Rgc Ratings

MalachiMcMullen

2 minutes ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

It looks awesome Nick.. Nice!

Thank you!

Was not a difficult job, a 1 hour ad half cutting and welding all parts together, but I'm not so familar in this kind of jobs, in particular welding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickG1184 said:

Yeah 30 lbs is so much, even because 130-135 lbs is my ideal working tension for low reps, 150 lbs is more or less my PR and 115 lbs I use now for high volumes... I need to increase my collection!

Very strong. Im trying to close my filed RGC 157 and eventually close it No set. 

And my negative training i use the coc4s and the mighty GHP 10.

I can close Grippers in the 135-152 range. And so far can get 12-15 reps NO set with the Coc 1.5 with the CPW bumber cranked to the max. So getting stronger over here as well. Is your goal to close those Coc3.5 and GHP 8s and Coc 4s and beyond Nick?. Also pinchblocking for long holds 55-60plus holds now. Not sure what my PR is for the Ironmind BB Pinch block yet. But these are great for old school strength and Grip strength development  big time.

15 minutes ago, NickG1184 said:

Thank you!

Was not a difficult job, a 1 hour ad half cutting and welding all parts together, but I'm not so familar in this kind of jobs, in particular welding.

Sure wish I had weldong skills such as yourself Nick. Do you use a digital scale similar to what gripmania uses on youtube to show his ratings?

Wow 157 in no set will be awesome!

For me no set but even CCS is really difficult, if not impossible, in particular with IM grippers, due to small hands and very short fingers.

My goal in next month is to have a solid and good close for CoC#3 in MM setting. For the future we will se... for sure 3.5, but 4 is still far beyond my means... for now I use it just for negatives.

I also love pinch blocks (50mm) and 76mm hub. One of my favourite exercise is to lift a 50mm pinch block with one hand, using a weight in range of 70-90 lbs, passing it from one hand to the other as many times as possible. Yeah I really like pinch work, and I also noticed that gives  a good transfer on grippers. For sure I must try with 76mm IM blocks (but will be very difficult with small hands)

Edited by NickG1184
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Sure wish I had weldong skills such as yourself Nick. Do you use a digital scale similar to what gripmania uses on youtube to show his ratings?

No I just take the pin loaded with all weights when handles touches, and put it on normal scale 😄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickG1184 said:

No I just take the pin loaded with all weights when handles touches, and put it on normal scale 😄

Hah hah ..That'll definitely work Nick and much more simple😅

5 minutes ago, NickG1184 said:

Wow 157 in no set will be awesome!

For me no set but even CCS is really difficult, if not impossible, in particular with IM grippers, due to small hands and very short fingers.

My goal in next month is to have a solid and good close for CoC#3 in MM setting. For the future we will se... for sure 3.5, but 4 is still far beyond my means... for now I use it just for negatives.

I also love pinch blocks (50mm) and 76mm hub. One of my favourite exercise is to lift a 50mm pinch block with one hand, using a weight in range of 70-90 lbs, passing it from one hand to the other as many times as possible. Yeah I really like pinch work, and I also noticed that gives  a good transfer on grippers. For sure I must try with 76mm IM blocks (but will be very difficult with small hands)

I hear you, I know the key is good rest , eating healthy and lots of prayers and creeping to those upper echelons of  strength feats. I definitely know its more taxing  for smaller hands , but the gent David I heard shows even with small hands one can possibly get strong enough to close a 4 and beyond. I will happy when I can close my filed 3 and hopefully in 1-2+ years be able to no set it one day. From a no set attempt with my right i can bring it about 2-3 inches from close. So man so close , but gotta work for those final inches indeed my brother.

We can and will get stronger. Just keep at it safely consistently. I believe in negatives bigtime to get stronger. But careful negatives lol

9 minutes ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

I hear you, I know the key is good rest , eating healthy and lots of prayers and creeping to those upper echelons of  strength feats. I definitely know its more taxing  for smaller hands , but the gent David I heard shows even with small hands one can possibly get strong enough to close a 4 and beyond. I will happy when I can close my filed 3 and hopefully in 1-2+ years be able to no set it one day. From a no set attempt with my right i can bring it about 2-3 inches from close. So man so close , but gotta work for those final inches indeed my brother.

We can and will get stronger. Just keep at it safely consistently. I believe in negatives bigtime to get stronger. But careful negatives lol

I totally agree with you about negatives! I think that negatives are the key for big grippers, together with a dense and constant conditioning

• Thanks 1

Nick that looks way cool

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 12:45 PM, ChimpGrip said:

@Cannon just got my atomgripz6 in rated at 305, holy cow this thing is heavy! What could one do with so much crushing power? Pop a coconut like a grape?

Wow that's a crazy strong rgc rating.  I'd love to get my Ghp 10 rated. Gripmania tested a ghp 10 and had an rgc of 294! I'm still trying to find out what's the strongest Coc 4 and Ghp 10 rating for this monsters ever.

Anyone have any videos or any reports. So far Nathan holle had a Coc  4 that was rgc 232. So that's the strongest #4 I have ever heard of .

On 7/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, NickG1184 said:

I totally agree with you about negatives! I think that negatives are the key for big grippers, together with a dense and constant conditioning

Thanks Nick. Careful big negs and Doing more full closes with the 2.5 with the cpw bumper at max and holds and more  big negatives with my ghp#8 Rgc 179,  Coc#4 rgc 205, and unrated #4 that feels like a 220 plus Rgc gripper and negs with a powerful ghp 10 on heavy gripping days + some ironmind blockbuster pinchblock lifts are getting me close to tns my file 3 Rgc 157.

And I recommend train with fatgrip pros on your dumbbells.  I'll do the strongman rotating db curls with 2 45lb dbs with a slow pause then lift and I feel this builds extra strength in the tendons and wrists along with the grip.

I'm a fat grip fan for life Nick. 😂 

Edited by ShelluvstheMostHigh

1 hour ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Wow that's a crazy strong rgc rating.  I'd love to get my Ghp 10 rated. Gripmania tested a ghp 10 and had an rgc of 294! I'm still trying to find out what's the strongest Coc 4 and Ghp 10 rating for this monsters ever.

Anyone have any videos or any reports. So far Nathan holle had a Coc  4 that was rgc 232. So that's the strongest #4 I have ever heard of .

Nathan’s 232 #4 is filed I believe. I wonder if Grippermania would sell that Level 10? The Level 10 is probably my favorite production gripper because the name sounds so intimidating. 

And yes the Atomgipz I have is a monster even outside the RGC rating. It’s got smooth handles so you your crushing strength would have to greatly surpass 305 to close it. 

1 hour ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Check out my post on the most treasured gripper thread, I posted a picture of my 1180 RGC .437 spring Tetting gripper.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Check out my post on the most treasured gripper thread, I posted a picture of my 1180 RGC .437 spring Tetting gripper.

Wow will look today. Can you even move it a few inches my brother. How did you get it rated😱😱 outstanding collectible gripper right there.

• 11 months later...

I've just bought some Digital calipers so I measured all my gripper collection with the spreads and documented them along with the RGC of the rated ones. This may be of interest to others. 

IMG_20231115_104037.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 3

On 12/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Wow will look today. Can you even move it a few inches my brother. How did you get it rated😱😱 outstanding collectible gripper right there.

Can’t move it even a 1/4” - and I’ve deep-set closed a 177# gripper (to give you an idea of how insanely hard the gripper is). 
CPW rated it for me as part of a special project

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Can’t move it even a 1/4” - and I’ve deep-set closed a 177# gripper (to give you an idea of how insanely hard the gripper is). 
CPW rated it for me as part of a special project

Chimp what gripper was that brand again and Wow. I can push my grippers near close when doing negatives of Ranges from 167-179 up but cant get those final 2-3 inches yet on the ones above the 3--Getting there tho lol.

I'm now able to do long negatives with the Coc #4, Coc# 3.5 and a very strong GHP#8 179 RGC 

Goal gripper is still my filed COC#3. RGC 157 and eventually the GHP 8 and both my CoC 3.5s. Any ideas on exercises that help the last closing inches. I've been trying full body hangs for 40sec to 1min-30sec rounds (And I'm about 246-248lbs 6ft 1) and that seems to help and using Ironminds  One arm deadlift- Blockbuster PInchblock :). Starting from 35lbs and I go up to 60-70lbs. I want to work on my strength with the BB Pinch block in time as well. Any tips are appreciated.

And thats some serious crazy power you have developed my brother. Are you still able to deep set close RGC #177 grippers? ANd also have you tried negatives with the COC#4s RGC 205-220 up? 

And btw brother Chimp Grip are your goals next to close a COC 4 or GHP9 ?

I  see someone one finally was able to CC close the #4 with the new rules. Just awesome worldclass feat this year and Im sure more will push to surpass that level of strength in time.

I knew someone would do it this year. Very Nice. I think he was featured on Larry Wheels. :)

Edited by ShelluvstheMostHigh
Just updating

On 11/15/2023 at 5:45 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

I've just bought some Digital calipers so I measured all my gripper collection with the spreads and documented them along with the RGC of the rated ones. This may be of interest to others. 

IMG_20231115_104037.jpg

Very Nice brother MCcal.  How are GOG grippers and did you ever get yourself a  Ironmind Blockbuster Pinch block Grip tool. WOnderful item for grip strength and over all power. Even works legs and Neck and check when I do sets of those things

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, NickG1184 said:

Thank you!

How are you brother Nick. Man I need to be more active on this grip board. Glad it popped up in my emails. Missed everyone :)

•  

Updates to my little collection so far:

2 Coc #4s.     MY Coc#4 Unrated feels around 218-220+ RGC

2 Coc 3.5s

Coc 3.0

Coc 2.5

Coc 2.0

Coc 1.5

Coc 0.5

Coc Trainer

Camry 101

GD Irongrip GD90 Ext.

New Gripper Tool: 

CPW Gripper Bumper

Iron Mind Blockbuster Pinch Block with 160lbs worth of weights(Usual use 35-70lb range at the moment)

Rated Grippers:

HG 350  RGC 172-CPW

Coc 3# Filed RGC 157--CPW

GHP#8  RGC- 179-CPW( One of their strongest rated)

Coc# 4 RGC 205 lbs-CPW , 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Very Nice brother MCcal.  How are GOG grippers and did you ever get yourself a  Ironmind Blockbuster Pinch block Grip tool. WOnderful item for grip strength and over all power. Even works legs and Neck and check when I do sets of those things

Thanks, I've also just bought a lighter GHP 5 rated 107 yesterday from CPW since this list. 

The gods of grip elite series are good, heavy knurling which I like but they are narrow so don't carryover well to training with other brands so I dont train with them that often tbh. 

I've had a IM BB block for years, I've not done any pinch in over a year though. The most I've done on the IM block was 30kg/66lb but I've not trained it that much as it's so wide and I preferred thinner pinch like the flask or a 50mm steel block. 

You have an awesome gripper collection.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

My current collection

All rated by Cannon

[  ] COC Sport
[  ] COC Trainer
[  ] COC #1
[  ] COC #1.5(79rgc) easy
[  ] COC #2(97rgc) easy
[  ] COC #2(99rgc) easy