A Case For Percentage Based Points Contest Scoring

EricMilfeld

I think that as long as we keep things close to what the status quo is, we should be fine. Once a base as an organization is developed, we can start narrowing the focus.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• mobsterone

• Bob Lipinski

• climber511

For the record, I do not see anything wrong with the German system overall, I just think that scoring method should not be enforced. Too many promoters will say "screw you" and do what they want.

However, I think that it might be a good idea to standardize scoring with the Europeans for a Nationals. If nothing else it would serve to prepare Amercians for international competition.

It's that screw you attitude that will stop any progress in putting together a US Grip Organization of any kind. If compromise isn't possible, then we are doomed.

Agree :rock

I'm really just messing with you, Eric, playing DA. I see nothing wrong with any scoring method we choose to use, but am most used to Strongman, 10 years worth vs. 7-8 in PL.

I do honestly think the most easily understandable scoring system is best if we plan to widen public interest, though. And the Strongman system is really the easiest for people to understand.