Tps Grip Assualt 3

davetps

Alright,

So the other two events are not yet determined, but I am debaiting on having them annouced the day of the show. Let me know what you all think about that. The show will be on march 22nd, the day before Easter( if thats a problem let me know) It will be starting at 12noon at total performance sports, 11 victoria st everett ma.

Dave, I'm thinking of coming to this, as I haven't seen my sister in RI in ages and it is easy to combine the trips.

Anyhow, the 3 announced events as Grippers, European Adjustable Pinch and 2" Vertical bar from FBBC ?

I for one, would prefer to have the other 2 events announced beforehand. Am I missing something ? 5 events in all ?

Also, I see IM hub mentioned as a possible event. That's a fine idea but I really hope that claw grip method must be used and V-bar type grip (grasping the hub with the hand sideways and thumb wrapped around with as many fingers as fits ) is not allowed as, I suspect that I am not the only one who thinks this grip defeats the intended purpose of the hub which is meant to be lifted via the finger tips.

Axle DL would be a great choice as well.

I see no bending listed and for me that is a plus since I can barely bend a straw. Benders, please take no offense, and to be honest I'd love to see a contest with nothing but bending..ie all 3 styles and perhaps different lengths of stock.

I hope to make it and will look for flights after discussing with my sister .. neilkaz ..

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crobb1320

• Jedd Johnson

• bigmatt

• matthcarl

Alright,

So the other two events are not yet determined, but I am debaiting on having them annouced the day of the show. Let me know what you all think about that. The show will be on march 22nd, the day before Easter( if thats a problem let me know) It will be starting at 12noon at total performance sports, 11 victoria st everett ma.

Dave, I'm thinking of coming to this, as I haven't seen my sister in RI in ages and it is easy to combine the trips.

Anyhow, the 3 announced events as Grippers, European Adjustable Pinch and 2" Vertical bar from FBBC ?

I for one, would prefer to have the other 2 events announced beforehand. Am I missing something ? 5 events in all ?

Also, I see IM hub mentioned as a possible event. That's a fine idea but I really hope that claw grip method must be used and V-bar type grip (grasping the hub with the hand sideways and thumb wrapped around with as many fingers as fits ) is not allowed as, I suspect that I am not the only one who thinks this grip defeats the intended purpose of the hub which is meant to be lifted via the finger tips.

Axle DL would be a great choice as well.

I see no bending listed and for me that is a plus since I can barely bend a straw. Benders, please take no offense, and to be honest I'd love to see a contest with nothing but bending..ie all 3 styles and perhaps different lengths of stock.

I hope to make it and will look for flights after discussing with my sister .. neilkaz ..

I hope you make it Neil!!!

They allowed the grip you talk of last year,but this year I hope not it does defeat the purpose of a hub lift,We are doing vbar on a seperate event.

I am ok with mystery events as well it will make it fun and iteresting cant wait to hear what they are.Providing one thing that the double rolling thunder pulldown is not one of them,it was fun to try but way too difficult to counterwheigh.

Hope as many can make it as possible see you guys in March!!!

Brendan

Yes I agree that the double rolling thunder pull down looked to be a sloppy event,I mean the guy pushing down on your shoulders had to give an uncomfortable feeling...??? I agree,the hub lift should be just like lifting a plate by the hub.

Neil,Goody,,hope you guys can go . :cool

Mystery events sound pretty cool.

Yes and with no disrept intended (there would never be any from me, towards you and what you've accomplished as an athlete, and what you and the Diesel Crew have done for sports), you can likely win or at least place in the top 3 of almost any grip-type event, but some of the rest of us cannot, and lacking your vast experience, we'd like to be able to train a bit to improve our chances of putting on a good showing and perhaps knocking down a PR or two in the specific events. To do that, we need to know what events are included.

As I read, there are only 5 events at TPS. I'd be OK with 5 announced events, and a 6th mystery event provided it isn't too gimmicky, or even 4 announced events and a 5th mystery. But to have only 3 ann. event out of 5, seems like too much of a crap shoot for me.

Also I'd like specifics. ie..if the Euro 2HP is contested, will the width be fixed or variable and if variable, what widths can we choose from ?

Also, I don't want to hijack the thread, but seriously, the V-bar type grip on hub needs to be outlawed. I also know that it was allowed at a California contest but really hope to see it never allowed again. As an example, about 2.5 years ago, I first saw the Hub at gamidon's GTG. I lifted it V-bar style with 52.5 lb of plates ..seems kinda BS for a newb (me back then) to do that, doesn't it ?

Just my opinions and hoping to better our sport and standardize things a bit without becoming gimmicky, but still givng those in contests some time to prepare for their best showings, even though they know they have little chance to win.

.. neilkaz ..

Neil,

With the euro pinch, you try it in warm-ups and decide the width you want for your official attempts.

Neil,

With the euro pinch, you try it in warm-ups and decide the width you want for your official attempts.

TY Jedd, my understanding is that one can choose either 44, 54 or 64 mm ? Can something inbetween be chosen as well ?

ty .. neilkaz ..(never having seen one of these and only training 1HP plate pinch at home)

48 is also used from time to time in European contests, from what I understand.

Okay,

ONce again guys sorry for my lack in posts, but I just got back from training in Cali, and leaving thursday for training in NY, so I am a little out off the office. Seems like leaving the last two or at least one of the events an unknown will be good. So I will go ahead and let it out out the the fourth event will be the Iron mind Hub lift and it will be done by finger tips only.

As far as any other events and if they will be anounced or not I will consult with Jedd and let you all know.

Sounds great to me. So, is this the updated event list?

1) Grippers

2) 2 Hand Adj. Pinch

3) 2" Vbar

4) IM Hub

5) Mystery

Looks like a good lineup.What set will be used on grippers??

I can say that Dave has used the parallel set on the grippers in both contests I have gone to that he put on.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, have you guys seen this?

TPS Grip Assault IV

It usually pops up on the diesel site as well,For some reason I can't click on the diesel link???Thanks for putting that link up Matt.

What usually pops up on the diesel site? A pop-up?

Actually I think he means the link to the diesel crew site at the top of the page...it doesn't seem to be working.

Actually I think he means the link to the diesel crew site at the top of the page...it doesn't seem to be working.

Jedd,What I meant was last year the add for TPS was on the diesel site,Also I can not click on the link at the top of the page for some reason,Thats all.

oh i see.

yes we know about the banner not directing to the diesel site. thank you.

Alright gentlemen and ladies,

The contest app has been posted on our website. www.totalperformancesports.com. When you get to the home page, click on Whats New and it will bring you to it.

Get your app's in soon so I can get us some sponsership.

:rock

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in. Got the form ready to go out now.

Best of luck, Matt. This is looking less likely for me, as is my daughter's spring break and family is screaming for a vacation somewhere warmer than Mass.

.. neilkaz ..