2008 Log

twig

Push up challenge started. 1 Press up, 10 sit ups.

RT 60KgsX12 either hand

Formulator 17.5Kgs 10 reps (palms down) 25 reps (palms up)

CCS RB210 near miss x10 RH, hopeless fail X10 LH

30lb Blob clean and press 10 RH (by face) 10 LH (normal grip)

Cheers, Sam.

RT same as yesterday

Gold's Gym wrist exerciser alternating hands between sets, flexor 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 than to failure, extensor 15, 10, 5

PDA 262 5 solid CC closes R, 5 attempts L

30lb blob to full deadlift 5 L, 5 R with 2Kg added

2 push ups, man these things are killing me! I never liked them, I was never any good at them, and now I'm a fat old man they really take a lot of effort! I suppose they'll get easier as I get used to the movement though, after all, it's almost 15 years since I last did any.

12 sit ups, easy, arms are currently folded across chest, once I'm used to the movement again the numbers should start jumping rapidly and I might start adding weight (other than the cat!).

Inch dumbell trainer (shot loaded globe) currently weighs 91lbs. passed hand to hand twice.

25Kg Kettlebell, high passes from hand to hand 20, front to back (around the body) passes 20.

Went for a 30 min brisk walk.

Been 2 days without alcohol, feeling fine but appear to have forgotten how to fall asleep without booze to help.

Bodyweight 350lbs on the button, that's the heaviest I've ever weighed, I've always joked about beig 350, never thought I'd actually get there! Embarassing, is what it is.

nice to see you logging, ill keep an eye on it, if you previously drank often and have now given up you should lose quite a bit of weight

3 press ups, 14 sit ups, and a 40 minute walk today, might do some pinch work later, but I'm beginning to think I've pulled every muscle in my upper body!

Never can tell, maybe next time it'll be a fridge freezer, but that'll take ages to build out of cardboard like the washer!

looking good Twig nice to see you are training a variety of stuff! and welldone laying off the booze!

4 press ups, 16 sit ups and 2 40 minute walks to my driving theory test and back, passed the test with a score of 100%. Won an Inch and an Atlas Stone on ebay, so all in all a very productive day.

4 press ups, 16 sit ups and 2 40 minute walks to my driving theory test and back, passed the test with a score of 100%. Won an Inch and an Atlas Stone on ebay, so all in all a very productive day.

Hi Twig, nice log. Congrats on winning the Inch. I look forward to seeing your progress. The Inch will nuke most all aspects of your grip for a few days if you do too many attempts and/or don't rest enough days between sessions.

The good news is that it will make everything else seem easy in comparison, but maybe you'll DL it with ease your first time because you're a pretty big guy.Keep us posted and don't get discouraged if it seems ridiculously hard.

Edited by odin

The Inch will nuke most all aspects of your grip for a few days if you do too many attempts and/or don't rest enough days between sessions.

Chances of me overtraining like a complete loon for the first few weeks: 100%

I got the big bugger, no point in doing things by halves! Now I've got an Inch to collect from Brum, and a stone in Staffordshire...and I don't drive...bloody bus driver's going to love me :help:upsidedwn:whacked:unsure

twig: there was a time where 1 push-up also seemed ridiculously hard for me, and I never weighed over 260. Don't get discouraged man, the log seems great so far, don't quit and keep doing similar stuff to what you're doing now and check back in a month, how many push-ups you can do and if your weight has gone down. I'll sure that'll motivate you!! But keep it up, don't fall of the wagon :P

the bus :blink good luck with that. are you anywhere near able to lift the inch? based on what you can lift with the 2.5" handle? i wanna get an inch but im miles away based on my 2.5" work, so it will probably be awhile before i buy one. i dont want to see it everyday and it mock me. i look forward to seeing your progress with it. hopefully you will lift it by the end of the year. at least you have all the articles jedd wrote to give you ideas.

I expect the Inch will either glue itself to the floor, or, if it's feeling generous, let me get a 1/2" lift and then spin like a top ripping my thumb off, but not being able to lift it will really annoy me (after all, it's only 12 stones 4lbs), which wilkl motivate me to train harder.

Day 5, 5 push ups, 18 sit ups.

Not done much grip today, but got Inch trainer to full deadlift righty, and full DL lefty but it tilted on the way up. It's not got all my lead shot in it, and weighs 134lbs. Next time I train with it I'll be taping plates to the globes, I'll tape them on the side to increase the rotation, which should be good practice for the Inch I'll be picking up next Saturday, right before I pick up the Atlas stone.

Seeing as I'll be in Brum anyway, I'm taking my parents out for lunch; at some point the reason for me being there will come out, along with how much it cost, so expect me to have a black eye at the comp on the 26th, cos my Mum's got a right hand Ali's scared of! :blush

I expect the Inch will either glue itself to the floor, or, if it's feeling generous, let me get a 1/2" lift and then spin like a top ripping my thumb off, but not being able to lift it will really annoy me (after all, it's only 12 stones 4lbs), which wilkl motivate me to train harder.

Day 5, 5 push ups, 18 sit ups.

Not done much grip today, but got Inch trainer to full deadlift righty, and full DL lefty but it tilted on the way up. It's not got all my lead shot in it, and weighs 134lbs. Next time I train with it I'll be taping plates to the globes, I'll tape them on the side to increase the rotation, which should be good practice for the Inch I'll be picking up next Saturday, right before I pick up the Atlas stone.

Seeing as I'll be in Brum anyway, I'm taking my parents out for lunch; at some point the reason for me being there will come out, along with how much it cost, so expect me to have a black eye at the comp on the 26th, cos my Mum's got a right hand Ali's scared of! :blush

Great Log Twig,well done on the Inch and Atlas stone win.Will you be uploading any pics of the inch when you get it?I see your flying up in weight with the inch trainer , that dumbbells good for another 125lb fully loaded

Mark

Still plugging away at the push and sit ups, but not done anything else as I've caught the Winter Vomiting Virus, which isn't nearly as nice as it sounds!

hope you get over your bout of norovirus quickly, doesnt sound pleasant, ive had the winter flu thing since boxing day and thats bad enough, cant imagine how bad the other one must be.

Got the inch, and can get slight air under it, woo hoo!

Good job twig, it's quite a thrill, isn't it? Make sure you videotape your progress, you'll want to look at it later. I'd like to see your attempts sometime myself.