Kevin Nee 905 Raw Dl

MalachiMcMullen

very impressive no doubt. the starting hip position depends on individual lifters...not everyone starts off as though they are going to squat their deadlift...it actually sounds quite funny to hear criticisms of a guy deadlifting 900+ lb raw.

from my experience belt adds next to nothing on deadlift...it helps make up for weak core/abs in other lifts like squat or ohp.....in deadlift/bench and other lifts i havent noticed any significant diff...

Bicep tear. Plenty of pro's are in the 800 range, only a handful are in the 900 range, even fewer raw.

Actually for strongman quite a few of the top guys can pull 400kg raw. Kevin does have a good deadlift he is right up there with big z and benedick ext. Though there are some pro strongman that are stronger then him in other areas so all the professional have there strengths and weakness. They are all beasts of strength far beyond what any normal person could dream of getting to.

That sucks about his bicep, he was looking real good before he dropped off. He is a smaller guy so I feel like I have to route for him since he displays quite an intensity out there when he is competing against people larger then him.

That's not true at all. There aren't "quite a few guys pulling 400kg raw" - in the world in any strength athletics disipline. Kevin missed 870 this year at MSG on grip but I would say he makes that lift and maybe a bit more in a deadlift only contest. He came back to pull 410kg with straps later in the year at the Viking Power Challenge - in this months Milo - and now pulls this 905 with straps in the gym. Hard to say if he had a suit on under the shorts. This year has been a breakthrough year for deadlift. With Ortmayer, Poundstone, Felix all pulling 870 at the MSG contest with no straps, and Nee pulling 410kg with straps, we are really seeing some freaky pulls right now. Of all the top strongmen right now I would say Kevin is on the short list of guys that could actually pull 400kg raw under real powerlifting rules. Mark Felix and Mikail Kokliav would be the others on my list.

That's not true at all. There aren't "quite a few guys pulling 400kg raw" - in the world in any strength athletics disipline. Kevin missed 870 this year at MSG on grip but I would say he makes that lift and maybe a bit more in a deadlift only contest. He came back to pull 410kg with straps later in the year at the Viking Power Challenge - in this months Milo - and now pulls this 905 with straps in the gym. Hard to say if he had a suit on under the shorts. This year has been a breakthrough year for deadlift. With Ortmayer, Poundstone, Felix all pulling 870 at the MSG contest with no straps, and Nee pulling 410kg with straps, we are really seeing some freaky pulls right now. Of all the top strongmen right now I would say Kevin is on the short list of guys that could actually pull 400kg raw under real powerlifting rules. Mark Felix and Mikail Kokliav would be the others on my list.

This, this is troof.

Bicep tear. Plenty of pro's are in the 800 range, only a handful are in the 900 range, even fewer raw.

Actually for strongman quite a few of the top guys can pull 400kg raw. Kevin does have a good deadlift he is right up there with big z and benedick ext. Though there are some pro strongman that are stronger then him in other areas so all the professional have there strengths and weakness. They are all beasts of strength far beyond what any normal person could dream of getting to.

That sucks about his bicep, he was looking real good before he dropped off. He is a smaller guy so I feel like I have to route for him since he displays quite an intensity out there when he is competing against people larger then him.

Yeah I was more thinking of hitching with straps since thats legal for strongman. In powerlifting conditions, your absolutely right. With the more popularity strongman is getting the more competetive it will become, which is great for the sport but tough on the athletes since they have to train twice as hard to be competetive.