Bbb 3 Competitor List

John Beatty

Well, I have the weekend off work, so I am gonna talk it over with my wife and know one way or the other by the end of next week.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• MalachiMcMullen

• climber511

• RKlein

Bob - start with flowers and work your way up to "honey I want to talk to you about this little grip contest in Oct"

See ya there! < <

Awww, now I'm gonna have to see another Michigander there!... it also would be nice to have another guy there my height of course :rolleyes

Well dammit, I just entered. See you all there!

It will be nice to meet you Zach. We gotta get you in with the rest of the MI crew- Dave and Ryan will be there also. You'll have fun at the MI grip events. We also get together at Larkin's a few times a year outside of comps. Hell, it's a 3.5 hour drive to there for me, I know you can't be much farther!

Hahahaha, maybe same height but we got about exactly the same handsize!

it also would be nice to have another guy there my height of course :rolleyes

Well I'll be there and I'm a little on the small side. :rolleyes

Well dammit, I just entered. See you all there!

It will be nice to meet you Zach. We gotta get you in with the rest of the MI crew- Dave and Ryan will be there also. You'll have fun at the MI grip events. We also get together at Larkin's a few times a year outside of comps. Hell, it's a 3.5 hour drive to there for me, I know you can't be much farther!

Hahahaha, maybe same height but we got about exactly the same handsize!

Great! I wanted to go to the last MI comp but not being able to get a ride pretty much stopped me.

EDIT: just checked, it would be about a 3hr drive for me :) I'm nearer Toledo

it also would be nice to have another guy there my height of course :rolleyes

Well I'll be there and I'm a little on the small side. :rolleyes

Well of course everyone knows a small guy lifting big weights is more impressive anyway :happy See you both 10/13!

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Im looking to sign up! Is there an alternative to snail mail and a check? Just want to make sure........I 'll have to find some envelopes and checks, have not used those things in a while! :D Looking forward to meeting world class Gripsters!

Dan

Im looking to sign up! Is there an alternative to snail mail and a check? Just want to make sure........I 'll have to find some envelopes and checks, have not used those things in a while! :D Looking forward to meeting world class Gripsters!

Dan

I signed up through paypal and email :)

Dan Sweeny

Bob Lipinski

Zach Coulter

John Eaton

John Beatty

Chad Woodall

Chris Rice

Nick Rosendaul

Neil Kazaross

Ryan Klein

Chuck Carns

Josh Dale

Jedd Johnson

Sean Dockery

Scott Harris

Robert Alva

Jerry Donaldson

Scott George

Aaron Corcorran

Dave Thornton

Rick Kramer

Luke Pro

22.....3 spots left

Prizes so far:

Full set of RB's including FBBC special edition grippers. That right there is a $453 value. Will be part of 1st prize.

50kg kettlebell.

Monster sledge 50lbs +

Softcover book Sandow the Magnificent

the 2" Vbars used in the BBB

I'll be doing a bunch of "one of a kind" FBBC toys, haven't figured them out yet.

3.5" wrist roller

swords or something like that for the top 5

daggers for 6th-10th

trophies for 1-10th

T's for everyone

APT's goodies

more to come

TV coverage confirmed, still waiting on newspaper coverage.

Hey John. I think I can go but it really depends on Aaron and if I can get a ride from anyone from Chicago airport. Could anyone do me a BIG favor? Anyway I'd really appreciate it if anyone could tell me if I could get a ride and where (it doesn't have to be Chicago, just tell me where and when) and when I'd have to plan my flight. I'd also really appreciate if you could hold a spot for me for a few days until I'm 100% one way or the other. If you can't I understand but I'd like you to if possible.

Hey John. I think I can go but it really depends on Aaron and if I can get a ride from anyone from Chicago airport. Could anyone do me a BIG favor? Anyway I'd really appreciate it if anyone could tell me if I could get a ride and where (it doesn't have to be Chicago, just tell me where and when) and when I'd have to plan my flight. I'd also really appreciate if you could hold a spot for me for a few days until I'm 100% one way or the other. If you can't I understand but I'd like you to if possible.

If you can fly into Indy on Friday at 9:00 am you can ride with us. We are making a few stops on the way but not for long.

We fly out at 10am on Sunday.

Thanks a lot Scott for the offer and I might take you up on it. I'm looking at flights and I found one but I have to leave at 6 pm on Thursday just to get there at 9 am on Friday. We'll see if I can get a better flight and I'll let you know. Who else is riding with you?

If anyone else could give me a ride just in case this one doesn't work out pm me and let me know I'd appreciate it. And sorry for hijacking this thread John.

Me and my dad are leaving our house at around 5, our route goes near Chicago but I google-earth'd it and it'd only be about 30 mins added to the trip for us to go through Indianapolis. Sounds like Scott and Dave T. have your back pretty good though.

Derek-

I'll put you on the list & take you off if you can't make it. There's another option for Chicago-Champaign & back, Amtrak runs two times Fri eve & I think twice on Sun, & I think it's only about $30-40 for the round trip. Drops downtown Champaign & that's about a $5 cab ride to the hotel. Or if it times right, I can pick you up at the train station & shuttle you there.

Prizes so far:

Full set of RB's including FBBC special edition grippers. That right there is a $453 value. Will be part of 1st prize.

50kg kettlebell.

Monster sledge 50lbs +

Softcover book Sandow the Magnificent

the 2" Vbars used in the BBB

I'll be doing a bunch of "one of a kind" FBBC toys, haven't figured them out yet.

3.5" wrist roller

swords or something like that for the top 5

daggers for 6th-10th

trophies for 1-10th

T's for everyone

APT's goodies

more to come

TV coverage confirmed, still waiting on newspaper coverage.

Adding

some of the Charles Atlas courses

a Weider "how to perform Strongman Feats" booklet

Two weightlifting "Patron" medals from the 1940's.

My wife and I are flying into Indy midday-ish Friday and getting a rental car. If the times work out, I have no problem helping with rides and such.

Edited by The Chuck

"Dave T. is picking me up in Indy. around 9:00 p.m. if that helps"

MalachiMcMullen: i don't know what i was thinking. i thought that you needed a ride from indy. airport.

LOL? :whacked

Hope ya can make it there Derek!

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry I kept forgetting to post this but I wanted to be sure before I did. I can't make it to BBB due to a LOT of things coming up so go ahead and take me off the list John. I want to thank everyone for volunteering to help me out and say good luck to all of you guys.

Hey John - how many have signed up now? Last I saw was 22 people? Come on guys - it's not too late!

Hey John - how many have signed up now? Last I saw was 22 people? Come on guys - it's not too late!

Amazing list of competitors.