Pilgrim Grip Contest

ox3782

I am planning on putting on a contest in June here at my gym at my home.I want to get an idea as far as interest,I have talked to a few people already who are definatley interested.So please post here if you are intersted anyone is welcome.

I am thinking the First weekend in June Saturday seems to be the better day for contests.

The events are going to be pretty standard stuff here are some Ideas that I have,

1.Grippers MM set

2.2inch axle DO DL

3.2"vbar

4.2hp if someone who owns one comes

5.Blob/object medley

6.Reverse style bending to 40 degrees in 30 seconds all 6" like GGC

7.Hub lift for max wheight on a good hub plate I have

8.After contest fun

Events are subject to change and suggestion.

Entry fee $25

Going to make it simple after we can order out for pizzas and subs and beer with entry fee money.that way there is more time for playing.I will get forms together.And instead of trophies I will get certificates together.Also my girlfriend will be making cookies of a few varities I am sure.It should be great time and I belive by posting it here it will be a qualifier for GGC this year by top 3 win or the feats list.I am about an hour and ten minutes south of TPS.My address will be on the entry form and I will email them once I finish them.If anyone has Ideas I am open for suggestion plus I am sure I am forgetting a step and if any questions please ask.I hope I will see some of you there looking forward to a great day.

Brendan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ox3782

• matthcarl

• crobb1320

• cptnamazin

Brendan,you know I will be there to compete and I will help any way I can,We can use my 2HP replica,it would not be official but its there if needed,as well as any of the toys I have.Calibrated weights and grippers would be a plus too.This will be an awesome contest,I can't wait bro. :rock

Thank you Charlie,I am glad you reminded me about the calibrations the Grippers and Wheights will be calibrated!!!

Brendan, not sure if you thought about this but that is A LOT of events for high intensity stuff like that. Most people will be absolutely wasted by the time you hit the medley. I'd suggest you cut 2 events (or just 1 if you prefer, 6 events is good), but just my opinion. You could always put the hub in the medley and/or eliminate either axle or 2" Vbar (Or 2HP would be easy to eliminate if you can't locate someone with one). Also, just by what I've done at ACGS and AZSAC I'd say you might be better off with 2-4 going 2HP, 2" Vbar, Axle, as Axle tends to waste hands the most for most I've talked to. Take all my comments with a grain of salt and run your comp however you please obviously, but you asked for ideas ;)

I wish I could come to this, but I'm poor as it is :D, if next year I get lucky and this coincides with my brothers graduation weekend count me in. I like the name though :cool

Edited by vikingsrule92

Brendan, not sure if you thought about this but that is A LOT of events for high intensity stuff like that. Most people will be absolutely wasted by the time you hit the medley. I'd suggest you cut 2 events (or just 1 if you prefer, 6 events is good), but just my opinion. You could always put the hub in the medley and/or eliminate either axle or 2" Vbar (Or 2HP would be easy to eliminate if you can't locate someone with one). Also, just by what I've done at ACGS and AZSAC I'd say you might be better off with 2-4 going 2HP, 2" Vbar, Axle, as Axle tends to waste hands the most for most I've talked to. Take all my comments with a grain of salt and run your comp however you please obviously, but you asked for ideas ;)

I wish I could come to this, but I'm poor as it is :D, if next year I get lucky and this coincides with my brothers graduation weekend count me in. I like the name though :cool

Thank you for your suggestions Derek I definatley did not plan to run all those events those were just some of my ideas as far as events go.I agree that all of them are too much event triage is definatley in order and suggestions and recommendations like yours will be a big determining factor in the final lineup.Hopefully it all goes well and it will be an annual event.

what state is south of TPS in?

what state is south of TPS in?

It's an hour or so south of Boston Massachusetts.Near Cape Cod.

I'm definitely coming! As long as it's in June I should be able to make it out any Saturday. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I can bring my toys if interested, including a 1" FBBC vbar, and IM Hub, and 15 different grippers (none are calibrated, though). I also usually have a wide array of stuff to bend. I can bring out some super-hard horseshoes I have left from the FBBC sample pack if anyone wants to gve tem a try. I'll probably bring along some standard Diamonds as well.

At 4:30 in the mornin' I'm milkin' cows, Jeddiah feeds the chickens and Coulter plows, FOOL :D

-Rex

What the heck?

At 4:30 in the mornin' I'm milkin' cows, Jeddiah feeds the chickens and Coulter plows, FOOL :D

-Rex

What the heck?

Yeah,what the :blink:blink

...unless you're confusing the Pilgrims with the Amish. Not even the same century.

Edited by The Writer

-Rex

I hate plowing.

I'm there. Need me to bring anything? Ah, I'll bring everything anyways.

^ That was me, by the way. Ryan was signed in still. :happy

When you say "Pilgrim", say it like John Wayne, pilgrim.

Oh yeah, I am there! I'll have to start working on something else besides grippers, but it sounds great! I'm sure my boys will be there also. Just got my birthday money, let's see what's on the Ironmind site...

-Rex

Hey who says you get to pull utters Rex

-Rex

What the heck?

I love that video :D:D:D

-Rex

I hate plowing.

You and Rex can swap Zach you pull utters and Rex plows he is as big as a truck and you can squat deep as heck so it all works out :laugh:laugh:laugh
I'm there. Need me to bring anything? Ah, I'll bring everything anyways.

^ That was me, by the way. Ryan was signed in still. :happy

Glad to hear you will be there Josh as long as there is no snow right!!! :D:D:D

When you say "Pilgrim", say it like John Wayne, pilgrim.

Oh yeah, I am there! I'll have to start working on something else besides grippers, but it sounds great! I'm sure my boys will be there also. Just got my birthday money, let's see what's on the Ironmind site...

Awesome Alan glad to hear it too you and your sons will have very fun day!!!

I love that video :D:D:D

Perhaps I shouldn't admit it was already in my Youtube favorite list :whistel

I hope we don't have to worry about snow in june. lol I'll have my truck by then too, so it wouldn't be an issue anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't it going to be the first weekend in June? Shouldn't matter to me if it changes, but it would be awkward to show up on the wrong week :whistel

Wasn't it going to be the first weekend in June? Shouldn't matter to me if it changes, but it would be awkward to show up on the wrong week :whistel

I did read the part where Brendan was "thinking" the first weekend in June, I was just wondering if it was a definite date.

I did read the part where Brendan was "thinking" the first weekend in June, I was just wondering if it was a definite date.

Sorry Matt and Gerry yes The first weekend in June Saturday.