4 Dime's Plate Pinch

wlong132003

Thanks guys. I am working on the 5 and will get it soon but my little hands are part of the problem. I will get it though.

nice lift bill that did look easy for you cut some cardboard circles and add them between the plates you hands will get use to the width and the weight wont be so bad when you do it nice work :rock

Card board circles??? Cool makes since I will through that in there next time.

nice one Bill! do you ever isolate fingers when you work pinch like a ring and pinky lift, or a middle and index lift, I find that helps me a lot. and having small hands definitely sucks I know the feeling :angry:

I do Isolate my fingers usally during my middle of the week training. It really makes my hands scream I love it.

7.5!!! my hands are 7 even

Oh, that's even more impressive then Bill. I didn't mean you would never pinch 5 without a longer hand...just that it'll take you longer to achieve it. But it will be much more impressive than an 8" hand doing the same thing.

That's a nice lift Bill. :rock Five dimes will be tough due to your hand size, but certainly achievable with continued practice,

Thanks it really maxes my hand out but I WILL GET IT!!!!

Bill, you can get 5 dimes bro. Keep training wide pinch and you will get it. Great job!

Bill, have you tried lifting five dimes with a pipe between them yet? Here is another strategy you could try.

Bob - have you been training this way for very long? I just started doing the same thing

Paul, I did it for several workouts last summer/fall. I'll likely return to it after Gripmas, but I kept tearing my thumb up on it so I may need to find some different plates or buy a grinder to use for the edge of one. For you, it is more like lifting a hex-which is a strength of yours, so I think you will get six dimes with perseverance.

I just wanted to show Bill so he could get some more ideas about how to train for a plate pinch that is a bit wide for his hand-six tens is a bit too wide for me but likely similar in the stretch we are each getting on our hands, depending on other characteristics of Bill's hand.

Bob thanks for the tips. I have been meaning to use a pipe just haven't got one yet. Maybe tonight I will take a pic of my hand so you guys can see what I am dealing with here. :laugh

Bill, have you tried lifting five dimes with a pipe between them yet? Here is another strategy you could try.

Bob - have you been training this way for very long? I just started doing the same thing

Paul, I did it for several workouts last summer/fall. I'll likely return to it after Gripmas, but I kept tearing my thumb up on it so I may need to find some different plates or buy a grinder to use for the edge of one. For you, it is more like lifting a hex-which is a strength of yours, so I think you will get six dimes with perseverance.

I just wanted to show Bill so he could get some more ideas about how to train for a plate pinch that is a bit wide for his hand-six tens is a bit too wide for me but likely similar in the stretch we are each getting on our hands, depending on other characteristics of Bill's hand.

bob the way you pulled the 6 plates is really easy the problem most people have is the bad cast on the plates that never line up even one little piece of cast steel sticking out will make your plates pop out of your hand in a second as for the edge of the plates some tens have a beveled edge even my standerds some --- all are different and each weight more than ten pounds maybe you can find 6 plates and file the burs down then get two with beveled edges and chalk them up good and you will get the 6 tens bill can use this information also for his 5 tens just take two tens place them face to back and see all the light between them maybe 50 percent of the plate touches because of the poor casting good luck in your lifting

Dan I had this similar problem some of the edges are sharp and what not so I just placed them in the middle or changed them up a bit.. Thanks for the help