• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• smitty

• The Natural

• jad

6 over 200 pinchers, 4 3.5 closers. 2 axles well over 400. Thats awesome! congrats to everyone who competed!

Congrats to CHAD, JEDD and ANDREW!!! :rock :rock :rock

Was the 555 bar the 19/64"X6" Drill Rod (O-1)? Also curious what the other steps were.

Yes it was bro.

The medley was crazy tough. As made obvious by no one finishing it :rolleyes

From memory, it consisted of:

Blob face scoop(John Eaton)

Blob face + skinny 40 hex double lift (Rex Hubbard)

Easier Blob (?)

47.5 york (somebody amazin I tink ;) )

42.5 york (amazin once again)

45lb plywood lift (me, Jedd broke it in half and we had to do some emergency switch ups with a metal pinch plate. The difficulty remained the same)

2 levers (guess who, he's 6'3" and the oldest competitor who still kicked my butt)

28lb shot (Bob Super... I mean Sundin)

The Glob (Jedd)

Wide 35 hub (Brent)

2 WIDE 35 pinch (Brent again)

100ish Plank lift (Jedd)

120lb 3.5" free rolling PVC handled DB (Andrew)

2 16kg Kettlebells lifted upside down (Andrew & Nick R)

That's about all I can remember right now :) There were a ton of items to lift in 3 minutes and I am missing a few I know.

Hopefully the vids show up soon (hint hint smitty) so we can see just how hard this crap was :whacked

I had a poop load of fun and if it weren't for last minute arrangements with Durniat and Jedd, I wouldn't have been there. Grade A guys the both of them. My drive back was so enjoyable, the toll guy on 80/90 gave me $2 in change thinking the person who went ahead of me paid for me. I was going to say it wasn't me, but then I saw there was no one anywhere behind me(so either this guy is an idiot, a real nice guy, or the person ahead of me is one of those) so I didn't say anything but thanks :)

I even got a 45lb hex blob and Dennis Rodgers Scrolling DVD to boot!!!

Great report Zach; thanks!

What is a glob? I've done a search and one description seems to be a rubber kids ball from Wal-Mart filled with water, another appears to be a paper machete' blob??

I'm shocked Eaton didn't do the 2 25's plate curl for his medley item

Edited by jad

What is a glob? I've done a search and one description seems to be a rubber kids ball from Wal-Mart filled with water, another appears to be a paper machete' blob??

The Glob is half a 30lb globed DB. It's basically a 30lb shot :)

That's what John and Bob said actually. I hear tell John thinks using the face scoop tuckered him out too early and was responsible for his less than stellar performance.

Oh, and Josh, John couldn't do the 45lb plywood lift ;)

The Glob is half a 30lb globed DB. It's basically a 30lb shot :)

That's what John and Bob said actually. I hear tell John thinks using the face scoop tuckered him out too early and was responsible for his less than stellar performance.

Oh, and Josh, John couldn't do the 45lb plywood lift ;)

The glob sounds ridiculously hard.

Don't be too hard on Eaton, Ben owed him a hand massage and wasn't there to deliver, hence the uncharacteristic early fatigue.

Some more thoughts:

- Thanks to Eric Milfeld who calibrated all of the bars

- Chad was very tactful throughout the day for all his attempts and when to jump in which proved a perfect strategy

- Thanks to Jedd and Delraine for the after party and all the food

- Yes, the medley had 21 objects

- Andy blacked out during a gripper attempt and we had to pause the contest to revive him :)

- This was the best run, most efficient contest we have put on to date, everything was calibrated perfectly and everything ran smoothly

- Talked a ton about training after the contest and got some great ideas from everyone

- Rex ate throughout the contest to keep his strength up, otherwise he would have wasted away!

- Andy is traveling to Italy to do something only 6 people in the world have done, 200 snatches with a 32kg in 10 minutes - wish him luck on his blog

- Brent hit a big PR for pinch but called "WARM-UP", but then missed the same weight on his attempt!

Some random post-GGC exchanges:

Me (glancing up to see Chad drop a blob after walking with it): That looks like you made it about 45 feet. Nice.

Chad: That was by the face.

Me (amazed): ....Oh....

Me: Did you get the Inch the first time you tried it?

Eaton: I missed it the first time I ever tried. But I got it the second time I tried.

Me: What training do you think helped you get it?

Eaton: Chalking my hands.

Gotta love it.

-Rex

I had a great time and as ALWAYS a top notch competition put on by 99% Jedd and 1% Smitty (JK) :rock A LOT of very strong guys competed this year and I think everyone hit PR's in some of the events and at Jedd's after party. There were a lot of sponsors and a BIG thanks goes out to those guys for some wonderful prizes :rock

It was good meeting Paul, Rex, Bob S., Andrew and Josh M.

I am looking forward to the next one :rock

Chad

Some random post-GGC exchanges:

Me (glancing up to see Chad drop a blob after walking with it): That looks like you made it about 45 feet. Nice.

Chad: That was by the face.

Me (amazed): ....Oh....

Eaton: I missed it the first time I ever tried. But I got it the second time I tried.

Gotta love it.

-Rex

Hahahah classic Eaton. Sounds like it was an awesome comp!!! Shame I couldn't make it out, I'll have to save up for next year :laugh

I should say there were like 20 things I said I was going to do for people after the comp and people asked of me, I can't remember but 2 of them. If I said I would email or PM you something, let me know because I have completely forgotten :laugh

I shouldn't read stuff that funny when I'm at work!

Was the 555 bar the 19/64"X6" Drill Rod (O-1)? Also curious what the other steps were.

Yes it was bro.

Thanks Jedd. Figured it was but wanted to make sure. That's a hell of a 6" bend!

awesome competition, and excellent effort from everyone. i'm just ashamed i bombed the medley like that. the axle killed me and after that i couldn't even get my 47 blob off the ground! :angry:

yea, my toes still hurt like hell... :whistel

and zack- brendan brought the 42 and easy 50 blobs.

It was a great comp Put on by Jedd and Smitty. I had a great time. Big thanks to all the sponsors and Jedd's crew for all the great food after. Also another big thanks to the Eaton fam for putting us up for the weekend. John, tell your wife the packed lunches were Great!!

awesome competition, and excellent effort from everyone. i'm just ashamed i bombed the medley like that. the axle killed me and after that i couldn't even get my 47 blob off the ground! :angry:

yea, my toes still hurt like hell... :whistel

and zack- brendan brought the 42 and easy 50 blobs.

Ah, whoops. Whatever, same car.

USE YOUR HEEL!!! :laugh

Sounds like it was an awesome contest,I wish I was there. Hats off to all the competitors :rock :rock ,Did anyone get any video?? Brendan or Josh-Did you bring the impossa-blob?? :whacked .Man I hope I can get qualified for next year. :unsure Again ,great work guys.