• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• bencrush

• Teemu I

• foxyj75

A few moments that stuck out for me:

First of all, the number of PRs set was amazing! I wish I had a total count. Mine included a 189 pound choked gripper close and getting all of the events on the medley. That 16" grip on the 12 pound hammer front lever had previously eluded me.

Casey Emery makes me look thick and muscular, so when Booyah yelled out "thin wins" when Casey was fighting his way through a tough piece of steel I just had to laugh. I wasn't laughing so hard when Casey destroyed me two times in a row on the arm wrestling table, though.

Aaron's gripper strength! The fact that I came within 6 pounds of his winning close on this event is very misleading. He came within less than an eighth of an inch on a #4 with a Mash Monster set. His MM4 cert was most impressive. He rested only about a minute between his second and third attempts, and was dominating that gripper all three times. He PRed big on V-bar! 281!

I'm sorry Paul, but I must tell the story. Paul was cruising through the medley when he met up with a most formidable adversary: The Bottle Cap Crush. :laugh

I need a picture of this. He must have spent what seemed like 3 minutes working on that little bitsy cap. He hammed it up for all it was worth, making it a very funny spectacle. But I must say Paul did claim victory in the end. :mosher

Matt and Paul getting 250 on the v-bar after taking all of their official v-bar attempts. :bow

Booyah's bending intensity. Must be seen in person. :rock He took that 6" Edgin so far past 40, so quick, with a double under grip, it wasn't funny! And they don't come any nicer or enthusiastic than Mr. Hadland.

My only regret is not having more free time to watch a lot of the non contest madness that went on, as well as getting a chance to mingle with the guys. I'm sure I'll get some "amens" from the other promoters when I say that promoting and competing in the same contest is just a little bit exhausting, but I love every minute of it!

Well, every gripster there was a pleasure to meet up with. I'm already looking forward to next year.

WoW! What's the poundage on the #4 Aaron got so close? Aaron, you are on fire!

Great job by others as well of course! Eric, you are going to destroy that MM1. Also a nice write-up, these are fun to read and I bet you all had a great time.

Well done guys, big big numbers :rock

My only regret is not having more free time to watch a lot of the non contest madness that went on, as well as getting a chance to mingle with the guys. I'm sure I'll get some "amens" from the other promoters when I say that promoting and competing in the same contest is just a little bit exhausting, but I love every minute of it!

Well, every gripster there was a pleasure to meet up with. I'm already looking forward to next year.

AMEN!!

This was my first grip contest to attend and let me tell you, it was something else. Everybody set a PR on almost everything!!! It was a pleasure to meet all you guy's and see some true feats of grip strength. Congrats to Mr Hadland for his incredible DU bend ( absolutly amazing :bow ). The atmosphere was perfect ( Great job Eric). The necklaces that Joe made us are really cool, thanks Joe! After the contest was fun too. It's amazing how 12 + hrs can fly by when your having so much fun. I'm really looking forward toseeing everybody again next year! :rock

I'm sorry Paul, but I must tell the story. Paul was cruising through the medley when he met up with a most formidable adversary: The Bottle Cap Crush. :laugh

I need a picture of this. He must have spent what seemed like 3 minutes working on that little bitsy cap. He hammed it up for all it was worth, making it a very funny spectacle. But I must say Paul did claim victory in the end. :mosher

Its cool! if it wasn't you, someone would have mentioned it :rolleyes (Aaron was teasing me about posting). Can I use the excuse?: "I was tired" :rolleyes HaHa. Contest was awesome Eric - well organized - I can't wait until next year either. I'll help more next year - it had to be getting you tired, loading and unloading everyones pinch, and right hand, lefthand V-bars! Thanks!

Sounds like it was a great contest. Eric continues to put up huge numbers and is one of the most underated guys in grip. When I spoke with Aaron on the phone he told me Mike was going to give him hell on the bending but I was still shocked to see him tie Aaron and as for his DU, that's just ridiculous :bow:bow:bow Aaron must be the the Alpha and the Omega of all that is setting grippers to miss that thing in a choker and then get that close with MMS :bow:bow:bow

Sounds like it was a great contest. Eric continues to put up huge numbers and is one of the most underated guys in grip. When I spoke with Aaron on the phone he told me Mike was going to give him hell on the bending but I was still shocked to see him tie Aaron and as for his DU, that's just ridiculous :bow:bow:bowAaron must be the the Alpha and the Omega of all that is setting grippers to miss that thing in a choker and then get that close with MMS :bow:bow:bow

Exactly! He seems to lose no ability when switching from choker to Mash Monster setting. I lose at least twenty pounds. I was hopeful Aaron would be able to show me some secret to setting grippers, but he sets them just like I do. :( It's all strength!

Teemu, Aaron can correct me if I'm wrong when he returns from vacation, but I believe that was a 199 pound #4 he just missed with a Mash Monster set. His tolerance for high volume is incredible: three MM4 closes, four contest gripper closes, the #4 attempt, "warmups" that were about equal to his contest closes, and I know I'm missing a bunch more. He was even closing people's #3s just to tell them how it felt, relative to other 3s.

Sounds like it was a great contest. Eric continues to put up huge numbers and is one of the most underated guys in grip. When I spoke with Aaron on the phone he told me Mike was going to give him hell on the bending but I was still shocked to see him tie Aaron and as for his DU, that's just ridiculous :bow:bow:bowAaron must be the the Alpha and the Omega of all that is setting grippers to miss that thing in a choker and then get that close with MMS :bow:bow:bow

Exactly! He seems to lose no ability when switching from choker to Mash Monster setting. I lose at least twenty pounds. I was hopeful Aaron would be able to show me some secret to setting grippers, but he sets them just like I do. :( It's all strength!

I'm just glad you finally got a chance to compete with Aaron and see the crazy ability he has. You can watch all the videos you want, but his contest intensity is something to see in person.

All I can say is WOW! I've been following Aaron's choker work and knowing the RGC-calibrated poudages on the grippers, I think Aaron and I are pretty equal in choker work. At my peak I got the 206 lbs #4 closed from parallel choke (hose clamp around the handles). I'm in great shock to realize, that for someone the choker doesn't make a difference! I lose atleast 20 lbs of strength going from parallel choker to regular spread gripper MMS. Aaron you have a crazy setting strength! :blink If my set continues to suck this bad I might need a 225 lbs #4 choker close to get my 206 lbs #4 closed MMS. Also a 199 lbs #4 is a good #4, not easy by any means.

Thanks for the info, Eric!

Edited by Teemu I

Congrats to everyone. Fantastic gains in the pinch Eric. How was the vbar? Any tearing with the 2'' one?

A few more notes,

The sun was beating down that Saturday, I was trying to find shade ( which was pretty easy because Aaron and Foxman cast some pretty big shadows). Nailbender was relentless on his hands ( with that intensity and willingness to learn you are going to go places my freind). Also you carry good grip genes as your sons were both very impressive and kind. Matt Chips is a very strong dude also, very impressive. Eric is one of the most well rounded grip atheletes I have met. I have to note Greg Griffin as well, he was one of the ( smaller guys there), well hes bigger than me but he did a very strict 16 lb lever during the contest, and after the contest he had enough in him to do another for video!!! Booyah has to be one of the nicest guys Iv'e ever met ( and strongest). Aaron's performance was amazing and he's a super nice and helpfull guy. Foxman has hands of steel ( when I first met him I shook his hand and he took me off-guard, leaving me feeling like a sissy :D ) Keith was very strong as well as Lone Wolf. All in all everybody did alot to be proud of. :rock:bow

I hope you guys took a load of videos as well, you did a lot of great feats and videos of great feats are always nice. :)

All I can say is WOW! I've been following Aaron's choker work and knowing the RGC-calibrated poudages on the grippers, I think Aaron and I are pretty equal in choker work. At my peak I got the 206 lbs #4 closed from parallel choke (hose clamp around the handles). I'm in great shock to realize, that for someone the choker doesn't make a difference! I lose atleast 20 lbs of strength going from parallel choker to regular spread gripper MMS. Aaron you have a crazy setting strength! :blink If my set continues to suck this bad I might need a 225 lbs #4 choker close to get my 206 lbs #4 closed MMS. Also a 199 lbs #4 is a good #4, not easy by any means.

FINALLY, someone that gets it.

FINALLY, someone that gets it.

:D Well Josh it's not too hard to get when you haven't yet been able to close a regular spread 200 lbs gripper. Also with new #4's there's as good a chance as ever to get a #4 that hard or easier out of the package. If I could CCS a 199 lbs #4, I'd certainly go for the IM cert.

Congrats to everyone. Fantastic gains in the pinch Eric. How was the vbar? Any tearing with the 2'' one?

Thanks, Mikael! And it's great to hear from you again.

I've hit as much as 232 on the Euro in training, but I was still happy with my performance. 223 slipped out of my hands after I hit the 16.5" marker at the contest.

Nope, no tearing that I was aware of. But the Euro sure does tear up the sides of my thumbs (especially when the weight slips out of my hands) and my webbing. And, yes, my v-bar still lags way behind my other lifts.

Did anyone mess around with the 2 3/4" RT handle? Who ended up with it?

Paul Knight got that big sucker as a prize!! Nice looking piece!

Did anyone mess around with the 2 3/4" RT handle? Who ended up with it?

Paul Knight got that big sucker as a prize!! Nice looking piece!

Awesome prize! haven't played w/it yet - my hands are stillll not recovered - but that will be one of the first toys that I play with when I'm back. Its huge! :yikes

Just got done Bending today and realized how Fried I am from SOHGC3!!!! and I want to publicly thank everyone for supporting me, cheering me on and Aaron personally coaching me through the Linear S 5/16 Grade 5 Bolt. Without this support, I would not have been able to get what I did.

:rock:rockThank You :rock:rock

Just got done Bending today and realized how Fried I am from SOHGC3!!!! and I want to publicly thank everyone for supporting me, cheering me on and Aaron personally coaching me through the Linear S 5/16 Grade 5 Bolt. Without this support, I would not have been able to get what I did.

:rock:rockThank You :rock:rock

For whatever reason, my hands have never before been fried to the extent that they were from this contest. My forearms are still sore.

Mike, you're grip mania is contagious. Cheering you on is just a natural response to the energy you bring to the stage of grip. :rock