2008 Log

twig

Got air under it the first time I pulled, ever since, nada, nothing, zip! It just spins in place like a top. Side note to any novice inch lifters TAKE ANY RINGS OFF! My wedding ring damn near ripped my finger off!

Jason came roud for a session yesterday, didn't do a great deal, but finalised the details for the comp, after he'd gone and I was clearing the gear away something in my wrist went crunch, this morning my left wrist was twice the size of my right, took some ibuprofen, been icing it all day, and the swelling's gone down some, but it's still well painful.

As a result, I've not managed to do any push ups today, got the sit ups done tho.

He's due round again on Sunday we'll train properly then.

Atlas stone is HEAVY, 106Kgs shouldn't be a problem for me, but I can't get a decent hold on it, mind you, it's outside so with the weather in Manchester being what it is I haven't had much of a chance to try it.

And this wrist's stiull not right, I'm booked in at the Doc's next week, I'll get her to look at it then.

Neil,

Good that Jason is training again.

Regarding your wrist - go and see the doc and rule out any breakage.

After this, ice it, also take ibuprofen and wrap a gauze bandage to keep it stiff. Once it's a bit better, start working it daily with a very light lever bar (Ulna and Radial flexion). This will keep it active, and help with rehab.

Drop any exercises that hurt bad.

David

I got my stoutest RB210 today, which I can only close on a really good gripper day, so I'm proud of that, then Jason came round and we ran through the events for the comp, I pulled 70 on the RT, failed at 80 on the vbar, which is frustrating, cos I've pulled over 100 before. We both ran the pinch medley a couple of times, and we decided to switch 2 of the items around, I had them one way, but I'm better at v wide pinching than at blobs which is unusual, so we switched.

Jason reckons no one can lift the 5th impliment, but I think it's doable, so it's staying in.

• 1 month later...

Ok! Since the comp, the lagacy blob, which is 39.5lbs has been lifted every time I've tried it, which considering I was deading it only about one in ten before the comp is HURRAH!

Left wrist needs an op cos of some dissociative floating cartilage in it, so I'm unlikely to be able to compete in the Peter Horne Memorial Comp, which sucks even tho I'll probably place last, I'd rather compete last than not compete at all, in fact, if I'm going to come last, I'd rather not go, but I'd like to meet the other guys that'll be there so I'll go anyway and load, ref, etc.

Does this sound crazy? My loadable Inch trainer is now heavy enough, however, it doesn't rotate like an Inch, so I've been thinking: If I gaffer tape some chain to the top/over the side of the bells; that will increase the weight AND the rotation of the bell as it is lifted from the floor and make the lift more accurate, no? Has anyone tried this before?

Twig, sorry to hear about your wrist. If you do go to the Peter Horne event you could at least have a go at the one-handed events. I'm probably going and I'm pretty sure you'd beat me on the vice gripper so there's one non-last place for you!

• 3 months later...

OK. Time to start logging again:

5 over crushes on HG300, 5 negs on Hardy Handshake loaded up to 25Kgs. both hands, although with the left it was more of a "crush it as far as you can and keep crushing" with the left hand, as I can't get this HG300 with it.

10 reps with the yellow "expand your hand band", 10 reps with the red, little finger excluded, both hands.

10 reps, ring and pinky IMTug 5, both hands

Cheers,

5 over crushes on HG300, 5 negs on Hardy Handshake loaded up to 25Kgs. both hands, although with the left it was more of a "crush it as far as you can and keep crushing" with the left hand, as I can't get this HG300 with it.

10 reps with the yellow "expand your hand band", 10 reps with the red, little finger excluded, both hands.

is this the HG300 you bought off me? If so, great work - it means you can't be far off closing your hard #3s.

I wish! It's one of my harder 300's but not yours, in fact, I'm closer on Savage's average #3 than your 300!

Today same as yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so we've learned I'm better at training than I am at blogging! :)

I've been gradually increasing reps, so now I'm doing 12 reps of overcrush and 12 reps of negatives each hand, I'm still using the HG300 but I've increased the HH to 26Kgs.

Bands for extensor work.

Tomorrow will be 14 reps of each, each hand and I'll be introducing the TTK for heavy thumb work (negs, if I can figure out a way of doing it!), I figure working my thumbs exclusively won't affect what I'm doing on grippers, cos the plan I've got gets up to some crazy reppage on the grippers. Next time I post I'll let you know what weight I've decided on for the TTK.

Ok. Day 22 of my program: I've worked up to 20 reps of negs and overcrushes per day so that by day 20 I have done 424 reps of each, per hand. I've also done 10 quick reps and 10 full reps on the TTK for thumb work which is loaded to 13Kg. This week is a maintainance week, so I'm doing 2 goal attemps (on a #3), 2 negs on the Hardy Handshake and 2 overcrushes on the 300 on day one (yesterday), 3 of each on day 2 (today) and then increasing one rep per day until Friday.

Thumb work will remain at 10 quick and 10 slow reps per day, although I intend to try and increase the weight, even if only by a pound, by halfway through the week.

Extensor work being done is yellow band to failure every 22nd day.