Bbb 3 Competitor List

John Beatty

I'll be contesting everything left handed, and taking passes on the events that require 2 hands. But I'll be competing not sitting on the sidelines. So, every newb in a 500mile radius better come to John's. Cause they are certain not to finish last.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• MalachiMcMullen

• climber511

• RKlein

Guys-

Glad to hear about the new guys & Bob coming, looking very forward to it. I haven't changed it yet on the site, but start time is 11am, not noon, so we can finish & have daylight so we can try a bit of Caber after the comp.

If you haven't made your hotel reservations, do it soon, the cut off is in the next week or so. if you need the link, I'll post it again.

Here's a funny bit, I was working on everything & had it stuck in my head the show was on the 6th. Was freaking a bit because I got scheduled the 6th at work (easy fix, I felt ill already). Then looked at the entry form & thought what a moron I am. And I'm off thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun the week of the 13th. Much better... :whacked

Guys-

Glad to hear about the new guys & Bob coming, looking very forward to it. I haven't changed it yet on the site, but start time is 11am, not noon, so we can finish & have daylight so we can try a bit of Caber after the comp.

If you haven't made your hotel reservations, do it soon, the cut off is in the next week or so. if you need the link, I'll post it again.

Here's a funny bit, I was working on everything & had it stuck in my head the show was on the 6th. Was freaking a bit because I got scheduled the 6th at work (easy fix, I felt ill already). Then looked at the entry form & thought what a moron I am. And I'm off thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun the week of the 13th. Much better... :whacked

That's because at first you said it was the 6th - I had to move my climbing trip to do BBB is why I'm sure of that. Man - the caber kicked sand in my face at my first HG - I'd love a chance to try it again - especially if ole Cabertosser is there to offer some pointers!

Edited by climber511

Yes I have wanted to try a caber for some time now. That would be great to do after the comp.

Hey John, is the order of events going to be the same as they are listed on the entry form?

What objects are in the loading event?

How heavy is the hercules hold?

What grippers are going to be used?

Thanks

Edited by RKlein

Hey John, is the order of events going to be the same as they are listed on the entry form?

Thanks

Seconded, btw entry form in the mail john!

Thanks

Order of events, for sure will be grippers then bending, will probably do Herc hold toward the beginning to get it out of the way as it takes up a lot of space & I'll have it set up outside.

Loading - for sure, an Inch, a blob, the traffic cone, this nasty chromed cutoff DB that weighs about 40lbs,

unsure-

3 more items, possibly an anvil, I have to sort through my toys

Herc hold - probably about 300 per hand

Grippers, like the last two years - all of mine & people are free to bring others to fill the gaps. I don't have a bunch betwween the #3 & #4, so fill ins are fine.

I believe it will be the baby Inch...I think.

I was worried for a minute there... Oh wait :erm

How much does the baby inch weigh? Isn't it 57ish kg?

EDIT: That reminds me, I could bring my homemade Inch's. One is definetly going to be about 200lbs and the other about 120-130.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

John Eaton

John Beatty

Chad Woodall

Chris Rice

Nick Rosendaul

Neil Kazaross

Ryan Klein

Chuck Carns

Josh Dale

Jedd Johnson

Sean Dockery

Scott Harris

Robert Alva

Jerry Donaldson

Scott George

Aaron Corcorran

Dave Thornton

Rick Kramer

Zach Coulter

19.....6 spots left

Some interesting news, I may have Bastard Cert shirts available at the BBB for their debut. Depends on how broke I am...lol, had to cough up real estate taxes yesterday.

looks like a strong field. i would like to Steve M. and Dave M. on that list (along with a few others) but i know these guys have done this contests before. if anyone knows these guys get on them to join in. this is a good chance to have all the top guys from the U.S. competing together.

looks like a strong field. i would like to Steve M. and Dave M. on that list (along with a few others) but i know these guys have done this contests before. if anyone knows these guys get on them to join in. this is a good chance to have all the top guys from the U.S. competing together.

Dave & Greg will be on vacation & have to miss the show this year.

John, any thoughts on a small/large hand split for the competition?

EDIT: You just answered this else where, sorry to ask again!

Edited by The Chuck

John, any thoughts on a small/large hand split for the competition?

EDIT: You just answered this else where, sorry to ask again!

must have missed that one. what was the answer?

The answer was no

It was on grippermania :)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

The answer was no

thats ok, we small hand guys will rule the world some day!!! :mosher

:rock:rock:rock

The answer was no

:rock:mosher

Prizes so far:

Full set of RB's including FBBC special edition grippers. That right there is a $453 value. Will be part of 1st prize.

50kg kettlebell.

Monster sledge

Softcover book Sandow the Magnificent

the 2" Vbars used in the BBB

I'll be doing a bunch of "one of a kind" FBBC toys, haven't figured them out yet.

Prizes so far:

Full set of RB's including FBBC special edition grippers. That right there is a $453 value. Will be part of 1st prize.

50kg kettlebell.

Monster sledge

I'll be doing a bunch of "one of a kind" FBBC toys, haven't figured them out yet.

Awesome John :mosher:mosher:mosher

Prizes so far:

50kg kettlebell.

Monster sledge

Great John!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock:mosher