Pilgrim Grip Contest

ox3782

Thats too bad Alan I was looking forward to you coming but life is life.There will be plenty more chances to get together.

And Matt the contest is still on as small as it may be we are a go!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ox3782

• matthcarl

• crobb1320

• cptnamazin

That's a bummer Alan,To bad you can't attend.Brendan,your right on,anytime some of us get together for this type of stuff its always a good time.I was actually pondering doing a second Barnburner grip gathering in say maybe September,Not sure yet though.Was also thinking about trying to make it an official contest.I have plenty of room for it rain or shine so I think it would work out good.

I'm still looking forward to it, though with trying to lose weight and improve my running, grip training has suffered a bit.

Charlie...I'd love to come out for the barnburner...I think I have committments the 20th and 26th of September if it makes any difference to you.

I'm in the same boat, Man. My grip training suffered quite a bit whilst I was training for my police pt tests. I finally passed one, though, so now I can get back on track. :rock

• 2 weeks later...

Well,its getting close guys,Are you ready???To bad its not going to have a bigger turn out,especially being an official contest with everything calibrated,But its going to be a Great day anyway.And don't forget to bring your medley items,This should be the best part of the contest or at least the funnest.It looks like we will have a huge lineup of calibrated grippers,and a sh*t load of blobs as well.But anyway guys,I think my weakest test will be the bending and I am prepared to get my ass kicked on that part.should be an awesome day and I am looking forward to it. :cool

I am as ready as I can be even having dislocated the end of my ring finger a few weeks back still hurts.Going to be a fun day no matter what.

Hi guys...looking forward to it!

Just a quick question on the medley...are we supposed to bring our own item for this?

Also, on the bending...are there any specific rules on wrapping? I am not picky, I just want to be clear on what's allowed.

Hi guys...looking forward to it!

Just a quick question on the medley...are we supposed to bring our own item for this?

Also, on the bending...are there any specific rules on wrapping? I am not picky, I just want to be clear on what's allowed.

Yes I will be running the medley like GGC last year bring your own item to lift if you want but what ever you bring you must lift first before you get a shot at anything else.

And bending FBBC rules

Lookin good for Saturday guys.I was over Brendans tonite to help start setting up,Looks like we got 23 blobs in total and at least that many grippers.this is gonna be a great contest. :cool

OK, I might just be blind, but I went to double-check the start time, and couldn't find it...when are we supposed to be there?

9:00 in the A.M.

Seriously? I thought it was noon for some reason.

9:00 in the A.M.

Seriously? I thought it was noon for some reason.

yes 9am just want to get everyone gathered then 10am is contest start.

yes 9am just want to get everyone gathered then 10am is contest start.

Thanks, got it!

Have a great contest guys!

Hi guys! I made it back to NY alive...I'll wait for Brendan to post the official results, but overall it was a great event!

Hi guys! I made it back to NY alive...I'll wait for Brendan to post the official results, but overall it was a great event!

Glad you made it home safe Matt,

I will post a writeup tommorow very tired now must go to bed.

Matt excellent write up today turned out to be a very busy day for me and has not stoped yet,Thank you for posting something I will try to get something up in the next couple of days,It was a fantastic time and very glad you guys made it great job I might add!!!

Sounds like a great time for sure! Congrats to all who participated!!!!!

I hope to get out there next year.

I am waiting for Brendan to put up the official results before I comment on the contest,But it was a great time. Heres a few pics of the medley items and the calibrated gripper table.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8900

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8899

This was my 2 hand pinch device that we used,The competitors can verify that this a slick one.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8901

Edited by crobb1320

Here are the final results of the Pilgrim Grip contest

Grippers

1.Brendan 164.25 Elite

2.Matt 141.75 #3

3.Josh 136.75 BBGM

4.Charlie 105.1 #2 and a very very close miss on the 2.5 few sheets of paper miss

5.David 91.5 #1.5

2" vbar

1.Brendan 227lbs

2.David 222lbs

3.Josh 202lbs

4.Matt 187lbs

5.Charlie 157lbs

Robbins 2HP

1.Brendan 174lbs

2.Charlie 164lbs

3.Matt 137lbs

4.David 126lbs

5.Josh no lift missed 152 on first attempt and was not able to recover

Medley scored on how many Items were lifted in 5 minutes on to platform 2' tall

1.Brendan 20 items

2.Charlie 11 items

2.Josh 11 items

3.David 10 items

4.Matt 6 items

Bending 8" and down DO bends FBBC rules 5 minutes standard wraping

1.Brendan 80d spike

2.Matt 4140 7" 5/16

2.Josh 4140 7" 5/16

3.Charlie 1/4" 6" G5

3.David 1/4" 6" G5

Hub lift for max weight on Charlies Hampton plate

1.Brendan 55lbs

2.Charlie 50lbs

3.Matt 47.5 lbs

4.Josh no lift

5.David no lift

Overall

1.Brendan 60pts

2.Charlie 36pts won tie break for 2nd

3.Matt 36pts lost tie break for 2nd

4.Josh 28pts

5.David 26pts

Tie breking event for Charlie and Matt

two 80lb DBs one in each hand with Tyler grip over handles

1.Charlie with an amazing 56 seconds

2.Matt with 17 seconds

It was a fantastic contest everyone did great I am going to hold this annualy and hope to have more people next time.

Edited by ox3782

Yes Brendan it was a great contest.The medley was super fun.I missed a couple of blobs that I normally would have got,I blame it on fatigue,mainly because my forearms were on fire.I was very unhappy with the 2 inch vbar,I could get the next highest weight off the ground but couldn't complete the lift.Bending kinda sucked for me,I couldn't finish the square,although it was past 90,it would have equaled my best bend.I thought I did rather well on the 2HP,My last 2 attempts were 174 and both came up,just not enough to hit the stick so I had to settle for the 162 pull.And oh I almost forgot the grippers,Damn,damn,damn,I was so close on the 2.5,if the lights were dimmer he would have said closed,And I really wanted that close man.

The tie breaker was just as Matt said very cruel.Man my arms and hands were wiped out,and yes those Tyler grip handles felt very awkward,especially since I had never touched one before.I dug as deep as I could to hold onto those 2 80lb. dumbells,I thought I had cleared the 1 minute mark,They made a hell of noise when I dropped them to the floor.Now I thought Matt was going to kick my Ass,He lifted them and right away you could tell he was uncomfortable,and to my good fortune he dropped them at 17 seconds.Overall I thought I did alright,Especially being somewhat of an underdog to the competition,weighing that morning at a beastly 149 lbs.So I guess pound for pound I did well.Thanx to everyone who competed for your push to hold on longer.and for those who couldn't make it,you missed a great contest.

It looks like I will be holding the Barnburner #2-Hands of fire,Sometime in September,Possibly the 12th,If anyone wants to come you are welcome(send me a PM) it should be a great contest and will be run much like Brendans,I have yet to know if it will be official,I will have to talk to Jedd on that one.And yes my tapered one hand pinch with blob like surface will be a medley item and probaly weigh more than the 52 lbs. it was at Brendans. :D

Nice job, guys! And congrats to Brendan. We'll see what next time brings, hopefully I can make things happen, and even maybe carpool with gerry.