Wsmss Will Host The 2008 Ironmind Rolling Thunder World Championships

Paul Savage

I do agree that somebody from Gripdom should head out, doesn't really matter who so long as they can qualify. I mean heck, how many people are going to walk-on and pull 220+ on the RT? Can't be very many and add to that competing against some of those competitors scares others off and then the small prize. So a walk-on more than likely WILL get mention.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bobbrown

• mobsterone

• MalachiMcMullen

• David Horne

How about Chad Woodall, since he's in the U.S., has large hands, and is plain strong and looking for a challenge?

David

Steve, if you think you've got a chance, I can probably find a few quid.

PM Mike Bety and see what he's doing.

Chad is, as David says, keen. He PM'd me yesterday re next years British (as did Paul Savage).

Now that you guys mentioned Chad, I'm curious about rklien's RT numbers, because he did beat Chad in the Axe DO DL a couple of months ago, didn't he? One would guess he'd be good at this lift? ... Wes also seems to be very good in this lift!

Well with Mark, Laine and possibly Steve being there it's a very strong British representation.

Wouldn't it be. I thought that, if by chance I am able to go, Team UK would be a very able team. Fly the flag as it were. We shall see.

A lot of very strong guys talking about going - I wish I could be there to watch!

How about Chad Woodall, since he's in the U.S., has large hands, and is plain strong and looking for a challenge?

David

I have been tossing it around in my head David that is for sure.

But, I have to get over this sore back first. I have done 275 not too long ago on the RT...if I can get over this sore back...I believe that I can get back there fairly quickly and give a good showing...never know unless you try I guess.

$$$ would be the other problem though...because of Christmas just getting over with :blush

Chad

Come on mobster don't you want a shot at that 145 £ ?

David

I have been tossing it around in my head David that is for sure.

But, I have to get over this sore back first. I have done 275 not too long ago on the RT...if I can get over this sore back...I believe that I can get back there fairly quickly and give a good showing...never know unless you try I guess.

$$$ would be the other problem though...because of Christmas just getting over with :blush

Chad

Well a 275 pull would definitely put you in the running, hell I'm sure Pudz wont pull very much(compared to the crowd that will be on hand). YOU WILL be able to just walk-on and beat out the 4xWSM in an event. I can't think of a cooler thing to have happen!!! Let alone the publicity it could bring to our little sport.

I have done 275 not too long ago on the RT...if I can get over this sore back...I believe that I can get back there fairly quickly and give a good showing...never know unless you try I guess.

Chad

Wow, I had no idea you had those kind of numbers in you. I think there is strong support on this board for a mere "grip guy" to be competitive against WSM types. As far as I can tell, based on guesstimates, you are our man (sorry Steve, besides you live too far, and are sort of a strongman too).

I am willing to throw a few dollars towards SOMEBODY here, be it Chad or Steve, and I suspect others might do the same. When I say "a few", I mean $50-$100. But it would seem that we would have to agree on the person. To me, if someone has done 250 on their own device, and are a basic gripboard member (not a Pro or aspiring Pro Strongman), that is who I am talking about. I don't know how many here fit that profile. Just Steve and Chad?

There is plenty of time, 7 weeks away...

Mike Corlett

Age 53

PR 209, at age 52

To me, if someone has done 250 on their own device, and are a basic gripboard member (not a Pro or aspiring Pro Strongman), that is who I am talking about. I don't know how many here fit that profile. Just Steve and Chad?

Wes?

Chad, I am fairly sure I will be at the RT Champs and the WSM strongman. If you are feeling healthy, strong and have a chance at posting a personal best...let me know because I am thinking on ways to be of help. You have proved yourself to me facing up to the Grip Gauntlet as a man of honor and giving it your best. Talk is cheap , excuses are many, but, the RT challenge is still there so lets put our heads together to see if we can get you "a shot" at it. RS

As far as the $300.00 goes. Welcome to my world. Training hard, dedicating to something and having no real reward at the end except pride.

I hope the promoters of RT sport or any Hand strength sport have better success at raising interest from marketing companies to help further your sport.

I will say that it does require support from the competitors. You all should show up if you can and compete, even if you don't think you can win. Still show support. It will help with future events.

AS for CHAD,

Get healthy and go there and KICK SOME BUTT :rock

As far as the $300.00 goes. Welcome to my world. Training hard, dedicating to something and having no real reward at the end except pride.

I hope the promoters of RT sport or any Hand strength sport have better success at raising interest from marketing companies to help further your sport.

I will say that it does require support from the competitors. You all should show up if you can and compete, even if you don't think you can win. Still show support. It will help with future events.

AS for CHAD,

Get healthy and go there and KICK SOME BUTT :rock

Actually welcome to ours. At least strongman and powerlifting offer up somecash - as opposed to none at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Who won? Did anyone from the board end up going?

haha oops JAN 18th. It's only DEC 18th... It's been a rough week is my only excuse.

I like the idea, to give only 300 dollars to the winner !

I dont agree with the ironmind-coment.

when You can lift 100 kg with the RT, and You are a "normal" person, You play this in a world-class-club.

Would really like, I could watch the athletes!

Edited by unequipped

Anybody from the Gripboard competing?