“coc” Gripper Time Line

bigmatt

wow nice thread! I didn't know I was that famous :D

wow nice thread! I didn't know I was that famous :D

Alawadhi, you should fill your gallery with pictures of your grip collection :tongue

DannyGrip's timeline is pretty much right on with acouple of exceptions. First the Stainless handle grippers were double-stamped with a clear band, not single-stamped. I still own a #4 and the one that Alawadhi has was bought from me (Man that is one I wish I would have kept). As you can see from Danny's list, the stainless #4 is the first #4 Ironmind made.

The other thing missing in Danny's list is the aluminum handle, double-stamped, clear band from 2002. These came out after the rare single stamped grippers. There is a pic of a #4 still sealed in original package in my gallery along with other rare grippers I sold last year. Double-Stamped #4

Tell me if this is correct:

IronMind Timeline:

1990: Black Steel Handles, Black Spring, Made by Warren Tetting for IronMind (Simliar to Original IronMan Grippers).

1991: Silver Steel Handles, Chrome Spring, Made by Warren Tetting for IronMind.

1993: Silver Steel Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom, Made by IronMind.

1995: Aluminum Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Single-Stamped Bottom.

2002: Aluminum Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom.

2003: Aluminum Handles, Black Spring, "Capains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom.

2005: Aluminum Handles, GR8 Spring, "Captains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom.

2006: Aluminum Handles, GR8 Spring, "Captains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom with COC.

When Different Gripper Levels Came Out:

1990: #1, #2, #3

1992: T

1994: #4

2005: G, S

2006: #1.5, #2.5,,#3.5

I agree with Brett regarding the double stamped bottom, and see that you have changed it. I have a IronMind #3 from 1994, and it is double stamped.

Regarding the - 1964-1990: IronMan Grippers made by Warren Tetting, Black Steel Handles with Black Spring.

I have a ‘Heavy’, ‘Extra Heavy’ and a ‘Super’ Gripper with no knurling, and also 3 with knurling. These are circa 1960-1970's.

My collection

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/david...collection.html

David

Looks reall good Danny but you might want to clarify that the 1991 Silver Crush grippers are a chromed steel handle and the 1993 grippers are solid stainless steel handles. also if interested you might add the the Silver Crush grippers are NOT stamped at all and the handles are pinned instead of glued

DannyGrip's timeline is pretty much right on with acouple of exceptions. First the Stainless handle grippers were double-stamped with a clear band, not single-stamped. I still own a #4 and the one that Alawadhi has was bought from me (Man that is one I wish I would have kept). As you can see from Danny's list, the stainless #4 is the first #4 Ironmind made.

The other thing missing in Danny's list is the aluminum handle, double-stamped, clear band from 2002. These came out after the rare single stamped grippers. There is a pic of a #4 still sealed in original package in my gallery along with other rare grippers I sold last year. Double-Stamped #4

Tell me if this is correct:

IronMind Timeline:

1990: Black Steel Handles, Black Spring, Made by Warren Tetting for IronMind (Simliar to Original IronMan Grippers).

1991: Silver Steel Handles, Chrome Spring, Made by Warren Tetting for IronMind.

1993: Silver Steel Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom, Made by IronMind.

1995: Aluminum Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Single-Stamped Bottom.

2002: Aluminum Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom.

2003: Aluminum Handles, Black Spring, "Capains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom.

2005: Aluminum Handles, GR8 Spring, "Captains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom.

2006: Aluminum Handles, GR8 Spring, "Captains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom with COC.

When Different Gripper Levels Came Out:

2005: G, S

I just picked-up a single stamped #4 couple weeks ago

alum.handles, black spring,clear band on handles any idea on how

many of these were made in that time line

I just picked-up a single stamped #4 couple weeks ago

alum.handles, black spring,clear band on handles any idea on how

many of these were made in that time line

I need one of these!! HAHA This is cool getting all this info on CoC Grippers.

• 2 months later...

THIS ONE SHOULD BE OFFICIAL !

IronMind Timeline:

1990: Black Steel Handles, Black Spring, No Stamp, Pinned Handles, Made by Warren Tetting.

1991: Silver Chrome Steel Handles, Chrome Spring, No Stamp, Pinned Handles, Made by Warren Tetting.

1993: Silver Stainless Steel Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom, Made by IronMind.

2007: Aluminum Handles, GR8 Spring, "Captains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom with COC, Improved Knurling.

The Year Different Levels Came Out:

2004: G, S

Edited by DannyGrip

THIS ONE SHOULD BE OFFICIAL !

IronMind Timeline:

1990: Black Steel Handles, Black Spring, No Stamp, Pinned Handles, Made by Warren Tetting.

1991: Silver Chrome Steel Handles, Chrome Spring, No Stamp, Pinned Handles, Made by Warren Tetting.

1993: Silver Stainless Steel Handles, Black Spring, Clear Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom, Made by IronMind.

2007: Aluminum Handles, GR8 Spring, "Captains of Crush" Band on Handles, Double-Stamped Bottom with COC, Improved Knurling.

The Year Different Levels Came Out:

2004: G, S

This should be added to/made a sticky!!

I agree with Brett regarding the double stamped bottom, and see that you have changed it. I have a IronMind #3 from 1994, and it is double stamped.

Regarding the - 1964-1990: IronMan Grippers made by Warren Tetting, Black Steel Handles with Black Spring.

I have a ‘Heavy’, ‘Extra Heavy’ and a ‘Super’ Gripper with no knurling, and also 3 with knurling. These are circa 1960-1970's.

My collection

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/david...collection.html

David

WOW! David, that's an incredible collection.

Thanks for sharing!

Mighty Joe

hmmmm, Scott Harris was told they never made black springs :dry

I got a single stamped #4 with black spring Aaron calibrated it @ 223 lbs.

AKA the most beatiful gripper of all time! :laugh Sorry Robert, I'll stop being obsessed with this gripper eventually, hahaha.

I got a single stamped #4 with black spring Aaron calibrated it @ 223 lbs.

AKA the most beatiful gripper of all time! :laugh Sorry Robert, I'll stop being obsessed with this gripper eventually, hahaha.

And to think I only paid 24.99 + tax for it

Man, I was furious when they tried to give me that bull crap on the phone!

"No, I'm sorry sir, but Ironmind has never made any grippers with a Black Spring" :flame

Too bad that I now own three of those grippers that they never produced. :shifty

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The gold #3 after many years being tried by hundreds at the throwers at their version of "Animal House" behind the track at U of South Carolina.Most all of the gold paint was worn off but still you can see it.The spring measures .286" and is pinned into the handle just like the Silvers were. It is all steel with a black spring and knurled handle. No number stamp on it as the early Silver Crush grippers were. The "golden" picture you posted was (I think) of a young man I witnessed being certed in Miami long ago. I guess the light just hit that gripper end at an odd angle.RS

After reading this old post, I see that we missed a COC gripper in the time-line. Steel handled, black spring, pinned handle as well. Anybody else have any grippers like this or know where they fell in the time line? I'm assuming right after the silver crush grippers.

Tim

The gold #3 after many years being tried by hundreds at the throwers at their version of "Animal House" behind the track at U of South Carolina.Most all of the gold paint was worn off but still you can see it.The spring measures .286" and is pinned into the handle just like the Silvers were. It is all steel with a black spring and knurled handle. No number stamp on it as the early Silver Crush grippers were. The "golden" picture you posted was (I think) of a young man I witnessed being certed in Miami long ago. I guess the light just hit that gripper end at an odd angle.RS

After reading this old post, I see that we missed a COC gripper in the time-line. Steel handled, black spring, pinned handle as well. Anybody else have any grippers like this or know where they fell in the time line? I'm assuming right after the silver crush grippers.

Tim

They were referred to as ' Old Blacks'. They are the first Ironmind gripper.

This says it was a knurled handle. I thought the old blacks were smooth.

Tim