• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• smitty

• The Natural

• jad

I'll get some videos around. Been extraordinarily busy. Still recovering from partying with Paul Knight the whole weekend.

It was a fantastic contest very well organized.Also everone tried their heart out and it was awesome to watch the performances that went down.

The after contest was super fun as well the Impossiblob is no longer that it has been renamed since a few people made it look easy.The Impossiblob was a 5" wide rectangle chunk of HRS that weighs 72lbs and now is named Malichi.

Thank you Jedd and Smitty and everone who helped put this on and for all the after party work!!!

it was a super great time it was also a pleasure to meet all the people I had not met before.I hope I see all of you again next year!!!

Brendan

Bob wonderful writeup!!!And great job in the contest!!!

I fumbled on the grippers and bending...

Maricel even did some good gripper work (closed the Trainer in a choker and held it shut barely missed it unchoked), bending and learned to use the speed bag.

There's what I was waiting for! Bob, you always have the very best writeups bar-none.

You be sure to tell her that a Trainer close, for a woman and especially one as small as she, is NO SMALL FEAT!!! Man, there were a bunch of awesome girls there tearing things up!!! Eaton, the speedbag stuff was crazy! Be sure to tell them!!!

Oh yeah, PM sent Bob :D

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Puahahaha. Great write-up, Bob. Tell your wife that when I was taught around the age of 15 to squeeze with my glutes at the top of the deadlift, I listened!

-Rex

corporeal - I had to look that one up - thanks Bob.

Great write-up Bob! I don't know how you manage to remember all those details on each person but it makes for great reading. Glad to hear you've got a bit more motivation towards gripper/bending work...it's nothing to dread, it's fun! :D

Smitty: I remember this guy – he’s the one that’s supposed to be competing with us – he was one of the founders of grip – come on buddy – get signed up for a contest and show us what ya got!

Chad: The more I’m around him – the more I want another Hercules hold event hehe! I sure can’t touch him in anything else! A great friend!

Jedd: I thought Jedd had a tough day at GGC – he didn’t seem his normal self – acted a little like I felt – like not as focused as usual – still got second – the guy is a beast – and my brother in grip.

Andrew: This guy even passes out and falls down gracefully – should be a decathlete – he’s the consummate all around athlete. Not a bad Axle DL either.

Rex: poor little fellow – he can’t stop growing – he may not fit in the building next year – strong like an ox – darn. And those hands are freaky thick.

Paul: One of those guys I liked the minute I met him – sick strong – we need to go climbing sometime buddy!

Eaton: my friend John – what can I say – he gets stronger and stronger without ever training – what the heck am I doing wrong here? Thanks for everything to you and your lovely family.

Brendan: CC Set a #3 – not bad buddy – not bad at all! Congrats – I hope IM counts it for you on the cert process.

Nick: every contest until now I have managed to beat my traveling buddy – and I know he’s stronger than I am by a bunch – he apologized all the way home for beating me – heck buddy – I’m happy for you! Now Gripmas will be another story – bring your A game if you want to do it again.

Chris: oh yeah – that old guy that just won’t go away. I love all you guys for keeping me young!

Brent: I watched him darn near break his arm a couple weeks ago not getting out of the way of a caber quick enough – the fact that he could even be here shows what kind of toughness he has – let alone do as well as he did..

Josh: I didn’t get to talk to him much but I’m darn proud of him – he showed up when many didn’t and gave it everything he had all day long – great job! Honorable mention for the Diesel award in my book.

Zach: My grandkids are almost as old as you are – yipes! You’re getting stronger every time I see you at a contest – it won’t be long until you start moving up the ranks big time – youth – bah!

Bob: Wow! I couldn’t believe the progress you made between Gripmas and now – tons more muscle mass – somebody has been training hard! Work your weaknesses my friend and you’ll be near the top real soon.

My version:

Smitty: jokester - awesome at kettle bells/grip'n'rip - losing his hair :laugh

I hate you.

haha :laugh:laugh:laugh:tongue

great write up guys!! Feels almost like I was there. rock solid events and some strong guys make for a great contest. hope to see everyone next year.

I keep thinking I am supposed to be making something for someone from GGC - if so please drop me a PM - my CRS is working overtime today. Brenden - I have you covered so someone else???