European Grip Championships

burkhardmacht

I seem to remember Steve starting a thread to help someone else get to a comp, now maybe someone here needs to do the same for him.

maybe make donations to a paypal account or something?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• kilkkinen

Thè only thing as an heel of pain to the big brit is bending.......

At the Peter Horne day, with no practice at all for years other than 6-inch nails, I did a 230-kilo rated bar.

I seem to remember Steve starting a thread to help someone else get to a comp, now maybe someone here needs to do the same for him.

maybe make donations to a paypal account or something?

That should not be a big problem! The BHSA is a large team and perhaps it would be good to support not only Steve but also Sam and Chris! If I'm informed correctly the BHSA requires a yearly fee for the membership - so this might be an option too! :rock

I dont know Chris James and Sam is a great guy (met him at the weekend) but they have already said they are going and seem to be able to afford to go anyway.

I dont really know Steve very well either having only met him at the weekend also but I feel it would be good for the current British champion to be able to represent us in a European championship. If the BHSA money isn't all already earmarked for other purposes perhaps it could be used in the future for purposes such as sending the current British champion to the European championships or champion of champions etc. not everyone would need the help but it would be good if future champions didnt have to worry that they could not compete at the world level due to finances.

If BHSA money isn't an option then lets have a whip round and see what we can do becuase on the evidence of Saturday and the events involved Steve would look like a good bet to win it if he entered.

Edited by Stew

I'm sure it could be done, wouldn't take too many people making a small contribution to make it viable. Just depends whether Steve wants to go down that route, it didn't work out well in the end for David due to his unfortunate finger injury before the GGC.

Would be good to see The British Champ take on Europe's best :rock

Everyone should help Steve get to this contest. He has helped people here in the past in a similar way so IMO he more than deserves people to club together to raise enough to send him to this contest. The events suit him aswell (loads of thick bar plus grippers and one hand deadlifts...) so i don't think your efforts will be wasted.

Very kind. If people did so I'd be looking to do my very best for them.

Everyone should help Steve get to this contest. He has helped people here in the past in a similar way so IMO he more than deserves people to club together to raise enough to send him to this contest. The events suit him as well (loads of thick bar plus grippers and one hand deadlifts...) so i don't think your efforts will be wasted.

Three times. Darren Sherlock to Greece (we raised £367 in two days), Mick Hart (£200+ for a gold fob watch which we got engraved) and David Horne ($500 in under a week). I also arrange every year for both the gyms I train at do raise money for charity. In the last two years we've raised just under and just over £700 each time. I love what I do and so putting back in feels easy.

By the same token we had one donation of $100.00 towards shipping this year and $150.00 last year which enabled me to have the great trophies shipped from the US.

Well I'm in, how much do we need to raise?

Now we just need a paypal account and a trusted member to take charge of looking after it.

Once we have this I'm happy to start a post on SDF , obviously one can be done by someone on the BHSA site and how do we stand for starting one on this board?

The funds should just be sent to Steve directly (once he finalises that he is def. competing) :)

I'm skint, however I get paid in 10 days, so I should be able to spare a few quid, seeing as I won't be spending £300 a month on booze.

Steve, I could help you out saving money for a hotel. You are welcome to stay at my place (if you don't care to share the room with two other grip-guys :D ).

So long as they are quiet and we don't have to share a bed I'd be more than happy.

So long as they are quiet and we don't have to share a bed I'd be more than happy.

No problem - we should better stop babbeling at 10 pm this time! ;)

Thanks a lot for Your support Flo! :rock

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Which grippers do you need?

Remember that Arnes MM3 replica and mine MM4 replica isn't properly calibrated.

If I remember right, Arne has following:

And I have: 3.14 aka PI.

Burk was the man in Sweden plus I can always chop them in the throat and throw them out of the house ha ha.

Burk was the man in Sweden plus I can always chop them in the throat and throw them out of the house ha ha.

Haha - You were babbeling so quickly I could only understand 50% of what You were talking about - especially at night my English gets even more worse...

If You stop snoring I won't say a word! :D

Martin, it would be very kind if You could send all the grippers You mentioned - perhaps the 2,05 is not needed but to be sure everybody has a chance to close a gripper it's better to send them all. If You could send the grippers directly to Hermann Korte we all would be very thankful! :bow

Martin, it would be very kind if You could send all the grippers You mentioned - perhaps the 2,05 is not needed but to be sure everybody has a chance to close a gripper it's better to send them all. If You could send the grippers directly to Hermann Korte we all would be very thankful! :bow

Ok! I'll talk to Arne about it. Could you please PM me Hermann Korte's adress?

Ok! I'll talk to Arne about it. Could you please PM me Hermann Korte's adress?

pm sent! :rock

1. Jose Jara (Spain)

2. Sam Solomi (Great Britain)

3. Chris James (Great Britain)

4. Matti Heiskanen (Finland)

5. Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)

6. Stefan Falke (Germany)

7. Martin Ressel (Germany)

8. Florian Kellersmann (Germany)

Hello everyone,

Hermann Korte told me that it would be nice if every competitor will drop him a line via email just to ensure he will compete and just to have contact as the contest approaches (concerning hotel rooms, airport pick-up etc.). His email adress is: hc.korte@arcor.de !

This is not meant as a deadline for other potential competitors! I hope Steve Gardener will decide to compete also. Beside him others are really welcome to compete. There are some names floating around in my mind:

David Horne, Martin Arildsson, David Hurzeler, Laine Snook, Nick McKinless and so on... . I just want to make sure that You all know You're welcome! :rock

I would love to see Laine Snook compete. We were playing with my #4, he told me he doesn't do grippers much these days but still gave it a good go down to about 7mm. beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys. if you want to see Steve compete in this contest you have to club together and help him out. He has helped out others in the past when he has been better off, so it only fair. British guys please get involved. Steve is the best this country has to offer grip-wise - haha i ain't caught him yet :) and it would be a huge waste for him not to enter this contest.

I have been asked to be in charge of raising the necessary funds. samsolomi@hotmail.co.uk to donate using paypal.

Thanks!