Reza Will Compete In 100% Raw Pl Fed

MalachiMcMullen

Isn't he going to need to increase his bench then?

If he has any interest in winning the bench event, yes. But if he just cares about the total, which is all that matters in full meets, I'd say he could completely ignore bench, add 100 pounds to his present total with just DL and squat training, and destroy his competition.

-Rex

If he could just duplicate his best efforts, he would end up with 2180. That is ELITE in any sense of it, let alone raw. Make him squat to parallel and he might be good for an 881 raw squat in short order, give him a little bit of time with that deadlift and he might be up to 850. As for the bench, the guy has put almost 585 overhead!!! Granted, the OLY jerk is far from a bench or press, but at 350+ with a 585 jerk, that 484 best bench will be over 500 in no time. All he needs to do is train it. As it stands, he has incredible potential, but we all know what potential equals... 0.

Because of all the publicity of the big lifts done with gear - I think we have lost touch with what constitutes good numbers when done raw. I have no idea what actual federation he plans to compete in but Zack (or anyone) - what are the SHW records for Raw lifts? Just to put some perspective on his numbers please.

The guy who promoted the strongman comp. I did back in August (Scott Weech Jr.) holds the all time 100% Raw total. 2102 pounds in 308 class. He's now training for his pro-status in strongman.

-Rex

Rex - do you know the BP - Sq - and DL numbers he had?

Because of all the publicity of the big lifts done with gear - I think we have lost touch with what constitutes good numbers when done raw. I have no idea what actual federation he plans to compete in but Zack (or anyone) - what are the SHW records for Raw lifts? Just to put some perspective on his numbers please.

948 Squat- Mark Henry

903 Deadlift- Mark Henry

715 Bench Press- Scott Mendelson

According to Karl Gillingham, Mark did 959 in knee wraps and a belt(don't quote me but I think it was the '02 Arnold?) and was going to go for 1000 in just knee wraps and a belt but he moved his foot on the first 959 attempt(which he blew through) and had to do it again. As for the deadlift, I know that Andy Bolton could get more than 903 raw. No one can currently press 700 raw in competition, though several guys are dangerously close.

Nick Winters has done a 675 floor press

Jeremy Hoornstra has done 675 in the bench in training

Brian Siders has done at least 625 and made it look mind-blowingly easy

Ryan Kennelly is said to have somewhere north of 630 as a raw max(bearing in mind he does not train for a raw max, but the shirted max that he holds)

In the squat, I don't know of many that can squat 800+ raw but Donnie Thompson squatted 870 raw at the NERB meet and for some reason that will never be known, it was red lighted. Scott Weech has done 805, Robert Vick did 909 this year and Vasil Orobets did 909 3 years ago.

Upon closer inspection of the powerlifitngwatch.com records list, Tibor Meszaros did 927 without a belt. That doesn't necessarily mean no suit, but I haven't seen too many suited pullers not use a belt. Anybody heard of this guy and know this lift?

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Isn't he going to need to increase his bench then?

If he has any interest in winning the bench event, yes. But if he just cares about the total, which is all that matters in full meets, I'd say he could completely ignore bench, add 100 pounds to his present total with just DL and squat training, and destroy his competition.

-Rex

If he could just duplicate his best efforts, he would end up with 2180. That is ELITE in any sense of it, let alone raw. Make him squat to parallel and he might be good for an 881 raw squat in short order, give him a little bit of time with that deadlift and he might be up to 850. As for the bench, the guy has put almost 585 overhead!!! Granted, the OLY jerk is far from a bench or press, but at 350+ with a 585 jerk, that 484 best bench will be over 500 in no time. All he needs to do is train it. As it stands, he has incredible potential, but we all know what potential equals... 0.

The guy who promoted the strongman comp. I did back in August (Scott Weech Jr.) holds the all time 100% Raw total. 2102 pounds in 308 class. He's now training for his pro-status in strongman.

-Rex

Rex - do you know the BP - Sq - and DL numbers he had?

I believe it is an 825 Squat, 760 DL, and 515 bench. Those numbers are a little rounded, I think, by about a pound.

-Rex

Meszaros is the SHW World Record Holder for the IPF in the deadlift (408kg off the top off my head) and is famous for his fast drop squat style. I have read he has deadlifted more in another fed - don't know about the equipped status though.

He also did some strongman too.

Wow I just saw this thread. That would be incredible. I really wish that it will happen but somehow I can't really see it. I have no doubt if he focused on the powerlifts specifically those numbers would be very different. Especially the bench, not much use for it, especially since they removed even the clean and press from the olympics, which had sort of evolved into a standing bench press.

I don't understand why he would get hurt? Olympic lifts are explosive ballistic movements, a slow controlled powerlift seems rather tame compared to the feats he has already accomplished.

I also had never seen Konstantinov before. That guy is insane. I can't believe I have not heard of him before. He reps those massive raw deadlifts like they are nothing, he stands there holding 815 between reps like the bar is almost empty.

What sort of gear was he using in the 885 vid and how much assist can that give on the lift?

Wow I just saw this thread. That would be incredible. I really wish that it will happen but somehow I can't really see it. I have no doubt if he focused on the powerlifts specifically those numbers would be very different. Especially the bench, not much use for it, especially since they removed even the clean and press from the olympics, which had sort of evolved into a standing bench press.

I don't understand why he would get hurt? Olympic lifts are explosive ballistic movements, a slow controlled powerlift seems rather tame compared to the feats he has already accomplished.

I also had never seen Konstantinov before. That guy is insane. I can't believe I have not heard of him before. He reps those massive raw deadlifts like they are nothing, he stands there holding 815 between reps like the bar is almost empty.

What sort of gear was he using in the 885 vid and how much assist can that give on the lift?

Reza IS going into the 100% Raw fed in 2009, he was injured in a car accident a few years ago and now he is not lifting the world record weights he once was. So he'll try his hand at Pling.

Konstantinov seems barely human the way he manhandles 800lbs+. I don't know how much the suit adds, I do know what his raw best is but it's surely something north of 850 and maybe even 881.

Is it the 94kg Russian olympic lifter Konstantinov the one you were talking about Rex?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Konstantinovs

125 KG lifter.

Pound for pound, he is one of the best deadlifters ever to live, and very soon, he will be the best deadlifter ever regardless of bodyweight.

-Rex

P.S. My favorite video of his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaFr6WPgjfw

why do all the best dealifters where knee high socks when lifting

Is it the 94kg Russian olympic lifter Konstantinov the one you were talking about Rex?

125 KG lifter.

Pound for pound, he is one of the best deadlifters ever to live, and very soon, he will be the best deadlifter ever regardless of bodyweight.

-Rex

It's to help prevent bleeding of the shins and transfer of any blood to the bar.

125 KG lifter.

-Rex

Because they have small calves.

125 KG lifter.

-Rex

It's to help prevent bleeding of the shins and transfer of any blood to the bar.

Eric is right. Basically, it makes sure that you don't get AIDS. Which is important. I think.

-Rex

German weightlifter Marc Huster (battled with Pyrros Dimas in the 83kg class) twice tore a pec when he started benching - strong shoulders and arms combined with not adapted pecs offer this risk.

Konstantinov uses a "Metal" suit. I gain probably around 35 to 40kg with a "Metal Deadlifter" (bwt 120-125kg).

Oh not that impressive compared to acorns best lifts ;)

Anyways I have heard that he hit about a 600lb clean and jerk in training before his bad car accident that took him out of olympics, so if he can throw that much weight overhead I'm sure benching it wouldn't be much of a problem. Thing is he probably never trains bench, so if he did I'd expect that to be huge.

Also thing is with his car accident not sure how good he will be, but he is still young 30 I believe so he has a ton of room for improvement since most powerlifters peak mid to late 30's. He would bring a lot of attention to powerlifting though which would be great for the sport. The greatest SHW of all time in olympic lifting coming to powerlifting is bound to attract a lot of attention. I think its kind of BS though he has to wait like a year to get a visa, since he is from Iran and obviously a terrorist :dry

If he does join he is much like mark henry in that he has so much raw strength he was born with, so he would have potential to set some WR's.

I honestly believe himself and henry were born to do this. They are just monsters. With that kind of natural strength, and his biomechanics, short arms, huge chest I think he could put a lot of weight on his bench double quick