Training For The Bhsa Champs 2009!

CoC#3

Failing the MM3 has made me want to train even harder - it's been going well lately. Not going to try the MM3 again until the summer - main goal now is to kick arse in May.

back squats, no wraps

100kgx5

150kgx3

180kgx7 - belt only

200kgx2,1,1 (as above)

these were all arse to grass.

140kgx6

calf work, leg curl/extensions

grippers

RH

#3x5

#3.5 to 4mm ish

#3x5,5,5

LH

#3x2 CCS reps

#3x2,2,2 wide reps

thick db lifts - 60mm handle

up to 80kg L and R then holds for time with 50kg with each hand.

50kg cleaned L and R nice and easy.

plate wrist curl

10kgx8 L and R

15kgx3 L 15kgx1 R

bigger 15kg plate x 1 L only

10kgx10 L and R

2 hand plate curl

20kgx3,3

reverse wrist curl

30kgx6, 20kgx10,10,10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• The Mac

• egg_uk

• ewokhugo

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals for this contest:

1) Vulcan Gripper - 20mm block set

total of over 32.

2) 2HP - adjustable pinch

100kg-105kg

3) plate wrist curl - subject to rule decisions

17.5kg L and R (15kg with 2.5kg loaded on)

4) One hand deadlift with hook grip

180kg L and R

5) Baby Inch for time

over a minute with each hand.

His back esp is 'house-like'. V broad and emphasised by his height or lack thereof.

You mean "He's a shortarse!"

Well we all know that already! It makes us, or at least ME, so much more impressed with his acheivments so far. It hasn't stopped Jimmy M...except where Magnus sets the events!!!

Sam for WSM! :rock

TODAY'S SESSION - chest and arms and grippers

close grip bench

120kgx4

135kgx2

140kgx2

130kgx4

100kgx14

db incline bench

45kgx5

45kgx5

30kgx10

skullcrushers

50kgx10

65kgx6

70kgx3

30kgx15

light curls / pushdowns - got my arms to 19.5'' today with a nice pump.

RB adjustable gripper

L10 x 4

L13x4

L16x4 R and L

L19x1 R only miss L

L21xmiss R

L20xmiss R

only having a little play today here will do a proper session tomorrow.

His back esp is 'house-like'. V broad and emphasised by his height or lack thereof.

You mean "He's a shortarse!"

Well we all know that already! It makes us, or at least ME, so much more impressed with his acheivments so far. It hasn't stopped Jimmy M...except where Magnus sets the events!!!

Sam for WSM! :rock

Well the nick "Stumpy" has already gone. ;)

One of the events will be a 1HDL with a hook grip? Darn, should've been without a hook :)

Yeah. With a hook grip the grip is still tested but it is a question of pain endurance aswell.

That's a fine set of goals Sam.

You must be a house at 275.

hes more like a tank! sams put on a lot of weight over the past months an it's all muscle, he aint gonna have '6 pack abs' anytime soon but hes certainly got a lot more muscle than fat, real powerful looking physique, big legs, thick shoulders, with a back thats damn near as wide as he is tall! being only 19, hes most likely gonna end a heck of a lot bigger too!

Good day today - after helping a mate of mine move a loads of heavy furniture into his new flat (and getting more cardio in the process than i've done in the last 3 months) we got talking to the owners of a in a local cafe over a scrambled egg lunch. Turns out they are opening up their own 'hardcore type gym' soon just down the road from where i live and have already got a load of kit to start with. So after a little chat about strongman they mentioned that they had a 120kg atlas stone and invited me down to the basement where the kit is kept to have a crack at lifting it and said something along the lines of 'it's seen air but has never been lifted to chest height' etc... up it goes, no tacky, no belt, no warmup etc... I also agreed to help out with the gym by keeping my bars and 350kg in olympic weight plates there should it all go through as planned, and i get somewhere ideal to train in the process.

Today's session - grippers

RB adjustable gripper

L7x5

L10x5

L13x5

L16 x 3R 3L

L18x 1R 1L

right hand

L19 x 1

L22 x 0 (this feels like a #4)

L21 x 0,0 (fairly near)

L20 x 0,0 (even closer)

L19x1

left hand

L19 x 5 misses around 1-2mm.

L18 x 1

L16 x 3 CCS

goal here is to do level 22 each hand by May - which should translate to a level 20 close on the particular gripper being used in the BHSA champs.

Edited by CoC#3

It is an adjustable resistance gripper made by Robert Baraban. You can set it to as easy as a trainer or way harder than a #4 is you want. It is a ncie tool though because it feels like a torsion gripper in the hand, not like the ISG etc...

Thank you, Sam! Where do I get one? I can't find it on RB's website. Got a picture?

you wont find it anywhere mate, it's a prototype

sam, i want to see you ccs closing that RB240 of mine you have for multiple singles - if you can do this easily with a good card insert you should go for #3 cert

I think (not sure though) RB may be producing more soon. I think it would be a good seller.

Not tried to CCS that RB240 but can CCS the RB on level 16 - about 3.2ish. I signed up for the cert already, and am just waiting to arrange it with the witness.

Today i did some PLATE WRIST CURLS, 15kgx3 LEFT this time, using the bigger of the 15kg plates. This is getting easier. Right hand is lagging slightly but it will come.

I also agreed to help out with the gym by keeping my bars and 350kg in olympic weight plates there should it all go through as planned, and i get somewhere ideal to train in the process.

Sorted - all my kit has been moved (grip stuff included) - going to move some more bits around today. Got a hardcore gym to train at now about 10mins walk from my house - IDEAL!! :rock :rock will post some pics and a list of the kit later today.

Today trained strongman and grippers

FARMERS WALKS

warmups

125kgx10metres

140kgx5ish metres (very hard off the floor)

STONE

120kg stone (no tacky) lapped 3 times.

FRONT SQUAT

130kgx3 with an axle

GRIPPERS

RH - up to FBBC hard x 1 and OCs with #3

LH - up to level 18 x1 then OCs with level 16 on RB adjustable gripper

Nice farmer's walk Sam! Next time turn around and walk back! :D

thanks mate - these farmers are hard to turn with the swing like crazy. I did 2 runs with the 100kg farmers before this with turning aswell. I would like to run with 150kg farmers down and back by summer time.