United States Grip Championship 2008

smitty

Sounds like it was an awesome contest,I wish I was there. Hats off to all the competitors :rock :rock ,Did anyone get any video?? Brendan or Josh-Did you bring the impossa-blob?? :whacked .Man I hope I can get qualified for next year. :unsure Again ,great work guys.

They had it there. I got it off the ground 3 or 4 times and maybe John. Chad, Jedd, Rex and Brent lifted it all the way. I think Jedd cleaned it or almost did 2 times. I guess the name needs changed now. :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• smitty

• The Natural

• jad

SUPER GREAT JOB!!!

Chad, Jedd, and Andrew are TRUE

GRIP GIANTS!

Mighty Joe

Sounds like it was an awesome contest,I wish I was there. Hats off to all the competitors :rock :rock ,Did anyone get any video?? Brendan or Josh-Did you bring the impossa-blob?? :whacked .Man I hope I can get qualified for next year. :unsure Again ,great work guys.

They had it there. I got it off the ground 3 or 4 times and maybe John. Chad, Jedd, Rex and Brent lifted it all the way. I think Jedd cleaned it or almost did 2 times. I guess the name needs changed now. :D

can somebody explain to me how I missed all the heavier blobs in the medley but, after the comp I pull the impossiblob and a deep dish york 45? what the hell? I think it might have been the beer.

That brings me to another point. Form now on will call Paul Knight "St Paul". he gave me my favorite beer in the right amount exactly as I needed it. So, I won't hold his full head of hair against him.

brent

can somebody explain to me how I missed all the heavier blobs in the medley but, after the comp I pull the impossiblob and a deep dish york 45? what the hell? I think it might have been the beer.

That brings me to another point. Form now on will call Paul Knight "St Paul". he gave me my favorite beer in the right amount exactly as I needed it. So, I won't hold his full head of hair against him.

brent

It's because you were being watched. It was convenient that when you pulled the impossiblob, Eaton, myself and Jedd had to turn and look when you had it at full lockout for you to be able to lift it ;)

The 2HP was a little different though...

Sounds like everybody had alot of fun. Congrats to all the competitors.

yea brent, you quickly learn that you can only do the really cool, super strong stuff when nobody's watching, there's no cameras, and when it doesn't actually matter for anything other than to say you did it. :D

Hello All,

well done to all of you - I am really impressed by the numbers that you Guys posted, it makes me feel weak.

Well done Bob, it's good to see you get on the platform and get stuck in. You should be proud of yourself.

Once again, well done.

Best wishes,

Laine

Ben,

what I can remeber from the steel jumps:

(everything was 6")

the 505 bar was o-1 drill rod (thickness?)

the 555 bar was 19/64 o-1 drill rod

the 585 bar was 302 o-1 drill rod

then there was a 625, 645, 700, and 705

can't remeber what was below the 505

Zach,

the medly also had that 110 hex (half of one)

Brent,

That was some good drink - Smitty turned me on to it, told me to try it. Then he proceeded to tell me I looked like I was forty years old because of my hair :angry::tongue payback's a bitch Smitty :laugh

So what did everyone think of the plywood lift? It didn't look like anyone lifted it with what I would consider ease.

So what did everyone think of the plywood lift? It didn't look like anyone lifted it with what I would consider ease.

Uh - it needed to be Jedd proof :D And heck I could have lifted a lot more on it - maybe as much as a couple ounces :blush

Uh - it needed to be Jedd proof :D And heck I could have lifted a lot more on it - maybe as much as a couple ounces :blush

I threw a 10 ontop of the 45 after the comp and it was damn near impossible. Both Brent and I managed to slide it accross the floor but that was the extent of it's air time. I didn't see one ungrimaced face, so I was just wondering how much I should add for my comp :)

Smitty - i'm kind of interested in seeing the video of me blacking out on the CCS 3.5. :upsidedwn

DITTO

I think the ply wood lift would be helpful to me. I think it would help with my card and phone book tearing.

Some stuff done after the GGC (and that I cannot seem to upload onto my YouTube page):

3 25's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AAj8IRhw84...w84/default.jpg

Fat Man Blob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCjnMnenPvs...Pvs/default.jpg

Blob by the Face Farmer's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhbzumqB4s...B4s/default.jpg

I like his socks

Great pinch Rex :rock

Damn Rex... You've got some pinch on you.

Thanks guys.

I'm waiting to see if anybody got Jedd and Chad on video. They both beat me for distance on the blob farmer's walks. Chad went about 4x as far as I did on by the face.

-Rex

Jedds farmers walks were funny as hell! they were farmers runs! Jedd has a huge backyard and the back of his yard is a tree line (woods). I'm chillin, filming Zack on his Shiny bend and I look over my shoulder and Jedd is running the hundred yard dash with the Blob :laugh I thought any second he would drop it, but he just kept going :blink next thing you see him run into the woods with it :laugh:laugh:laugh that has to be some kind of world record :rolleyes

I missed Chad's stuff cause I was filming, but I'm sure they were ridiculous cause I kept hearing oohs and awes and amazin's coming from behind me :laugh

Edited by Paul Knight

Jedds farmers walks were funny as hell! they were farmers runs! Jedd has a huge backyard and the back of his yard is a tree line (woods). I'm chillin, filming Zack on his Shiny bend and I look over my shoulder and Jedd is running the hundred yard dash with the Blob :laugh I thought any second he would drop it, but he just kept going :blink next thing you see him run into the woods with it :laugh:laugh:laugh that has to be some kind of world record :rolleyes

I missed Chad's stuff cause I was filming, but I'm sure they were ridiculous cause I kept hearing oohs and awes and amazin's coming from behind me :laugh

:mellow Stealing my thunder eh Paul? :dry

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

The Golden Hex fell right after the Shiny and neither was all too difficult. A brutal hex got the serious Banana treatment later on in the night.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Yeah, Paul ain't lying. Jedd was running like he stole something.

-Rex

Yeah, Paul ain't lying. Jedd was running like he stole something.

-Rex

Indeed. I believe the phrase "Like a bat out of hell" comes to mind.