345 Bench Rep Out

TKtheGreek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-20LeJWZg

there should be a lifting section of the gripboard

LOL Teddy there is no need for a lifting section on the GP. Most dont even lift :D

Very good leg drive on that set, I am guessing 415-425 on touch and go style reps and 405 with pause? Strong work Bro

LOL Teddy there is no need for a lifting section on the GP. Most dont even lift :D

Very good leg drive on that set, I am guessing 415-425 on touch and go style reps and 405 with pause? Strong work Bro

What blobs don't count? :D

Thanks everyone. Im not sure what my max is, i havent tried to max in a while and ive never been as strong on the bench as i am currently. I'd really hope to get over 400 at least T&G. I like that you noticed the leg drive its so overlooked and it makes a huge difference.

Nice power, on a slightly negative side (and it is only slight cuase no matter how you do it that's still good weight). Possibly a bit to much bounce of the bottom which may leave you short of power from the very bottom part of the movement if you come to do paused reps.

I was doing pretty much the same at one point but got out of it using my 2" axle for benching as if you try to bounce that off your chest it doesn't flex and pretty much ends your workout LOL

Whilst using the axle I got used to a slower more controlled decent and a more explosive push from the bottom which has carried over now i'm back on the oly bar.

Great pressing man, that makes me want to go out to the garage and start lifting, great job, I think you could press 400 right now.

Excellent work Teddy very strong!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

The comment I posted on youtube about shoulder was not to knock you it was only to point out that your style of bench form favors the front shoulders and upper pecs.I used to bench the same way and someone pointed it out to me.I tried benching with my arms tigher to my sides and bringing the bar down to the top of my stomach like was instructed in a benching video I have, it felt awkward to me at first but it does seem to involve the pec more and I belive that if more muscle is involved then more weight can be moved.

Awesome job and keep going it will be awesome to see you power up eight plates!!!

Brendan

The comment I posted on youtube about shoulder was not to knock you it was only to point out that your style of bench form favors the front shoulders and upper pecs.I used to bench the same way and someone pointed it out to me.I tried benching with my arms tigher to my sides and bringing the bar down to the top of my stomach like was instructed in a benching video I have, it felt awkward to me at first but it does seem to involve the pec more and I belive that if more muscle is involved then more weight can be moved.

Awesome job and keep going it will be awesome to see you power up eight plates!!!

Brendan

Oh i didnt think you were knocking me i just dint understand. But yea your 100% correct know that i look/ think about it. Im gonna go for 400+ bench my next workout, prolly tuesday if i feel good

Edited by TKtheGreek

how tall are you Teddy and whats you weight? just curious

like 6-1 230, yo Paul you see Evans knockout Liddel

I did not expect that outcome.I did not watch the fight but I am glad you posted that!!!

Brendan

Very strong set! I also agree, that little change in form will allow more pec and much more lat involvement. More tension with bigger muscle groups will = well over a 400lbs press. Great work! :rock

like 6-1 230, yo Paul you see Evans knockout Liddel

Yeah, I heard Liddel crapped and pee'd in his pants from that knock out :erm

Wow, nice benching! Makes me feel week and pathetic.

Be careful about doing a max, and give yourself good rest before trying. My dad was quite the bencher, and it only took one time of not enough rest and he tore is right peck off. I saw him bench his max of 475, rep 405x5, 315x12, etc...

BTW, here's a chart that will give you a ballpark of where your max is:

http://www.bench-press.net/bench-press-max-chart.html

I've experimented with this with myself and a few of my friends and it was surprisingly accurate.

I'm "assuming" you're a pretty young guy and your shoulders can take it now, but that form will KILL your rotatars as you get older. Touch & Go means slowly lower to the chest and touch, then drive it back up. You had some major bounce on each rep, so I'd guess a 345 pause rep might be where you're at right now.

I don't mean to come off negative I'd just hate to see you end your lifting career early like SO many guys I know. Tighten up your form and stay healthy over the long haul ;)

I'm "assuming" you're a pretty young guy and your shoulders can take it now, but that form will KILL your rotatars as you get older. Touch & Go means slowly lower to the chest and touch, then drive it back up. You had some major bounce on each rep, so I'd guess a 345 pause rep might be where you're at right now.

I don't mean to come off negative I'd just hate to see you end your lifting career early like SO many guys I know. Tighten up your form and stay healthy over the long haul ;)

im not a powerlifter i dont compete in bench press, i have no desire to pause anything, im 21 now so pretty young, and it was hardly major bounce. Can i ask your expertise????? Just cause the weight goes up quickly doesnt mean that you bounce it either i just rewatched the video and minimal bounce. And guess what you "guess" wrong

Edited by TKtheGreek