Rgc Ratings

MalachiMcMullen

4 minutes ago, Scottex92 said:

that is neat, would you mind sharing some more photos?

Do you have anything in specific you’d like to see? 

On 5/11/2024 at 10:16 AM, Austin Seitter said:

Just heard back from @Cannon and looks like my GG7 has an rgc of 209lbs and my Xinja Wanja 450 rated at 302lbs 💪🏻😜 picture below was taken from his post about it on another thread. 

IMG_8649.jpeg

Carl's next challenge? 😁

Maybe a deep set would be humanly possible?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, degradated said:

Carl's next challenge? 😁

Maybe a deep set would be humanly possible?

Would be insane to see someone actually close this thing as intended 😂 I just use it for chest crush training for steel bending. If anyone can close it though it’s Carl. It’s 46lbs heavier than the GHP 10 he closed so I don’t think he could do it yet but it may be attainable if he really wanted to build up to it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just got in my GHP6, and here is the RGC rating using my homemade device. All weights are calibrated.
GHP #6 RGC 133.8

image.thumb.jpeg.e71cf31dfaa089f6153ae7f602db133b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.54cd8fdfc9085355a6120834b36e89b8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6fa5cdf227095614a411d5953a4f0ca9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7ed08bc64b4ccf9948e2bccda44467c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9fa84292b57656541136b5e88c1b9b52.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AllMight_ said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6fa5cdf227095614a411d5953a4f0ca9.jpeg

Now my question is do you all see this as a close? if so then the rating is,  132.8image.thumb.jpeg.6cf0fa5dd05b2633c2484ad9d3b79fa3.jpeg

Edited by AllMight_
typo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AllMight_ said:

Now my question is do you all see this as a close? if so then the rating is,  132.8image.thumb.jpeg.6cf0fa5dd05b2633c2484ad9d3b79fa3.jpeg

It is hard to see closes. Feeler gauges are better for feeling for a close

• Like 2

Just now, C8Myotome said:

It is hard to see closes. Feeler gauges are better for feeling for a close

Something like trying to slip a paper through?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 7:16 PM, Austin Seitter said:

Just heard back from @Cannon and looks like my GG7 has an rgc of 209lbs and my Xinja Wanja 450 rated at 302lbs 💪🏻😜 picture below was taken from his post about it on another thread. 

IMG_8649.jpeg

Nice grippers. New goal gripper for Carl maybe? :D

Should be pretty good as chest crush gripper.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AllMight_ said:

20240605_173549.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

20240605_173549.jpg

This is the way. There is no eyeballing anything. 

You want a "heavy drag" on your feeler gauge that confirms the handles are effectively close with no extra weight added to the scale. If the handles are actually allowed to touch fully, the readout can spike and you get false high ratings that are all over the place. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This is the way. There is no eyeballing anything. 

You want a "heavy drag" on your feeler gauge that confirms the handles are effectively close with no extra weight added to the scale. If the handles are actually allowed to touch fully, the readout can spike and you get false high ratings that are all over the place. 

Perfect. This may explain my slightly higher ratings on some of my Grippers compared to those I purchased from you. Thank you @Cannon

I don't think my method of testing is just my experience in testing, haha. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Edited by AllMight_
added more text.
  • Like 2

Good afternoon, all of you. My last mistake was not cleaning the grippers to remove any chalk on the spring. Considering this, I finally adjusted the numbers of my gripper collection and even rated the ones provided by Cannon Power Works to confirm we are within a similar range. I probably did not have to go through all of this trouble, but I did to ensure I had my collection ordered to fill all the gaps. 

Thank you to @C8Myotome and @Cannon for all the feedback on how to rate my grippers better.

Here is the updated list of my grippers for today. Decimals were rounded before I stamped them. Yes, there are 2 COC2.5, and one is more difficult than the other. 
CPW = CannonPowerWorks

SF = Self Rated at my Gym StrengthFirst
image.png.3eaf82300004590af84e4dcda10553d7.pngIMG_8582.thumb.jpeg.5f408d93570c09b036652e4f09744576.jpeg

Edited by AllMight_
typo
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, AllMight_ said:

Good afternoon, all of you. My last mistake was not cleaning the grippers to remove any chalk on the spring. Considering this, I finally adjusted the numbers of my gripper collection and even rated the ones provided by Cannon Power Works to confirm we are within a similar range. I probably did not have to go through all of this trouble, but I did to ensure I had my collection ordered to fill all the gaps. 

Thank you to @C8Myotome and @Cannon for all the feedback on how to rate my grippers better.

Here is the updated list of my grippers for today. Decimals were rounded before I stamped them. Yes, there are 2 COC2.5, and one is more difficult than the other. 
CPW = CannonPowerWorks

SF = Self Rated at my Gym StrengthFirst
image.png.3eaf82300004590af84e4dcda10553d7.pngIMG_8582.thumb.jpeg.5f408d93570c09b036652e4f09744576.jpeg

Awesome work rating your own grippers! Cool looking collection too. I’d love to have a board like that to place mine on as well. I just haven’t gotten one yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HephThor said:

Awesome work rating your own grippers! Cool looking collection too. I’d love to have a board like that to place mine on as well. I just haven’t gotten one yet. 

Thank you!