Show Of Hands Grip Cup 3 Results

EricMilfeld

Sounds like it was a great contest. Eric continues to put up huge numbers and is one of the most underated guys in grip. When I spoke with Aaron on the phone he told me Mike was going to give him hell on the bending but I was still shocked to see him tie Aaron and as for his DU, that's just ridiculous :bow:bow:bowAaron must be the the Alpha and the Omega of all that is setting grippers to miss that thing in a choker and then get that close with MMS :bow:bow:bow

Exactly! He seems to lose no ability when switching from choker to Mash Monster setting. I lose at least twenty pounds. I was hopeful Aaron would be able to show me some secret to setting grippers, but he sets them just like I do. :( It's all strength!

Teemu, Aaron can correct me if I'm wrong when he returns from vacation, but I believe that was a 199 pound #4 he just missed with a Mash Monster set. His tolerance for high volume is incredible: three MM4 closes, four contest gripper closes, the #4 attempt, "warmups" that were about equal to his contest closes, and I know I'm missing a bunch more. He was even closing people's #3s just to tell them how it felt, relative to other 3s.

Thanks Guys! yes Teemu it was a 199# #4 of John Eatons that Josh was kind enough to send out for the contest. I lose a little going from choker to MMS but not much. I think Eric had said my best in choker attempt in the contest on it was about a business cards thickness from closing before my hand started shaking and he couldnt see. I prolly would have got that 199# #4 in the contest had I not done the MM4 cert and tried the 206# gripper as well as MMS on the 199# gripper before.

Hell of a contest Eric, I had a blast. Have to admit though it was a little weird at first having people ask for the stuff I had bent and autograph them though. My favorite was the 6" brutal hex that I got the legs down to about 1/2-3/4" apart.

Also seeing Booyah! get crazy on the 6" tough edgin was awesome. Finally getting a double 45# hublift between events was cool as well. I think my wife got a pic. I also clean and pressed one by the hub and curled one. Those were sure some nice 45's

Glad to meet all of you at the contest!

- Aaron

Just got done Bending today and realized how Fried I am from SOHGC3!!!! and I want to publicly thank everyone for supporting me, cheering me on and Aaron personally coaching me through the Linear S 5/16 Grade 5 Bolt. Without this support, I would not have been able to get what I did.

:rock:rockThank You :rock:rock

I'm glad I could help! its a tough bolt and you opened a big can-o-whoop@$$ on it!

:rock:rock

- Aaron

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• bencrush

• Teemu I

• foxyj75

It was nice to meet you as well Aaron! :cool

Congratulations to everybody who competed!!! :rock

I'll plan on making it next year, again.........

It's always fun at Erics house.

BIG congrats to Mike with that crazy bend !!!!!!!!! :bow

• 1 month later...

Eric, any word on when the events will be announced for the SOHGC 2009? My wife's aunt and cousin just moved close to that area in Texas. Her uncle died recently so she suggested I ask about the events and plan a spring vacation around the contest so we can see her family again. How's that for really neat? If the events are something I'm even halfway interested in training then I'd like to formally signup and set my sights on finally getting to make the trek down to meet you guys. Looks like it might all be coming together.

Eric, any word on when the events will be announced for the SOHGC 2009? My wife's aunt and cousin just moved close to that area in Texas. Her uncle died recently so she suggested I ask about the events and plan a spring vacation around the contest so we can see her family again. How's that for really neat? If the events are something I'm even halfway interested in training then I'd like to formally signup and set my sights on finally getting to make the trek down to meet you guys. Looks like it might all be coming together.

We'd love to have you join us, Ben. Euro Pinch is a definite event, as is a bending event. Grippers of some sort will be contested. A medley is always fun. I like the axle deadlift, as well.

We'd love to have you join us, Ben. Euro Pinch is a definite event, as is a bending event. Grippers of some sort will be contested. A medley is always fun. I like the axle deadlift, as well.

Thanks Eric! I'll know pretty soon whether it's a go or no go. Until then I'll train with your contest in mind. Probably won't bend for some time though. The rest has been very good to me.

It would be great to meet you Ben. Looking forward to your visit, contest time or whenever!

Thanks! Same here man. It's about time I finally make it down there.

It would be great to meet you Ben. Looking forward to your visit, contest time or whenever!

Thad be awesome! Can't wait to meet you Ben! :D

Thad be awesome! Can't wait to meet you Ben! :D

Thanks Paul! But it looks like the SOHGC and the MGC7 are going to be very close to each other in April or May. I won't be able to swing both unless I win some form of the lottery. I'll keep thinking of ways I might be able to make it work. But right now the MGC events definitely suit my strengths the best. I really do want to see you guys though.