• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• twig

• maximus1

• Paul Savage

• David Horne

Big contratulations to all who stepped on the platform, or room or whatever LOL.

Neil it's not easy running a comp and competing, so don't beat yourself up, and you can have a nice relax down here for my dad's do.

Good to see the new boys Paul S and Fred do well, these are the future. Well done!

Also good to see Maxwell up there in 3rd spot, your getting nice and all-rounded now. Are you coming down in April?

Paul W, it looks like you've improved in a year which is great, and it's just the start of the year!

And to my son Jason, who's done hardly any training in 3 years since he left here to go to Uni. Well matey I'm so proud of you - you know that! :D

I'll put the results on my site later.

David

cheers guys - i actually did 90kg in plates on the RT twig, it was 95k that jase said i only locked out my legs with
Was it? Well, don't blame me, it was your brother keeping score for the RT! :D

Come on twig, can't complain about a top ten finish :D

They all did well. Paul made a name for himself and will have learned loads... but no one mentioned the cakes!

Well since this is my last post may as well go out congratulating my mate maxwell and all the others at twigs as well as twig congrats guys nice to no the blob got some airtime.

See you all on the darkside.

cheers guys - i actually did 90kg in plates on the RT twig, it was 95k that jase said i only locked out my legs with
Was it? Well, don't blame me, it was your brother keeping score for the RT! :D

dont worry about it man, i understand why that was now - i think i won the event with the 80kg lift, an he then went home, but i went on cuss i wanted to finally break the 200lb mark >i managed 90kg in plates on the 3rd attempt (jase judge it)

learnt a lot for sure - one thing to mention >dont drop a blob50 on you're foot! i think it's broke my toe :blink

cheers david - you got a cool kid. Me an fred have actually already plan'd future training sessions / may make it a regular thing in the future, i certainly hope so >he is naturally a monster, mind set seems to be the same as mine >i think he could push me all the way, an vice versa

my write up is now in the log

Ultra thanks to twig for the top notch hospitality and also to everyone else for the encouragement and tips.

Special thanks to twig and maxwell because without their kit none of my new lifts and feats would have been possible.

Had a great time. Sore arms now.

Fred

Special thanks to twig and maxwell because without their kit none of my new lifts and feats would have been possible.
You can cross find and lift a blob off your list now! :rock

:D I had a great day,really enjoyed it,was good to be back competing,esp pleased with my efforts as training has been lacking of late,hopefully this will renew my enthusiasm and who knows i might enter another comp this yr!

Great to meet everyone it was a good mix of guys,Paul S is going to be a future record holder if he carries on as he is a really strong guy and well up for it,also young Fred new to all of this but with a bright future,if he keeps at it,bad luck with that red nail maybe next time hey :tongue i surprised myself by being able to still do a red my bending has been a little off of late,glad you all liked it!

Anyway cheers all and thanks to Twig for his hospitality and cakes,i look forward to the next time we all meet!

Max

ps thanks to Gazza for his blob loan,cheers bro!

Edited by maximus1

I apreciate certain commemts that I don't give up! When you squeeze, you squeeze till flocked, don't give up at any othey time!

Or is that just me?

Thanks for having us twig, it was a fun day and good to meet everyone.

Things I learned:

1) I've improved a bit, but I still suck at RT.

2) Weaver stick is very hard, my bones are aching today, I now appreciate how huge 8kg + is.

3) Blockweights are fun to play with, wish I had some.

4) I'm a total dicksplash. Ok, so I knew that already, but I left my new motorbike outside in Hulme (gentrified a bit in recent years, granted) with the keys still in for 2 hours.

Fred's been put on the blob list http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=4098 so cheers to Jedd for that.

And I think that was only his 3rd time trying pinch...makes you sick, doesn't it?

Did anyone get a vid of Savage lifting the blob?

dont think so - doesn't bother me too much to be honest, i clean an pressed it once, clean'd it twice, an fully deadlifted it countless times, so im sure i could get it again >i will snatch the thing next time i grab it..probably break my entire foot on that one!!