Hitting The Entire Tricep?

Pancake Sprawl

I understand that you don't want to jump into it and get hurt... but using light weights isn't going to help you that much in hitting the muscles... A surefire way to cause more muscles to fire is to force them into it by using heavier weights. Now that doesn't mean to load everything up to superhuman levels. Weight is relative... Load up the weight just enough where you know you're working hard...

I see your weight and height...and you're actually really similar to my size... what kind of weights are we talking about?

well, i've been practicing with 75lbs for my shoulder pressing. it seems it's hard for me to stabilize the weight. for my chest, i've just been doing elevated push ups, and some light flys like with only like 10lbs sometimes 20lbs.

i don't feel as if i'm extraordinarily strong, which is why i'm trying to build some strength before i start going really hard. sadly i can't do deadlift, which is my favorite exercise due to the fact i ruined my olympic bar, so i just pick up my punch bags and do good mornings.

Is that 75lbs each or both?

I was push pressing 90kg(both) @ around 82kg& 1.73m 10 years back.

I think you need to up your weights. ;)

Is that 75lbs each or both?

I was push pressing 90kg(both) @ around 82kg& 1.73m 10 years back.

I think you need to up your weights. ;)

i mean a 75lb dumbell with one arm. but i do both my arms.

Oh yeah, I meant to say, it's triceps not tricep. :)

Oh my word, I did it too :ohmy For shame :D

Same w/ biceps ;)

You're not the only one! :blink

Here's the search result for bicep!: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=Sea...ghlite=%2Bbicep

ok, so i've got yet ANOTHER problem that i need your guys help with. every time i do pressing movements it seems like i only get sore a little above my elbow, but i can feel the rest of my tricep closer to my shoulder and it doesn't get sore. it's like it doesn't even get hit. is this a muscle recruitment problem? i have fairly long arms and some of my friends have told me that is the reason, but they never tell me an answer on how to hit the entire thing.

i have the same problem with my biceps. another thing that has occurred to me is maybe it's just my genes and i have terrible insertions or whatever?

A little medical science here gents on this topic. Nerves insert to the muscle, when stimulated to contract the whole thing contracts/ or nothing. There is not such thing as one head of tricep firing and the other two do not. Same with the bicep- it flexs the elbow, there is no truth to the muscle shaping talk popular with some of the older bodybuilding circles.

You cannot change the shape, either the muscle gets bigger, stays the same size or gets smaller from lack of use. I have super high insertions in my medical tricep head for example, it will always also be so. Lift more weight, have more fiber recruitment.

Also, soreness does not have anything to do with productive. Want to be sore, hit yourself with a pipe. Now you're sore, but it does not mean its beneficial.

it's not that i think the soreness gives me strength, i was trying to use it as a gauge as to what muscles i use when i do certain exercises. i think the soreness for me is my muscles being rusty on not lifting weights as often as i used to, or would like to.