The Third Annual Show Of Hands Grip Cup

EricMilfeld

Regarding the 12# front lever with 16" grip:

1. Are you measuring 16" from the head down or from the bottom up?

2. Is the 16" mark where you put you put your index finger or your pinky?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• com202

• climber511

• Paul Knight

Thanks Guys!!!! I am just trying to get DU Bending on Record. Whoever gets the biggest bend will Set the Bar and the others will follow. I expect DU will increase in popularity a bit due to if there is a record, somebody always wants to break it and this is the third most popular bending style (at the moment) Booyah!!!

This is measured from the bottom of the head down. Your index is placed at the marker.

The man who I believe has proven himself to be the world's best short bar braced bender, Tim Tolbert, has graciously provided a rather large amount of his very best bent bars as prizes. Guys, let Tim know how much you appreciate his gesture. The bars he bends are truly remarkable to behold.

Enjoy! It was an honor to be asked.

Can't wait to see the results of the competition.

Tim

Some BIG bends are gonna go down there :cool

Mike and Jeremiah that should be an awesome DU style battle will the young FOX upset the DU Daddy :D Hope you both hit BIG PRs regardless.

I think Aaron and Eric will also PR in the bending

Paul Knight has the potential to upset a few go for it bro.

Joe this is your chance to learn a shit load of bending technique as well as what it takes mentally to destroy big bars rise above yourself mate and go get some PRs.

Hope you all have a great day.

The TIM T bent trophies will be great keepers and motivational tools :rock

This is measured from the bottom of the head down. Your index is placed at the marker.

Thanks Eric, I'll have to give it a spin on my 12 next workout...I'm curious now.

If those of you with video cameras could bring them it would surely be appreciated. You can never have too many at these sorts of shindigs.

Hey Eric, I had a quick question. Seeing as how there are numerous bolts in the bending stock selection, would it be possible to have the head cut off if the bender wishes? Naturally it would still be counted as a 6'' bend, even if it were slightly under that w/o the head.

I pose this question because I usually always cut the heads off my bolts because I don't like the feel of the head in the wraps, and I feel I can wrap it tighter w/o the head. This does put me at a slight disadvantage though, as when doing final measuring, the head being present can put the bend closer to 2'' than being w/o it.

In any case, whatever the verdict is on this is fine with me. I just wanted to know, so that I can do a few bends that way to get used to it. Thanks for your time Eric!! Later buddy! :cool

Hey Eric, I had a quick question. Seeing as how there are numerous bolts in the bending stock selection, would it be possible to have the head cut off if the bender wishes? Naturally it would still be counted as a 6'' bend, even if it were slightly under that w/o the head.

I pose this question because I usually always cut the heads off my bolts because I don't like the feel of the head in the wraps, and I feel I can wrap it tighter w/o the head. This does put me at a slight disadvantage though, as when doing final measuring, the head being present can put the bend closer to 2'' than being w/o it.

In any case, whatever the verdict is on this is fine with me. I just wanted to know, so that I can do a few bends that way to get used to it. Thanks for your time Eric!! Later buddy! :cool

That would be fine if you'd like the heads cut off. Just let me know which ones you'd like cut down and I'll do it for you ahead of time.

Guest NailBender
Sponsored by Fat Bastard Barbell Co., The Gripboard, and braced bending extraordinaire, Tim Tolbert

WHEN: Saturday, April 19th, 2008

WHERE: My garage in Fort Worth, Texas, ya'll!

START TIME: 11:00 AM Central Time

COST: $20, payable by check, cash, or Pay Pal

ENTRY DEADLINE: April 1, 2008

LIFTS IN ORDER OF PERFORMANCE:

Euro Pinch

-Standard rules apply.

Grippers

-Calibrated and choked to parallel grippers will be contested. Use whichever hand you prefer.

2" FBBC V-bar

-Standard rules apply. Both hands will be contested.

Freestyle Bending

-Calibrated 6" stock will be contested with standard rules and a 5 minute time limit. Multiple contestants will bend simultaneously. Following are some of the stocks that will be available:

60D = 325

"JH" 1/4" grade 5 = 385

"triangle" 1/4" grade 8 = 475

5/16" crs = 555

5/16" crs = 595

section of Griprite 70D = 670

"JH" "FNL" 5/16" grade 5 = 685

"W.T" 5/16" grade 5 = 715

"linear S" 5/16" grade 5 = 745

3/8" crs = 830

The Milfeld Mega Medley

-A 5 minute time limit will be given to complete the following feats in any order:

1)#10 hammer lever to head: 8 points

2)#16 hammer lever to head: 14 points

3)#12 hammer front lever with 13" grip, lifting from floor to standing position maintaining parallel hammer: 8 points

4)#12 hammer front lever with 16" grip, lifting from floor to standing position maintaining parallel hammer: 14 points

5)tear a deck of Bicycles: 12 points

6)tear a deck of easy cards: 10 points

7)break a spiral 60D nail: 10 points

8)lift the Blob50: 14 points

9)lift a #65 1.5" wooden pinch block with one hand: 12 points

10)key pinch (thumb opposing the side of your curled forefinger) and curl two #10 olympic plates: 11 points

11)hub lift a #25 plate with a shallow and wide hub: 11 points

12)#110 3/8" v-bar: 8 points

13)no-set a #1 gripper: 8 points

14)no-set a #2 gripper: 13 points

15)bottle cap crush between the last sections of your forefinger and thumb (Jan Todd style): 10 points

16)FBBC 2.5" Crusher lift with #120: 7 points

17)loadable 2.5" dumbbell lift with #150: 14 points

18)The Humbler's Cousin (lift from the floor a #10 dumbblell placed over the 2nd knuckle of your middle finger to a 2.5"

platform [your other three straightened fingers will help to support the dumbbell handle]): 8 points

SCORING: Four attempts will be allowed on all events, except for the medley, for which only one attempt will be given. The rounds system will be used. Contestants will be allowed to drop down on weight on successive attempts. A combined poundage total will be used for scoring. Here's how your total will be determined:

Euro Pinch: Multiply weight lifted by ".9" to figure poundage.

Grippers: The calibration rating is your poundage.

V-bar: Multiply the total of your left and right hand lifts by ".4" to figure poundage.

Bending: Multiply the calibration rating of your stock by ".3" to figure poundage.

Medley: The total points accumulated is your poundage.

The total poundage from all your events will determine placement in the contest.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

I will provide either pizza or barbecue, bottled water and beer. Trophies will be awarded for at least 1st through 3rd place. The weights on the Euro Pinch and the FBBC 2" v-bar will be calibrated.

Eric,

What are you going to do about parking?

I thought about this last night after thinking about my visit to your house.

NailBender

quote]

Eric,

NailBender

Worst case scenario - some can park at my house and car pool w/me to Eric's - I live in a court, and ten cars could easily park at my house (ten could'nt ride w/me obviously - but we could store a few cars there) I live less than 10 minutes from Erics.

That would be alot of testosterone in one car! :rock

Edited by Paul Knight

That would be fine if you'd like the heads cut off. Just let me know which ones you'd like cut down and I'll do it for you ahead of time.

Eric, one of the JH FNL's, and one of the Linear S's would be great! Thanks!! :rock

BTW, is the 3/8'' CRS FBBC stock(HKOAB!!?)? Just curious! Also, I noticed Mike H. was wanting to go for the DU American record on one of his attempts.....would you happen to know what the current record is? I am very interested........ :shifty

quote]

Eric,

NailBender

Worst case scenario - some can park at my house and car pool w/me to Eric's - I live in a court, and ten cars could easily park at my house (ten could'nt ride w/me obviously - but we could store a few cars there) I live less than 10 minutes from Erics.

That would be alot of testosterone in one car! :rock

We could probably find room for any cars that don't fit on my street over at the neighborhood park's parking lot, which is only a two minute walk from my house.

Eric, one of the JH FNL's, and one of the Linear S's would be great! Thanks!! :rock

BTW, is the 3/8'' CRS FBBC stock(HKOAB!!?)? Just curious! Also, I noticed Mike H. was wanting to go for the DU American record on one of his attempts.....would you happen to know what the current record is? I am very interested........ :shifty

No problem, Jeremiah.

It's Steel Works stock, but I do have some KOABs for some of you bending beasts, should the need arise.

I couldn't find a DU record on the following list of American Records, so it looks like Mike is about to create one:

http://powerandbulk.com/ushandstrength/id3.html

Hey Eric

What's the weather look like for the Contest ?

Any chance of snow this year :laugh

It's looking like light tornadoes with a 50% chance of bowling ball sized hail, but no snow in the forecast. :D

Actually, that's pretty much what we had here two nights ago. Last I heard, Paul is still without electricity.

I'm proud to announce we have another sponsor. Mistrass will be donating a loading pin and a 2 7/8" revolving handle that he is currently making. :rock

Hey Eric

It's looking like light tornadoes with a 50% chance of bowling ball sized hail, but no snow in the forecast. :D

Actually, that's pretty much what we had here two nights ago. Last I heard, Paul is still without electricity.

Day 3 - still no electricity :help they said 2-10 days - it better not be 10 :angry:

Guest NailBender
Hey Eric

Day 3 - still no electricity :help they said 2-10 days - it better not be 10 :angry:

Hey Paul, now would be a good time to practice driving nails with

your hands in the dark. Be careful though.

Just kidding! That would suck! No power for 3 days? Yuk!

NailBender

Saturday's forecast: mostly sunny, high in the upper 70s

Being north Texas, this is subject to change. :whistel

We should all pitch in for a U-haul for Nailbender to bring all his stuff!!! :laugh