Kevin Nee 905 Raw Dl

MalachiMcMullen

People are a buzz right now. Is this the heaviest raw pull caught on tape? It's a coincidence that I have been searching all over the place for 900+ pulls and huge raw deadlifts and I've seen a ton of videos, but only 2 raw. This one of Kevin's, and Mark Henry's 903 pull.

Not to down play the lift I certainly can't do it but he is using strap's which is a big deal on deadlift I can't tell you if he could do it with out them or not I would say no. The deadlift record is over 1000lb's now but I can't tell you what equipment was used.

Not to down play the lift I certainly can't do it but he is using strap's which is a big deal on deadlift I can't tell you if he could do it with out them or not I would say no. The deadlift record is over 1000lb's now but I can't tell you what equipment was used.

Who cares if he used straps and couldn't hold the weight without them? It's 905lbs. 905 very heavy friggin pounds. He is a pro strongman and isn't about to risk ANOTHER bicep tear in training so straps are a must.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Like I said dude not down playing the lift that is a monster dead lift but strap's make's a big differrence in what you can pull agreed !!!! :D

Like I said dude not down playing the lift that is a monster dead lift but strap's make's a big differrence in what you can pull agreed !!!! :D

Agreed! Let's leave the straps out of this thread, agreed?!

No, no, I think we should aimlessly argue about everything possible on every thread possible.

He's wearing shorts! Gear whore!

Agreed! Let's leave the straps out of this thread, agreed?!

Cool with me not trying to offend my friend just and opservation! :D

The fact that he did that with no support other than a belt is what is crazy. Straps aren't gonna help your back any. And he pulled it quick and was smiling at the end, and said he was going for a double next. Hes got more for sure.

How much does a suit generally help for dl? Also does using a belt still mean raw? I usually mean nothing at all when I say raw. A belt is heavy support to me.

The fact that he did that with no support other than a belt is what is crazy. Straps aren't gonna help your back any. And he pulled it quick and was smiling at the end, and said he was going for a double next. Hes got more for sure.

How much does a suit generally help for dl? Also does using a belt still mean raw? I usually mean nothing at all when I say raw. A belt is heavy support to me.

A suit can add up to 40 pounds for some lifters. "Raw" can mean belt only.

-Rex

A belt counts more as a safety device than something to help your hips generate power. I agree that it seems like heavy support because I never use a belt for anything either. People can use it and push their stomach against the belt to brace their back and that does help them pull more, but only because they feel more stable, secure and safe.

Nice find.... He had at least 20lbs more easily. .........................SICK

Was that an official bar?

Were the weights calibrated at the post office?

Was that done at a contest that was advertised on Marunde Muscle at least 30 days in advance?

I think we know the answers to these Gentlemen; so, nice training lift but until he does it under official conditions, it's not much else :D

Very strong but so are all professional strongman. I don't know what happened to him in the last 2 years he has seemed to fade off, poundstone is the best american strongman right now winning fortimus and barley losing to mariez by 1 sec in final event-because he slipped due to rain but happens-

Nice find.... He had at least 20lbs more easily. .........................SICK

He attempted 925 after this and failed just below the knees but it came up with the same speed.

Was that an official bar?

Were the weights calibrated at the post office?

Was that done at a contest that was advertised on Marunde Muscle at least 30 days in advance?

I think we know the answers to these Gentlemen; so, nice training lift but until he does it under official conditions, it's not much else :D

He's pulled 903 in those conditions in a suit that he has no idea how to use and with straps. He's done 875 quick and easy raw in the gym as well and pulled 881 in a suit a few months before that. For most, a suit could add a decent amount but Kevin isn't very well versed in geared pulls.

Very strong but so are all professional strongman. I don't know what happened to him in the last 2 years he has seemed to fade off, poundstone is the best american strongman right now winning fortimus and barley losing to mariez by 1 sec in final event-because he slipped due to rain but happens-

Bicep tear. Plenty of pro's are in the 800 range, only a handful are in the 900 range, even fewer raw.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Bicep tear. Plenty of pro's are in the 800 range, only a handful are in the 900 range, even fewer raw.

Actually for strongman quite a few of the top guys can pull 400kg raw. Kevin does have a good deadlift he is right up there with big z and benedick ext. Though there are some pro strongman that are stronger then him in other areas so all the professional have there strengths and weakness. They are all beasts of strength far beyond what any normal person could dream of getting to.

That sucks about his bicep, he was looking real good before he dropped off. He is a smaller guy so I feel like I have to route for him since he displays quite an intensity out there when he is competing against people larger then him.

That sucks about his bicep, he was looking real good before he dropped off. He is a smaller guy so I feel like I have to route for him since he displays quite an intensity out there when he is competing against people larger then him.

Kevin has had a rough year all around. He tore he bicep. The gym he trained at, Strength Works, and which he also had partial ownership of, closed down as well. He also was busy starting a new local business. When you're used to train 6-7 days a week, week in and week out, the stresses of life can really set you back.

-Rex

the equipped record is 1003 lbs by bolton

Why do people think having a belt on is raw? It's not. It's a huge aid in deadlifts.

Raw to me is raw. NOTHING on the body, period. No straps, no belt, NOTHING.

:blink

Just watched it. For longevity in lifting, that's no way to deadlift.

HUGE lift though done basically stiff legged!

Why do people think having a belt on is raw? It's not. It's a huge aid in deadlifts.

Raw to me is raw. NOTHING on the body, period. No straps, no belt, NOTHING.

:blink

I agree in squat they think knee wraps+ belt = raw. For deadlift, straps, and belt = raw. I agree with you raw lifting you should just walk into the gym with some training cloths warm up and hit the lift, no assistance-except chalk since bars usually slippery from other peoples sweat-

Not to argue about it, but straps can make a huge difference in your pull, even if your grip isn't weak. Although Nee's lift was strong as hell, I'd be curious to see what he did without the straps before he was ranked with the top guys.

As far as big RAW deads, some of Bolton's 900+ were raw I think.

Now Zach, if you want beltless big lifts, John Kuc did 850 give or take.

Just did a youtube check, this 930ish lift of Bolton's looks like it was in a singlet:

Not to argue about it, but straps can make a huge difference in your pull, even if your grip isn't weak. Although Nee's lift was strong as hell, I'd be curious to see what he did without the straps before he was ranked with the top guys.

It's true. Some people, such as myself, can pull more without straps.

-Rex