Sean Dockery

Scott Harris

Robert Alva

Jerry Donaldson

Scott George

Aaron Corcorran

Dave Thornton

Rick Kramer

17 out of 25 spots filled, fellas, don't wait too long!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• MalachiMcMullen

• climber511

• RKlein

John Beatty

Chad Woodall

Chris Rice

Nick Rosendaul

Neil Kazaross

Ryan Klein

Chuck Carns

Josh Dale

Jedd Johnson

Sean Dockery

Scott Harris

Robert Alva

Jerry Donaldson

Scott George

Aaron Corcorran

Dave Thornton

Rick Kramer

17 out of 25 spots filled, fellas, don't wait too long!

Looking good so far - going be a great contest!

I don't see John Eaton's name on the list. He's definetly going to hear about this one :trout

I think Imay have forgotten John, I'm pretty sure he said he was coming.

Eaton told me at GGC that he and Jedd are driving over together

Man, i really wish I could make this one. Have fun guys I know it'll be a hell of a competition.

John Eaton

John Beatty

Chad Woodall

Chris Rice

Nick Rosendaul

Neil Kazaross

Ryan Klein

Chuck Carns

Josh Dale

Jedd Johnson

Sean Dockery

Scott Harris

Robert Alva

Jerry Donaldson

Scott George

Aaron Corcorran

Dave Thornton

Rick Kramer

18 out of 25 spots filled, fellas, don't wait too long!

Hoping we'll add Greg & Dave again. Mr Prince, too.

I really like to see Chad VS Ryan VS BBB 2006 champion Dave Morton.

John Eaton

John Beatty

Chad Woodall

Chris Rice

Nick Rosendaul

Neil Kazaross

Ryan Klein

Chuck Carns

Josh Dale

Jedd Johnson

Sean Dockery

Scott Harris

Robert Alva

Jerry Donaldson

Scott George

Aaron Corcorran

Dave Thornton

Rick Kramer

18 out of 25 spots filled, fellas, don't wait too long!

Hoping we'll add Greg & Dave again. Mr Prince, too.

Dude...this is a STRONG field of competitors :mosher:mosher:mosher

i hope Dave, Greg, and Sean along with some others make it out. I know Steve Mcgranahan (sp) has been to this contest before. i don't know if he competes anymore but that would be cool if he came out.

Im feeling horribly under qualified to even be on that list.

Be pretty sweet to add Mr Horne & Franky, too

Of the current crop of competitors Chad vs Ryan is probably the toughest match on that side of the pond.

Plenty of others to push them as well.

What happened to Clay Edgin? He was at the top level of gripdom and

then you don't hear anything about him anymore.

He is training strongman very hard and going to comps. He had this to say back in July when I asked him if he was going to make the Michigan grip thing:

"I'm not going to make it to any grip contests this year. I intended to go but haven't made any time to train and frankly I'd hate to embarrass myself. After hurting my right wrist I can just about close my #3 again but there's quite a bit of pain, so I'm taking it easy on the grippers and other specific grip work. I can hang onto farmers walks without pain but everything else is a little iffy."

John,

It looks a great contest. But I'm basically out of it for this year now, as I can't even train anything but fitness and abs right now due to my finger.

David

I'm pretty stoked! This is one contest I can actually make it to! No point in competing but it'll be fun to meet everyone.

I'm pretty stoked! This is one contest I can actually make it to! No point in competing but it'll be fun to meet everyone.

OK here we go again - this seems to be my responsibility on here. You will NOT come just to watch - you will come and compete with the rest of us. There is a very real point in competing - getting beat while doing your best is something you can be very proud of - and I promise you will earn the respect of everyone there. I mean hey - only one guy is going to win and all the rest of us won't. I promise you that you will be sorry if you just come and watch - I've seen it time after time now at contests. Those guys who think "I'm not ready for these guys" are wrong - you will learn so much and have so much fun, you'll never forget it. And it will expand your mind to where you will never be the same again in your lifting. At BBB last year I bent a Grade 5 - Franky visited me and helped me with technique - 3 days later I bent a Grade 8, within two months, I did a Bastard and a Red. It wasn't strength - it was the coaching of a new found friend and coming to believe that it was possible FOR ME to do it. Now fill out that application and I'll see ya there.

OK here we go again - this seems to be my responsibility on here. You will NOT come just to watch - you will come and compete with the rest of us. There is a very real point in competing - getting beat while doing your best is something you can be very proud of - and I promise you will earn the respect of everyone there. I mean hey - only one guy is going to win and all the rest of us won't. I promise you that you will be sorry if you just come and watch - I've seen it time after time now at contests. Those guys who think "I'm not ready for these guys" are wrong - you will learn so much and have so much fun, you'll never forget it. And it will expand your mind to where you will never be the same again in your lifting. At BBB last year I bent a Grade 5 - Franky visited me and helped me with technique - 3 days later I bent a Grade 8, within two months, I did a Bastard and a Red. It wasn't strength - it was the coaching of a new found friend and coming to believe that it was possible FOR ME to do it. Now fill out that application and I'll see ya there.

...Harsh...

but true! I've never touched a V bar and my bending of course is lack luster since I hurt my shoulder at work but I suppose I should go for it anyway. Hell there are still a bunch of spots left so why not?

BTW I wasn't aware spectators weren't allowed so sorry! :)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

That's the spirit! See ya there!

flabbergastenpoopy, I might have to sign up. I have the weekend off of work. I don't have much grip training behind my belt, but I have been giving it my best shot for the last few weeks, and will continue to do so.

And Chris is right! Every time I have been a spectator at an event, I kick myself in the ass for not signing up. My father in law always feels the same way when he comes to competitions with me.

but true! I've never touched a V bar and my bending of course is lack luster since I hurt my shoulder at work but I suppose I should go for it anyway. Hell there are still a bunch of spots left so why not?

BTW I wasn't aware spectators weren't allowed so sorry! :)

Spectators are allowed but I promise, by the end of the day you will kick yourself for not entering. As for lack of V-bar and bending numbers this will be 100 times better experience for learning form and technique

then a video could ever provide. Also its 2" and its pretty much a new game for most.

An injury is just a limit for an event. Be it a 3/16 round or 80lbs on v-bar, it just does not matter at the contest. Do your best and don't push your injury.

Right now i am nursing a finger injury I just got at GGC, can't bend a wet coat hanger or v-bar 100 lbs but with time and patient it will heal. Oct 13 at BBB will be great, don't miss it.

Edited by madss