you will get it. :rock

Too funny, Chris - it started out 'if' and I added 'when' just for you! Shoulda known... ;) Thanks!