• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ox3782

• matthcarl

• crobb1320

• cptnamazin

Ha! That first one must have been when they switched from the old green and white license plates to the red white and blue. My Dad finally had to give up his original plates from 1986 last year :(

Good stuff, Dropkick Murphy'sVs Bosstones! :rock

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the events

1.Grippers MM set best close 4 attempts

2. 2" vbar rising bar 4 attempts

3.Robbins 2HP Rising bar 4 attempts

4.Blob and object Medley going to do it just like GGC last year pick your poison 3 minutes to load as many object on a platform.

5.DO bending going to go with this instead of reverse it will be more fun 5 minutes to 2" everyone in one shot hardest bar wins.

6.Hub lift on 45 plate for max weight either Charlies plate or mine both nice hubs.

This is what to train for guys I hope a few can make it,Definatley going to be a fun day.

This is going to be great Brendan.I have a question on the scoring for bending.Hardest bar wins but will the lower bends be scored on some sort of point scale,Say like a 10 point seperation per difficulty step of the bend???if that makes any sense.

Example: 6" g5=100 points/5.5" g5 =90 points. Just curious,It will be a very fun and challenging day no matter what.I am counting the days Bro. :rock :rock :rock :rock

Those events sound great! :rock I have to admit I prefer DO bending for the fun factor. I am also curious about the different lengths used, since I am much better at 7" lengths than anything else. Shoot, even 7.5" :laugh

This is going to be great Brendan.I have a question on the scoring for bending.Hardest bar wins but will the lower bends be scored on some sort of point scale,Say like a 10 point seperation per difficulty step of the bend???if that makes any sense.

Example: 6" g5=100 points/5.5" g5 =90 points. Just curious,It will be a very fun and challenging day no matter what.I am counting the days Bro. :rock :rock :rock :rock

Yes We will use scoring that will award the hardest bar bent the most points.From there down it will reduce the points percentage wise.Hardest bar 10 points next hardest 9 points 8 points and so on.

Those events sound great! :rock I have to admit I prefer DO bending for the fun factor. I am also curious about the different lengths used, since I am much better at 7" lengths than anything else. Shoot, even 7.5" :laugh

Any length can be used Matt 7" and down.And I belive we are all familiar with the bar calibration/difficulty scale so we should have no problem translating across the different lengths.

• 2 weeks later...
Mobster, Have PM'd you ;)

"BIG AL"

Oops! :blink meant to be in BHSA Championships 2009 thread :blush

Edited by PERTHPOWER

One small change to the bending up to 8" will be allowed.

You just wanna bend your 80d! Make us all look bad... lol :tongue

I have a feeling Brendan's going to make us all look bad no matter what :whistel

You just wanna bend your 80d! Make us all look bad... lol :tongue

Maybe :whistel But not to make anyone look bad just want to throw those in the mix!!!

Edited by ox3782

I have a feeling Brendan's going to make us all look bad no matter what :whistel

Maybe we will have to slip some laxative in his coffee the morning of. :D :D :whistel

Maybe we will have to slip some laxative in his coffee the morning of. :D :D :whistel

Turbolax!!!

Just wondering.Who is definitely planning on competing????Looks like it will be the only contest in the area at this point.I am hoping to see a good turnout.

You know I'll be there!

• 2 weeks later...

So thats 5 definite,Anybody else planning on coming?

I'm working Wednesday night June 3rd through Saturday night June 6th that week so it doesn't look good for me. :( Working 12 hour shifts 4 days on and 4 days off has it's pros and cons, this being a con!

Gerry,One of these days were just gonna come kidnap you and make you pick up heavy stuff and squeeze big grippers :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear it Alan :( Maybe we'll meet again elsewhere.

Any more word on the contest? Looks like a pretty small get-together at this point.